Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 03-18-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

The Peak order is in! I have all the springs, brushes, motors, etc......

I have plenty of foam tires that will be perfect for asphault racing.

Your welcome for the help, even though I did not do much.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Buster,

Do you know if there will be any more indoor racing this year at Mimi's? I'm hoping to get down there again, if it's not too late.

Also, do you think you might be able to email me a picture of that body I was asking you about?

Thanks,

David
Old 03-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Motor Testing.....

Buster, what did you find out about the Hellfire motors? I am looking for that edge in performance.

I also just might join the crowd in mixing arms and cans. I thought I ran with a clean bunch but its time to join them.

Last edited by RCCadet; 03-18-2002 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trips :: Didn't you mostly run 1/12 at Finishline? Are you pictured in Mike's racer profiles or did you leave before that?
Old 03-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trips, there is not real racing at mimi's until next winter. The only time I will be there is during off hours for some practicing...........
The guy who has that body does not come into the store during the week, and he does not have a digital camera, but as soon as I see him I will be sure to snap a picture and email it to you. Sorry I did not have my camera with me that day, I really would have liked to get some pics of the entire day, but I had a brain fart and left my camera at home.

Cadet, The Hellfire motor is pretty decent, it is based off of the MVP but does not get as hot if you ask me. Basically the same tuning that is done on the MVP will work on the Hellfire. I just got in some of the "Viper Springs" so I am going to play around with those in the next few weeks.

I ran a bone stock Hellfire at the EC champs, except that I aligned the hoods properly. It seemed to have plenty of rip, but I feel I can get it to be better with some more tuning. I have yet to try different brush arrangements, nor have I tried Big Jim's trick with cutting the brush face down.

For anyone that is reading this, that likes to tinker with motors, I HIGHLY recommend getting Big Jim's Black Motor Book, not only is it good information but you would also be supporting a great guy!
Even if you think you know everything it is still a good refreshment course!

By the way, if you have not tried out the "Tribo" YOU MUST! It really works!
Old 03-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

O yeah, Cadet
I had the chance to run a "Big Jim Stock MVP"...... all I can say is it was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST !!!!!!!!!!
Probably the fastest stock motor I have ever seen!
WITHOUT A DOUBT faster than anything I have ever built!
If you have no luck building your own motor to keep up with the "cough..... cough...... cheaters"...... I would highly recommend checking into one of Big Jims MVP's, it is sure to give you that edge you need!
Old 03-18-2002, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Buster :: I might call you tomorrow and place an order for the Tribo and Hellfire.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Buster Bennett
O yeah, Cadet
I had the chance to run a "Big Jim Stock MVP"...... all I can say is it was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST !!!!!!!!!!
Probably the fastest stock motor I have ever seen!
WITHOUT A DOUBT faster than anything I have ever built!
If you have no luck building your own motor to keep up with the "cough..... cough...... cheaters"...... I would highly recommend checking into one of Big Jims MVP's, it is sure to give you that edge you need!
I may do that, thanks. I forgot I have his site bookmarked.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

I do not sell the Tribo, I would rather people buy it from him direct, after all, it was he who discovered it!

He site is http://bigjimracing.topcities.com for anyone that does not know.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCCadet
Trips :: Didn't you mostly run 1/12 at Finishline? Are you pictured in Mike's racer profiles or did you leave before that?
I ran electric TC's from March 2000 til around August, then ran Notro sedan for a month or two, then 1/12 the rest of that fall and early 2001.

I am listed on Mike's racer profiles as David S.

Trips
Old 03-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Buster Bennett
Trips, there is not real racing at mimi's until next winter. The only time I will be there is during off hours for some practicing...........
The guy who has that body does not come into the store during the week, and he does not have a digital camera, but as soon as I see him I will be sure to snap a picture and email it to you. Sorry I did not have my camera with me that day, I really would have liked to get some pics of the entire day, but I had a brain fart and left my camera at home.
I guess I won't be making the trip down any time soon, unless there's some good asphalt racing to be had... Any chance of you coming up to race with us? Englistown NJ is some big fun during the summer.

No big rush on the photo, I was also planning to bring my digital camera to the track, but in the rush to get packed and hook up with Jim I forgot to bring it...

Thanks,

Trips
Old 03-19-2002, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Buster,

Are you sure there's no more racing at Mimi's? I just looked at the web page and the schedule shows Saturday 1/12 and Sedan racing through April...

Trips
Old 03-19-2002, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trips,

Mimi wishes people would still come, but everyone is back into the Nitro craze, and I highly doubt there will even be 5 people at any of her Saturday races.

I start our outdoor season races soon, so I would not even be able to make it to her races.

However, I always love a good road trip, what is the schedule like up there? Is there a site I can go to, to see what,when,where?

I have about 3 weeks of work to do here, before I would be able to come up, but I would love to after.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

I too would love to go up to Englishtown. let me know what is going on and maybe Buster, myself and a bunch of other people will come up. Do they race Nitro becuase if they do I am sure a lot of people that were sitting near Buster at the EC Champs will come since they are just running Nitro.

I will stop in on Friday when I get back to get some Brushes and Springs and Tires. I have no clue what Shore to get. It is amazing but Bulgaria has no Hobby Stores that I can find anywhere or any tracks... But every magazine store has RC Car Magazines .

Talk to you later.

Mike Webb
Old 03-19-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Mike, Buster,

Check http://www.americanraceway.com for Englishtown's schedule and info. They do run nitro TC, but most Saturday nights last summer we only had electric TC turning out to race.

Trips

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.