R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #8671
Tech Apprentice

How does the T1 Factory kit compare to the losi xxx-s? I just called a good friend and he said losi is also a good car. I really would like to know if xray has a better design to it and better build quality. I also like to know if xrays drive train is free compared to losi, does the side pack idea reallly work better then the side bye side battery of the losi? also threre are more parts at my local hobby shop for losi and hpi pro 4 then there are xray t1. Is the xray really worth buying parts online till the distributor thing gets worked out here in the states? Also is it worth waiting till mid september for a kit? Or should i go with a hpi pro 4 or a losi xxx-s? please can somebody give detailed answer and not "its all about the driver deal."

peace out
rustler753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 02:54 PM   #8672
Tech Adept

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF A NEW XRAY BEFORE THE WORLDS OR AFTER???
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:04 PM   #8673
Tech Addict

Default Rustler

Losi and HPI kits are good. I've read throughout the boards, that Losi doesn't do as well on asphalt tracks and the Pro4 has broken for a number of people.

You'll find some [RCers/Racers] are loyal to brands, such as I with the Kyosho V One series, and some loyal to whatever gives them the best performance. Neither is right or wrong, since it's your money you are asking advise on.

Parts are definately something to consider. You won't have fun sitting trackside because there aren't any replacements parts for you to buy, or use [RCers are really good about helping one another out if they have what you need].

I won't buy another electric kit unless it is an Xray. In a short time, I've come to realize that those Xray fanatics I always saw wearing their Xray shirts proudly [and daily sometimes ] had a point in their loyalty to Xray/Hudy. I've had AEs and HPIs and there is no comaprison, but I will admit I haven't used/ran any of their latest kits either [Pro4 in particular].

Driving style is also a significant characteristic you must consider.

So, those general answers you aren't fond of are actually saving YOU frustration, time and $$$.

Peace right back at ya, pa'tner!
^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:21 PM   #8674
Tech Fanatic

excellent post Tom G. my sentiments exactly.

rustler753

I have both the G+ and the Xray FK. My G+ spins free-er compared to the FK but I somehow feel that the Fk is faster all round (acceleration, top speed etc).

As for the batt position, the fk is more balanced IMO. characteristics all throughout the turn ( entry, mid, exit) is identical left to right....something i could not get to do on the G+

Parts quality is second to none.... I complety re built my car after 2months of weekend racing and the only part that show signs of wear are the plastic caps on the CVD's

In additon to what Tom G said...if you read through threads of the cars you mentioned, they are constantly either fixing or modifying their cars to be faster or just be more reliable, not to mention buying hop up parts to make them run better. With the fk, you do not need to do as much "wrenching" - build and setup the car and run.... and it will be consistent race after race - best attribute of the xray for me.

you ask if it is worth waiting for stocks to arrive at your LHS? YES!!!
glide 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #8675
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default couple questions

I went to my Local track today and finally ran my Xray for the first time in 3 months. The car actually racn very well. But i didnt see the speed i wanted to see. For speed i guess there are alot of things to cover to get it but i was looking for towards Diff settings (tight,loose etc) and Stock motor setups (springs, brushes etc) Gear ratios (pitch, tooth, pinion, etc)

Also i heard about a 134t spurs gear? Where can i get one of those.

And i noticed that alot of the Xrays right outta the box are pretty underweight, so i added a 20g weight to the bottom of my chassis which helped alittle.

So my main question is how do i get more speed. Looking for a good setup pretty much for indoor carpet stock racing. Thanks

Jon

Last edited by JDXray; 08-28-2004 at 07:16 PM.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:31 PM   #8676
Tech Adept

ok guys I agree I am so tired of trying to get my xxx-s G+ to keep up with the other cars I want an x-ray so bad they look awsome anyone know where there is one available or is there a wait eveywhere?? I checked stormer hobbies and they are out
utracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:35 PM   #8677
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Glide1

Thanks for the praise, but if it wasn't for Xray putting out a "luxury car" and those guys that never stopped talking about them, I'D probably be running a Losi, Yokomo or CRC.

I do like the "split-evenly-concept" of the batteries provide: they provide sense balance [which I have yet to understand how the shaft drive cars do so well on the tack] and if it wasn't because I wanted to learn the actual characteristics of an on-road RC, I'd probably still be trying to run my V1RR without a clue.

I'm so partial to electric touring now because of this Xray, I have a hard time justifying my nitro's existence in my garage!

This Xray 'o mine shows you, almost by feel, what the car is doing right, wrong, what could be better and what I, as the "driver", need to do to place.

^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:27 PM   #8678
Tech Adept

wow. you guys are really passionate about the T1FK and x-ray I cant get one right now but man do I want one!!! that car looks so SSSWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!
utracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:30 PM   #8679
Tech Elite

Default Re: couple questions

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
And i noticed that alot of the Xrays right outta the box are pretty underweight, so i added a 20g weight to the bottom of my chassis which helped alittle.
I added the weight of a motor to bring it up to minimum weight. That's alot.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:33 PM   #8680
Tech Regular

jdxray- if you want your car to go faster take the 20 g back off of the car.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:22 AM   #8681
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

I didnt see any speed changes from taking off the 20g or having it on.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #8682
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Why would you want to use a 134 spur?Would it be to get the belts off the motor(for mod)?glide1 dont mean to burst your bubble but Xray brings out more hop ups than anyone else.The FK is what..the 4th or 5th version of basically the same car?I dont really have a problem with this..but Xray is doing the same thing as Losi as Associated,updating a sound design..Give it a few months and you'll know just what I mean..Xray will have a "new" car to replace the FK and your "new" FK will be obsolete..I know this to be true because I had bought a T1 when they first came out and have been updating it ever since(I also have a T1R,T1M,Evo2)They are good cars but they have not really changed in 3 years,I would think that they are going to go with a new design on the belt drive system,Like every one else has..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:39 PM   #8683
Tech Fanatic

xxxkat

Quote:
but Xray brings out more hop ups than anyone else
I understand, they make hop ups to make a good design even better, hense the "EVO" name to the Xray range. Other kits out there like the Tam EVO 3 for example needed after market parts to make them more reliable ... ie. the ring gear had to be backed by a carbon plate just to stop the gears from stripping. Little things like that all add up to cost. No such thing with the Xray..

Quote:
Xray will have a "new" car to replace the FK and your "new" FK will be obsolete
...i cant wait

...Sure, would be nice if they brought out a shaft drive car aswell!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #8684
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I would not be sure if I would want that.. But I would buy one.. Shaft drive for stock,Belt drive for mod..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:29 PM   #8685
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Shaft drive for stock,Belt drive for mod..
yup, exactly ...