Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally posted by markp27
Is this a foam setup? I'm looking for a good rubber tyre carpet setup. I have a very good setup for the TRF-415 I'm using for my Xray/Tamiya review, but I'm looking for a good starting point for the Xray T1 FK. There are lots of setups out there, but can anyone tell me if there is a really good one?
I don't want to be handicaped in testing the T1 FK
the kit setup is the best place to start from
Old 09-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Usually the stock book setup is good for most situations. Small adjustments are only needed from track to track.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rustler753
I just put on 28 mm Jaco foams premounted in my xray but they seem too wide. The rear tires hit the eyelits of the shocks when i use the outer hole on the arms and the tires hit the front when i do a full turn left or right. Is there some osort of spacer or something i am supposed do to allow 28 mm premounted jaco tires to fit on my car?
Put them on a truer [you'll appreciate a 59mm starting diameter] and "shave" the inner [had the same problems and when I measured them, they were closer to 30mm wide]. I "shaved" the outer as well and has helped them from chunking as well [two sets of tires and not a single tire/wheel chunked, can't say that about the nitro tires yet]

^5
Old 09-05-2004, 09:57 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Rustler-

Any 28mm Foam will rub on the shock of the XRAY while mounted in the outside hole.

The team guys grind down the arm a bit so the shock will fit inside of the wheel.

I have done it to my car, and their is enough meat around the mounting point to not weaken the arm one bit.

Korgae
JACO
Old 09-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanxs for the great imput but i need to ask about the front tires. I can't use full turning with the foams so what should i do about that problem. the tires will hit the shocks in the front when i turn full left and right with the 28 mm tires. Also i can't get the back ride hieght lower than 7mm...even with the shock collars all the way up. What can i do abou that?
Old 09-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

thanxs for the great imput but i need to ask about the front tires. I can't use full turning with the foams so what should i do about that problem. the tires will hit the shocks in the front when i turn full left and right with the 28 mm tires. Also i can't get the back ride hieght lower than 7mm...even with the shock collars all the way up. What can i do abou that?
nothing less then 7mm?? are u running the old style bmi rear shock tower, im gunna guess not, and have u checked ur uptravel because that could fubar the car up majorly if its off just by one or two turns. and check shock length and for any bent pins and other broken or bent items.

hope this kinda helps

lazyboy
Old 09-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by lazyboy
nothing less then 7mm?? are u running the old style bmi rear shock tower, im gunna guess not, and have u checked ur uptravel because that could fubar the car up majorly if its off just by one or two turns. and check shock length and for any bent pins and other broken or bent items.

hope this kinda helps

lazyboy

also what roll centers are running? if on foam you should be running the lowest roll center most of the time on carpet.. just thought i throw that in there
Old 09-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys I have a simple but I guess in depth question for you. In the past I have ran a schumacher on carpet, the dropped them and tried out a losi. Loved the losi, but now I want something different. I drove a buddies Evo II car yesterday, and thought it was great. But I wanna ask you guys, questions about it. How does it hold up to tweak problems, does he pretty much stay dead on? Also any other of you guys two cents about the car, would be much appriciated...
Old 09-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Corey Bernardo
Guys I have a simple but I guess in depth question for you. In the past I have ran a schumacher on carpet, the dropped them and tried out a losi. Loved the losi, but now I want something different. I drove a buddies Evo II car yesterday, and thought it was great. But I wanna ask you guys, questions about it. How does it hold up to tweak problems, does he pretty much stay dead on? Also any other of you guys two cents about the car, would be much appriciated...
I have both the Evo 2 and the Factory Kit. I have never had a problem with them holding tweak. I'm a little anal, Usually check my car before each run. The Evo 2 in my opinion is just a little slower on carpet than the Factory Kit. But I love them both. I usually use the Evo2 for Asphalt, Factory For carpet...
Old 09-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Korgae
Rustler-

Any 28mm Foam will rub on the shock of the XRAY while mounted in the outside hole.

The team guys grind down the arm a bit so the shock will fit inside of the wheel.

I have done it to my car, and their is enough meat around the mounting point to not weaken the arm one bit.

Korgae
JACO
Do you happen to have any pictures of exactly what and how much is ground off? I'm trying to get my FK prepared for its first outing next weekend (I bought it at the start of summer and ran about 4 batteries through it!).
Old 09-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

on the front you have to limit the steering travel from left to right and then they wont rub also shaving the shock mounts on the rear arm is a perfect solution on the situation of the ride height you have to true your tires to about 59mm then you should have no problem hope this helps
Old 09-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

on regular sedan tires i have full turning radius but with foams, yes, i do have to turn down my dual rate, but I still want my full turning radius. Can anyone give me a solution for the front tires rubbing so that i can still turn the max with my foam tires.

Last edited by rustler753; 09-05-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sorry you cant and you should not have to, if you use your full turn radius you will be scrubbing off speed. anything more than 23 degrees of turning is just costing you speed
Old 09-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone got a decent rubber tire carpet setup for low-med traction carpet??? Thanks.

-Korey
Old 09-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

on regular sedan tires i have full turning radius but with foams, yes, i do have to turn down my dual rate, but I still want my full turning radius. Can anyone give me a solution for the front tires rubbing so that i can still turn the max with my foam tires.
there is no solution. As goop said, You are turning the wheels too far. the travel of the steering link will be soo far that the inside wheel will be chattering. This will also make it very easy to collapse the wheel end of the axels if you take a board when you are that far at lock. As a matter of fact, the new xray part that extends the steering hub to the third position reduces the travel of the wheels even more. So as goop said, reduce your epa of the radio. I am actually at like 68% on my setting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.