R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2004, 10:26 AM   #9766
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by TigeRyan
Another question, with this being my first CF Plate car, I know I have to CA the edges of the chassis, are the battery slots already done or do I need to do them and if so what is the best way and best tool to do this? I want to build this car "The Right Way" so I hope you guys don't mind the questions....
I seal every raw edge of the CF i can see. bat slots , shock towers, upper deck, even the unused screw holes. just makes the car look cleaner when you see that shinny edge. Also file the sharp edges off the bat slots just ehough so they will not cut into the shrink wrap or the batteries. If you file too much then the will sit down to far and be loose fitting then you will have to use foam to make up for the room

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:00 PM   #9767
Tech Regular

Just to say if you are desperite for a new T1FK kit supior hobbies have got 4 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...931679702&rd=1 because by the sounds of it you are having trouble gettin them

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:10 PM   #9768
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Thanks for the link, ended up getting one from Steve @ SpeedTech...
Old 11-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #9769
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rubberneck-Rc Xray bumper

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumper.jpg (63.8 KB, 215 views)
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #9770
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Got mine today from www.thercshack.com great service and fasst shipping

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #9771
Tech Elite

John, check your PM!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:38 PM   #9772
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Rubberneck-Rc Xray bumper

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabee
Does anyone know if the moron that makes those bumpers makes them for HPI Pro 4's as well?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:43 PM   #9773
Tech Elite

Whats up liver neck?? I sent two of them down to Eli, ask his @$$ for one and I'll send him more!! Or email me your addy and I'll hook you and Mikey up, [email protected]...

Where are you racing this weekend??
Old 11-03-2004, 02:51 PM   #9774
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

David- I know man, its bee AWHILE!!!!!! How you doing? Racing still treaten ya good or what... I had like a 6 month highedus(sp) from the hobby, and now getting back into the groove. Hopefully the getting back into the groove stages, dont hurt too much since I run for my boys down in texas now! lol
Old 11-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #9775
Tech Addict

Anders....you are correct for the most part...nobody makes better stuff. The BMI stuff is awesome and it has one huge benefit.....its obtainable. I understand that there was an issue with distributors being switched but you guys have stuff that we cant have or that we cant get for months down the road. XRC chassis finally gets released and my only opportunity was to buy one from Japan. Just missed out on that so BMI it was. Now I will wait for 6 months for some hard arms to come my way :-). I am running a chassis that is like Josh's and I think there is too much weight up front for stock in high bite....until I can try an XRC, who knows how good it can be.
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Seriously.
I understand that some companies want to sell "after market products", but to Xray?
Come on guys. No-one make it better than Juraj anyway.
Work on your set-ups instead.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:17 PM   #9776
Tech Champion

I read some people soaked the belts with WD-40 ??

Try Armour All Protection or Johnson baby oil.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:54 AM   #9777
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by John Tag
Got mine today from www.thercshack.com great service and fasst shipping
John,
Great place to buy it from. You are right, super fast shipping. Thet have a pretty good selection of extras as well. See you Sat. The Md. boys are coming back up for the weekend. I have a boat load of extra parts if you need anything.

Allen
soon2bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:31 AM   #9778
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Got my T1 FK this afternoon that I purchased from Speedtech late last week, and begun putting it together.

After my previous kits, a Losi XXX-S G+ and a Losi XXX-BK2 (not onroad, but still a kit) I now know what an RC Car kit should be. The quality, the attention to detail, the whole thing even down to the box and packaging SCREAMS professional! Everything fits beautifully, no slop or anything.

I havent completed the building of the car yet, but I am about 2/3rd the way through and I am massively impressed. If it goes half as good as it looks and fits together, then looks like my racing just got a hell of a lot more enjoyable

Cant wait to hit the track this weekend!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:12 AM   #9779
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Vortex your comments and others that already had built an XRay was my main deciding factor in changing over to a FK.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:20 AM   #9780
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by v0rtex
Got my T1 FK this afternoon that I purchased from Speedtech late last week, and begun putting it together.

After my previous kits, a Losi XXX-S G+ and a Losi XXX-BK2 (not onroad, but still a kit) I now know what an RC Car kit should be. The quality, the attention to detail, the whole thing even down to the box and packaging SCREAMS professional! Everything fits beautifully, no slop or anything.

I havent completed the building of the car yet, but I am about 2/3rd the way through and I am massively impressed. If it goes half as good as it looks and fits together, then looks like my racing just got a hell of a lot more enjoyable

Cant wait to hit the track this weekend!
it is nice to put together a kit and not have to reem out the hing pin holes in the arms, polish the hing pins. spend countless hours on the drive train to make it free or going thru exacto blades from cutting off the flashing from the parts to make them fit right.

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote