Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The T1R is a good kit, i have one. It keeps up with the big boys (FK, Evo2)
Old 08-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by markp27

Huge, matey, huge! Within three quaters of an hour from where I live, there are about 4 or 5 top outdoor tracks - really top condition and facilities. There is one indoor track which is also three quaters of an hour away, so what ever the weather, I can drive
I drive electric after the nitro season is over. Nitro season runs from April-Oct here, so it is a good split.

Definately Tamiya is the bigger player. I have the EVO III, but was dissapointed with the problems it had, so I decided to replace it with either an Xray FK or a Tamiya 415. I bought both and will be testing them soon to see which one I want to keep. You can read the first part of my review of both cars at www.3hobby.com
Prices in Germany are good enough that in most cases it isn't actually worth it to order from Hong Kong or wherever.

What's the scene like there in Oz?

Cheers, Mark.
Hi Mark,

I'm lucky here, my local track is only 5 minutes away and we race every Friday night with between 60 and 100 entries each week. It is in a large outdoor shed, roof but no sides so we can race regardless of the weather.

There are 5 other tracks within an hours drive in Sydney, all outdoor. Some are very well attended, others seem to bring rain every time they hold a meeting.

There are other venues throughout the country. I have raced in Canberra (3.5 hours drive) Tamworth (5 hours) and the National Titles are being held on the Victoria border this year (6-7 hours). I will probably enter but it is a long trip back if things don't go well.

Many of the top drivers here fly to meetings between Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and occasionally to Asia and the States. I'm not at that level but I enjoy the racing and trying to get more out of the car.

Most of the serious drivers buy parts online here. The hobby shops in my area seem to stock Tamiya and little else. If they order parts for you it can take age to get them and they are expensive. If you purchase online from Japan or Hong Kong, you save heaps and usually have the parts in around three days. Delivery from the States takes a little longer, around ten days but sometimes have to order from there as you can't always find what you need in Asia.

I only race electric but most tracks run nitro as well.

The weather is beginning to warm up now but in the Winter, we freeze as temperatures ca get well into the single figures by the time racing finishes late at night.

Just a quick snapshot of the scene here, it was interesting to here about the German racing.

Jeff
Old 08-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDXray
The T1R is a good kit, i have one. It keeps up with the big boys (FK, Evo2)
so, you think ill be more compeditive with this kit? Also, wheres the best place to buy it from?
Old 08-31-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

thercshack sells them for good price. i got mine for 190. Any xray kit is competitive.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

ok man thanks!
Old 09-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

I am looking into getting some Spring Steel Hexes. I found 2 kinds the regualr spring steel hexes and the 22mm ones, which should i use on an Xray t1r and maybe get s set for an FK.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

The rc shack is out of stock on the FK. Does anyone know when the car is going to be romoved off the temporarily out of production list and start shipping to suppliers like horizon?
Old 09-02-2004, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Hi everyone.

Does the T1 FT have the same length shocks front and rear?

Will this spring set fit? Spring set
Do you know if it includes "double pairs" so you can have the same spring rates front and rear without having to buy two sets?

Thank you!
Old 09-02-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, they are Xray springs and will fit any 1.10 kit. Unless they have (4) of the same spring, the rates will be different.

^5
Old 09-02-2004, 03:41 AM
Tech Addict

Ok, maybe I知 a bit slow but I did地t quite understand what you mean.

Since there are 24 springs in the set and six different rates in the picture I assume that you can have the same rate (colour) both front and rear with this set.

Again I知 sorry for asking again but on my old T1 (EVO1) the shocks have different lengths fore and aft, is this the case also with the FT?
Old 09-02-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by JimMcClure
The rc shack is out of stock on the FK. Does anyone know when the car is going to be romoved off the temporarily out of production list and start shipping to suppliers like horizon?
Horizon will not be stocking any more X-ray parts.... X-ray has their own distributor now (RCAmerica), This should lead to lessprice gouging for X-ray kits and parts....

RCAmerica told my LHS that they should be recieving their first shippment within the first 2 weeks of September....... It's so big it had to be sent on a cargo ship!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! FK's for everybody!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JDXray
I am looking into getting some Spring Steel Hexes. I found 2 kinds the regualr spring steel hexes and the 22mm ones, which should i use on an Xray t1r and maybe get s set for an FK.
If memory serves me right I think you want the 22mm ones they would be the same as your rear ones. The other ones are narrower for the PB suspension
Old 09-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally posted by OleC
Ok, maybe I知 a bit slow but I did地t quite understand what you mean.

Since there are 24 springs in the set and six different rates in the picture I assume that you can have the same rate (colour) both front and rear with this set.

Again I知 sorry for asking again but on my old T1 (EVO1) the shocks have different lengths fore and aft, is this the case also with the FT?
yeah, there are 4 springs of each colour in the set, and the T1FK has the same length springs front and rear.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Most Xray, if not all, spring sets have (4) springs of each color/rates. Some other manufacturers, sell their sets in pairs. I didn't look too close to the add, so I just gave you a general answer for you to make your determination on. It sounds like you'll have a full set of springs for front and rear.

If it is made by Xray, then it will fit any Xray kit, so long as the scale is the same [1/10 for 1/10, 1/12 for 1/12 etc., etc., ...]. I can't imagine why they wouldn't work on the T1 or FK.

Shock length question I can't answer...sorry!

^5
Old 09-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Horizon will not be stocking any more X-ray parts.... X-ray has their own distributor now (RCAmerica), This should lead to lessprice gouging for X-ray kits and parts....

RCAmerica told my LHS that they should be recieving their first shippment within the first 2 weeks of September....... It's so big it had to be sent on a cargo ship!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! FK's for everybody!!!!!!!
Xrays for everybody!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.