R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-28-2004, 03:01 AM   #9676
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi guys, i've been uisng an FOC with short arms and c-hubs. I just upgraded to the 3.5mm chasis and i noticed that the anti-squat in the rear cannot be adjusted, so i used the upper holes. havnt tried this set-up before, thus, i dont know how my car will ract on the track. what could be the difference between using the upper holes and the lower holes? tanx
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:43 AM   #9677
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

asw7576, nice job.
did you use longer screws on the bottom deck?
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:51 AM   #9678
Tech Champion

upper holes : lower cg

lower holes : higher cg

initial setting from the book : middle holes

you can make anti squat and anti dive by using upper and lower holes.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:00 AM   #9679
Tech Champion

Yeah.... I use titanium screws 3 x 12 mm for between T6 bulkhead
and graphite chassis.

Mostly combination of 3 x 8mm, 3 x 10mm, 3 x 12mm, and 3 x 16mm ( for holding the suspension arm holder )

My chassis is 5mm thick !!!
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:34 AM   #9680
Tech Addict

@Eirik: Thank you coach!

@Hondaguy: Thank you! just what I wanted.

(Actually I have been able to find some setups on MyTSN ,but their hard to find)
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:00 PM   #9681
Tech Adept

OK.....

I have been driving a TC3 for a little more then 3 years now. Since the new TC4 is out I have decided to sell all my TC3 stuff and upgrade to a TC4, but after seeing a friend of mines car I am not hooked on it and I am tired of the woes the TC3 has. Can someone sell me on why I should dump all my AE stuff for some Hudy stuff?

I am just looking for reasons why the XRay is a better choice.. Can anyone help me out? Are set up's easy to find?

Thanks,
Chris
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:35 PM   #9682
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Reliability!

The Xray is tough as nails if you are a better driver, The tunabilty is through the roof, and a booklet is included which will guide you through every change. Carbon Fiber baby! Parts support is only going to get better now with RC america. Don't have to buy extra parts for simple settings changes. Parts quality, etc, etc, etc
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:50 PM   #9683
Tech Apprentice

No line of b.s here...I was exactly like you. had a TC3 for like 5 years and was gonna do the whole tc4 thing but i was not into it anymore. I switched to the Xray T! FK and WOW. Let me tell you from an engineering stand point and not unexplained resoning. You can truely appreciate the marvel of this car from its beautiful build down to the quality of the parts. NOw i have build my share of Associated cars and this xray is a few notches above.....way above. Barely any slop in the suspension, handles like a dream, I can really feel a difference. The saddle pack design as wel as the perpendicular motor posistion creats a perfectly ballaced car. I mean on my tweak gauge this car is perfect. NOt one thing is tweaked an this car had afew bad crashes,some idiot hoped the track and hit my car.....anyways it took the hit and kept on going and is one of th most sturdy cars I have ever seen. Plus RC americe finally released all their parts, and my hobby shop has ordered a huge shippent. The easy setting changes are nice, I mean don't get me wrong they arent the easiest to change but its not like its mission impossible. There is no torque steer and its like riding on rails. ALl i did to the standard setup is put tc3 springs white and blue on it with the one way still on for carpet and I was immediately winning my races.....by alot. IT hooks up perfectly and comes arond just when you want it. The drive train is smooth like butter......you don't need to blue print and all that crap top this baby....not like the tc3 or tc4...man you still need to de-grease the bearing while xrays are perfect. The belt system has barely any resistence so you get a real smooth drivetrain. If these reasons aren't
t enough to dump Associated for Xray I don't know what is.
rustler753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:00 PM   #9684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

the thing about xray's is you could set it up the worst way and its still gonna be hooked. and its just plan fast.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:00 PM   #9685
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree with everything previously stated but I have the best reason. I picked up 3 tenths of a second PER LAP by just switching to an Xray right outta the box!!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 08:05 PM   #9686
Tech Adept

TC3 springs work? Or should I just order all the Xray springs if I do it?

Also, what else do I need to get if I get this car?
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:07 PM   #9687
JCB
Tech Addict

I would get the XRAY springs.....
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #9688
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by asw7576
upper holes : lower cg

lower holes : higher cg

initial setting from the book : middle holes

you can make anti squat and anti dive by using upper and lower holes.
im using an FOC so the bulkheads do not have the mid hole. thus, the only setting i have is upper holes for the rear and 0 anti squat (or is it anti dive?) before the swith, i was using both lower holes, hence, the dilema.
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:24 PM   #9689
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by LoSi xXx S
the thing about xray's is you could set it up the worst way and its still gonna be hooked. and its just plan fast.
I wouldn't go that far. The car is amazingly adjustable, but with all of these adjustments, it's easy to dial yourself right out of a good handling car.

Best idea is to get a setup that you know works, and write it down. Start changing things, and if you get too far outta line, go back to the setup you've got written down and start over.

In all honesty, the stock setup is a very good starting point for asphalt and concrete tracks. Plus, with the increasing fanbase of the car, setups are getting easier to find.

The FK is a great car. I picked up a lap to a lap and a half when I moved from a XXXS G+ to the Freedom of Choice Evo2. Great cars!

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:00 PM   #9690
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Smalls
TC3 springs work? Or should I just order all the Xray springs if I do it?

Also, what else do I need to get if I get this car?

Yes, get the Xray springs they are a matched set, and a better quality thats why the are a little pricey. The Associated springs that I had, for instance, some where different lengths right out of the package, the silvers especially.

What you need are normal tuning parts
Caster blocks
Sway Bar kits Fr+Rr
etc...

and replacement parts that usually break.