R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-13-2004, 02:53 PM   #8941
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Somebody please help. I just got a T1FT (without a manual) and I believe there is a bad bearing on the center pulley/spur gear shaft. I removed the six screws on the bottom, loosened upper plate. How is the shaft conected? Is there a set screw in the shaft, by the spur gear adaptor?
Old 09-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #8942
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

When you remove the left bulkhead,there is an e-clip holding the pulleys on the shaft,remove the clip,pulleys,and spacer and the shaft should slide out the right bulkhead.

PS Becareful when removing the pulleys...there are small pins holding the pulleys in place on the shaft and sometiems they will slide out when you remove the pulleys.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:58 PM   #8943
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by coastaltony
Somebody please help. I just got a T1FT (without a manual) and I believe there is a bad bearing on the center pulley/spur gear shaft. I removed the six screws on the bottom, loosened upper plate. How is the shaft conected? Is there a set screw in the shaft, by the spur gear adaptor?
you can go to www.teamxray.com and download the t1fk manual.

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #8944
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys. I don't have a printer and I will get the manual this weekend.
Stock chassis fine for prepaired asphalt?
Old 09-13-2004, 03:08 PM   #8945
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3

I havent had any problems with the chassis on asphalt. I've had problems with it when I hit walls & corner dots though
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:54 PM   #8946
Tech Rookie

Default Upgrade

I have a T1 first generation xray. pivot ball suspension. What would it cost to upgrade to the C hub , short arm factory EVO2 car? And what parts would I need to order? I race carpet . Thanks for the help
Joe
powerpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 04:42 PM   #8947
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

from the t1, I believe that the shocks are 2 different lengths so that would be a differenc.e The bulkhead are not adjustable as far as tension on the belts, so you would need those. Then you would need the lower hinge pin retainers that are captured. You would also need to get the c-hub conversion. This would include all the parts for the c-hub conversion such as new drive axel and drive shafts and such.

If you are interested, I have on in the sale forum that is completely converted to short arms.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:18 AM   #8948
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default Shocks

My last pair of Xray shocks werent built very well so, i got some FT TC3 shocks i can mount onto my Xray. Should i just mount them the same way i would for an Xray? I saw some different mounting such as putting a plain screw in on upper and lower holes. But could you fit those Xray ball things into the shock cap?

-Jon

Last edited by JDXray; 09-14-2004 at 07:31 AM.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:20 AM   #8949
Tech Adept

Man this really s_cks. I have been searching high and low for a FK and can't find one. I email RC mushroom and at first it's in stock, so I place my order then I get the email but sorry it's not in stock. So I cancel my order which I don't really mind since I felt guilty by ordering overseas and would rather support our shops here. What takes so long to get the ball rolling with the distributor? There are so many people that want a kit and then there are plenty waiting for parts. Sorry but I just had to vent. Indoor season starts in a little over 2 weeks and I don't even have a car!
kevinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:28 AM   #8950
Tech Elite

one word

"CUSTOMS"

I understand that the container is at the port, but wainting to get released. And also remember this is the first time they have see these part though this port

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 09-14-2004, 08:32 AM   #8951
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
one word

"CUSTOMS"

I understand that the container is at the port, but wainting to get released. And also remember this is the first time they have see these part though this port
Yea I know. I'm just really frustrated. I have already ordered spare parts fom KT hobbies and Stormer and even from Team Tamale. I have spare parts but no kit to use them on. What came first the chicken or the egg?
kevinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:46 AM   #8952
Tech Elite

sorry man, can't help on the kit thing. We have so many xray guys all the kits are out in town as well.

I have one fk left and I have been robing it for parts. right now it is missing a chassis. but I broke open the packages and then replaced them with spares.

I know of a few guys that may be getting out of electric, so there maybe some used fk's I will check on for you.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:31 AM   #8953
Tech Adept

I e-mailed RC America, yesterday, asking what the ETA was on my T1FK(ordered thru KT). They said that the shipment was at the Port of Houston and U.S. Customs has not released it yet. They didn't think it would be much longer.
Hondaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:55 AM   #8954
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kevinm
Yea I know. I'm just really frustrated. I have already ordered spare parts fom KT hobbies and Stormer and even from Team Tamale. I have spare parts but no kit to use them on. What came first the chicken or the egg?
I know your frustration. Thought I had a trade going for one and the guy backed out at the last minute. So now I have no car to run on carpet and our new track is about to open. I guess this is what I get for switching from Xray in the first place.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:56 AM   #8955
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
sorry man, can't help on the kit thing. We have so many xray guys all the kits are out in town as well.

I have one fk left and I have been robing it for parts. right now it is missing a chassis. but I broke open the packages and then replaced them with spares.

I know of a few guys that may be getting out of electric, so there maybe some used fk's I will check on for you.
Lemme know if they decide to. Really want one.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote