R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2004, 07:16 PM   #9631
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Qn about XRC and T1R

Hi

Been scrolling through the thread to get an answer but nothing definitive.. Can anyone help me on a qn regarding the XRC and T1R bulkheads?

I been running my t1r for almost 1 1/2 years now and the composite chassis finally cracked a little at the front just after the bulks.

Got an XRC as a replacement and now i'm finding i can't just swap over the bulks wholesale. I was running the susp. pin holders at the lowest holes (front and rear) with completely flat rake (car seemed to have more 'zip' and corner speed like that).

But now, with those crazy-deep recesses on the XRC, the only way i could fit the bulks/arms on is to change the whole setup to the highest holes (the T1R bulks only have 2 holes for the pin holders).

My qn is: How does this affect the car? Seems kinda weird with the arms riding so high and the chassis hanging low....
pineapplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:38 PM   #9632
Tech Addict

hmm...i've got a T1R as well, and was just thinking about the XRC chassis as my next hop-up...
Devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:47 PM   #9633
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Devil666
hmm...i've got a T1R as well, and was just thinking about the XRC chassis as my next hop-up...
well i saw one mod involving cutting up holes under the pin-holders for the chassis... But i can't imagine cutting up this beautiful piece of CNC graphite!!!

The wide top plate didn't fit on my T1R bulks too.. the pillowball holders up front got in the way and the plate had to be dremeled into place...

Maybe i need to buy FK bulkheads? Strangest thing is that teamxray.com puts all these items as compatible with the T1R... yah right... compatible if you got power-tools... grrr... I do enjoy the retrofitting and handiwork as its all part of the hobby, but i'm still miffed i gotta do this for a 'luxury' touring car...
Old 10-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #9634
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

I have the T1R also, and i have decided to either get the BMI Chassis or the new Xray Rigid Chassis, but if you think about it with all the hop ups you want to get your just gonna spend more.. Thats why i am going to get an FK now, i will be selling my T1R soon as well. (I just needed to get more options, lighter bulkheads, 1.77 ratio pulleys, chassis, etc and its all in the FK) I think i will get the Fk and get a Xray Rigid chassis as well. (Maybe a BMI) Just a comment.

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #9635
JCB
Tech Addict

The XRC is an upgrade for the Factory Kit only. I called RC America today for the info. You can take a dremel to the chassis, but it's up to you.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:10 PM   #9636
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by JCB
You can take a dremel to the chassis, but it's up to you.
better hope you have a steady hand

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:11 PM   #9637
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by howard hudson
better hope you have a steady hand
lol agreed
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:11 PM   #9638
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JCB
The XRC is an upgrade for the Factory Kit only. I called RC America today for the info. You can take a dremel to the chassis, but it's up to you.
well its good RC America informed you correctly..

i naively believed the xray website... its listed as an option for the T1R ... not FK-specific...

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...?kategoria=647

And of course i know its up to me to dremel away... real helpful dude... ... Captain Obvious.... Do you have any real input as to its effect on car handling and whether its feasible to run them on the top holes??
Old 10-26-2004, 08:16 PM   #9639
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
lol agreed
ah crap... my arms i still protesting from beveling out the battery slots with a small file... This stuff is hard!! Much harder than other graphite bits i've worked on before...

... time to breath graphite again...
Old 10-26-2004, 08:30 PM   #9640
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

Getting my first order in this week from Xray... Just one question I have for you experienced Xray guru's! What do you guys do to the front of the car so the foams(TRC28mm) dont rub/bind? Much appriciated if there is a tip. What I had in mind was just shave some off the outside of the tire with a exacto knife, while its on my truer...
Old 10-26-2004, 08:30 PM   #9641
Tech Master

Why don't you dremel the pin holders flat on the bottom. Makes more sense to me than dremeling out the chassis.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:34 PM   #9642
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Corey Bernardo
Getting my first order in this week from Xray... Just one question I have for you experienced Xray guru's! What do you guys do to the front of the car so the foams(TRC28mm) dont rub/bind? Much appriciated if there is a tip. What I had in mind was just shave some off the outside of the tire with a exacto knife, while its on my truer...
Mine don't rub or bind on anything except the lower spring perch. Just tuned out a little steering throw and all's good.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #9643
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Why don't you dremel the pin holders flat on the bottom. Makes more sense to me than dremeling out the chassis.
i'm such a dumbass...

Thats sounds like a good idea.. But is there a reason why they were molded with this big curved end in the first place?? For extra strength in holding the pin maybe??
Old 10-26-2004, 08:37 PM   #9644
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by pineapplet
i'm such a dumbass...

Thats sounds like a good idea.. But is there a reason why they were molded with this big curved end in the first place?? For extra strength in holding the pin maybe??
Pretty much.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #9645
Tech Master

And it is easier to mold in that shape.