R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-30-2004, 10:15 PM   #8716
Tech Apprentice

rc-mushroom.com

just bought mine from em' and it shipped today :-)
rustler753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #8717
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rustler753
rc-mushroom.com

just bought mine from em' and it shipped today :-)
what did you get it for + shipping????
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:56 PM   #8718
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Mackem
Are you the other one? You have to be mad to be one these days, at least I am remote from it all in Sydney.
Yep, I'm the other daft sod! You know how it is - born there....have to support them I'm remoting from Germany - you have the advatage in distance!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:11 PM   #8719
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can anybody tell me the performance difference between the BMI 350 chassis and the new XRAY Extra Rigid Chassis (xrc) - Graphite 3.5?

I see that the Xray chassis is recessed in the bulkhead and servo areas, but what else like battery position (ie is the BMI battery placement closer to center line or more forward or???)

Thanks, Mike
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:59 PM   #8720
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R

i have the XRC on my xray and it is sweet!!! the servo was moved back a bit and the batteries were moved forward by around half a cell. it proveded better balance to the car. also gave better off power and on power steering.

another thing is that it is 3d cut. this gives the car the ability to retain the designed roll center.
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:38 AM   #8721
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Yep, I'm the other daft sod! You know how it is - born there....have to support them I'm remoting from Germany - you have the advatage in distance!
Havn't seen them play since 86 and never been to the SOL. I will make the pilgrimage in the next few years. At least it won't be hard to get a seat!
Mad Mackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:43 AM   #8722
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Michal101
Can anybody tell me the performance difference between the BMI 350 chassis and the new XRAY Extra Rigid Chassis (xrc) - Graphite 3.5?

I see that the Xray chassis is recessed in the bulkhead and servo areas, but what else like battery position (ie is the BMI battery placement closer to center line or more forward or???)

Thanks, Mike
The 3.5 Xray is a little heavier than the BMI as it is only 3mm. The battery placing on the BMI depends on the model you buy. The 350 chassis has the batteries moved foreward and the batteries are all closer to center than the standard Xray.

I have heard that the BMI is aslo stiffer even though it is not as thick. I have one and it performs really well.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:33 AM   #8723
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

Yes the BMI is stiffer but not as thick. It is a higher a grade of Carbon Fiber. It is machinced in all mounting areas as well, just not to the extent of the XRC. (because of the thickness)
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 04:41 AM   #8724
Tech Elite

Quote:
Havn't seen them play since 86 and never been to the SOL. I will make the pilgrimage in the next few years. At least it won't be hard to get a seat!
the last time I was there, they had just won the 3rd Division league Must be around about the same time as you. I've seen the SOL a few times, but never been in - but like you said, not due to the crowding
Old 08-31-2004, 06:10 AM   #8725
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
the last time I was there, they had just won the 3rd Division league Must be around about the same time as you. I've seen the SOL a few times, but never been in - but like you said, not due to the crowding
The McMenemy era, I was there for his first game in charge. I was invited to a pre-game lunch and he gave a speech. You would have thought it was the second comming when he walked out before the game. How wrong can you be.

Is racing big in Germany? Is Xray the most popular car? I have three. A FOC a BMI FOC with short arms and a Factory Kit. Just returned fron Hong Kong with the FK and a boat load of spares. The hobby shops there were not what I expected but I ended up filling my cases anyway. Prices are around half the price in OZ.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:44 AM   #8726
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:

Is racing big in Germany? Is Xray the most popular car? I have three. A FOC a BMI FOC with short arms and a Factory Kit.
How doies the FOC with the short arms handle?? Did you change the shock towers, or keep the FOC stockers??

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:09 AM   #8727
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
i have the XRC on my xray and it is sweet!!! the servo was moved back a bit and the batteries were moved forward by around half a cell. it provided better balance to the car. also gave better off power and on power steering.

another thing is that it is 3d cut. this gives the car the ability to retain the designed roll center.
Hey Guys,

I appreciate the info and it sounds as if I cannot go wrong with either one I decide to buy.

Thanks again, Mike
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:14 AM   #8728
Tech Elite

Quote:
The McMenemy era, I was there for his first game in charge. I was invited to a pre-game lunch and he gave a speech. You would have thought it was the second comming when he walked out before the game. How wrong can you be.
The boy McMenemy was kicked out at that stage - that's why Sunderland where in the 3rd division in the first place. I'd been the previous season just after McMenemy had been kicked out and Sunderland had brought Lord Bob Stoke back in to try and rescue them from falling into the 3rd. He couldn't, but he was still imortilised by his efforts - it was a fantastic atmosphere even though they went down.

Quote:
Is racing big in Germany? Is Xray the most popular car? I have three. A FOC a BMI FOC with short arms and a Factory Kit. Just returned fron Hong Kong with the FK and a boat load of spares. The hobby shops there were not what I expected but I ended up filling my cases anyway. Prices are around half the price in OZ.
Huge, matey, huge! Within three quaters of an hour from where I live, there are about 4 or 5 top outdoor tracks - really top condition and facilities. There is one indoor track which is also three quaters of an hour away, so what ever the weather, I can drive
I drive electric after the nitro season is over. Nitro season runs from April-Oct here, so it is a good split.

Definately Tamiya is the bigger player. I have the EVO III, but was dissapointed with the problems it had, so I decided to replace it with either an Xray FK or a Tamiya 415. I bought both and will be testing them soon to see which one I want to keep. You can read the first part of my review of both cars at www.3hobby.com
Prices in Germany are good enough that in most cases it isn't actually worth it to order from Hong Kong or wherever.

What's the scene like there in Oz?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:36 PM   #8729
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
How doies the FOC with the short arms handle?? Did you change the shock towers, or keep the FOC stockers??
I do run the FK shock towers and it handles really well. I run it with foams and use a stiff setup. Red springs all round and sway bars front and back. The only thing holding me back is the driver ability.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:45 PM   #8730
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to microrcdude
Default T1 Raycer

Is the T1 raycer a good car? I want something to step up from my RS4 sport. I like the whole chassis looks, and how their so much options for it. Thanks a ton guys!

MayorRC.com
microrcdude is offline   Reply With Quote