R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2004, 01:02 AM   #8641
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
XR-302096 is already standard included inside the T1FK chassis kit on new production batches.
Somehow I always end up getting the old stuff
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:35 AM   #8642
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
XR-302096 is already standard included inside the T1FK chassis kit on new production batches.
I don't think I have this part. I have an original FK.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #8643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default Comparision

How does the Xray T1FK Compare to the Schumacher Mi2?

The Mi2 seems like a good kit, looking for pros and cons for Mi2.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:07 PM   #8644
Tech Regular

i don't have a mi2 but i know that if you want to get the best out of the car you have to buy a whole set of tamiya trf shocks but with the FK you don't have to buy anything to make it good, it's already amazing

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:58 PM   #8645
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

so all you would need for an mi2 is shocks. Thats not that bad. Thanks for letting me know.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #8646
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Chazz
i don't have a mi2 but i know that if you want to get the best out of the car you have to buy a whole set of tamiya trf shocks but with the FK you don't have to buy anything to make it good, it's already amazing

Chazz
not Really, Alot of drivers (including myself) haven't gone to tamiya shocks, the schumacher shocks are just as good they are just harder to get together. Once they are built its the saem performance.
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:19 PM   #8647
Tech Adept

Question- this has been asked several times I am sure but I have a Losi xxx-s graphite plus I love the look of the X-ray T1FK it seems to be great x-ray seems to be a great company anyone raced both the xxx-s and T1Fk???? I would love to know the comparisions.
utracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:23 PM   #8648
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Looking at buying another kit and is leaning towards the new XRay. What other option bits do I need to get the car in track and also what spares are good to have as I get all my bits O/S.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2004, 04:57 PM   #8649
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by danjoy25
Looking at buying another kit and is leaning towards the new XRay. What other option bits do I need to get the car in track and also what spares are good to have as I get all my bits O/S.

Thanks
I recommend the front roll-bar if you are gonna use the front one-way diff that the kit comes with. The front one-way diff makes the car turn really good but this can make the rear end loose...adding the roll bar can help improve rear traction.

For breakage parts get extra suspension arms and extra c-hubs.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:04 PM   #8650
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by utracer
Question- this has been asked several times I am sure but I have a Losi xxx-s graphite plus I love the look of the X-ray T1FK it seems to be great x-ray seems to be a great company anyone raced both the xxx-s and T1Fk???? I would love to know the comparisions.
I came from a XXX-S before I got my FK. To me, Losi was ok, almost too easy to drive, post no real challenge when it comes to setup. And tell you one thing right off the bat, Losi just wasn't fast enough compare to the FK on asphalt. Have to push the car extra hard to keep up.

Dom
Old 08-26-2004, 05:28 PM   #8651
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by litespeed-dom
I came from a XXX-S before I got my FK. To me, Losi was ok, almost too easy to drive, post no real challenge when it comes to setup. And tell you one thing right off the bat, Losi just wasn't fast enough compare to the FK on asphalt. Have to push the car extra hard to keep up.

Dom
I don't know if I am ready to switch... I think if I could trade my xxx-s G plus thraight across for a T1FK I would go for it. I love the car, just seems a little slow. I don't want a TC3 the x-ray is one sweet lookin car x-ray seems like an amazing company also
utracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:40 PM   #8652
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I will second what Dom said. My losi was always just
"ok" I had to push really hard on asphalt to keep up but on carpet it seemed fine. My first race on asphalt with my xray I tq'ed and won my race (by a large margin) and did very well in another class. It's just very easy to setup and the stock setup is very close for most parking lot racing.

-Korey
Old 08-27-2004, 12:15 AM   #8653
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I too switched from Losi to X-ray....I found the same with the 2 cars the losi was easy to drive, but had to really be pushed to be fast, the fastest your losi will be is when it's "running on a ragged edge"..... with the x-ray you just drive it, the car seems to not mind being driven by many different styles.... smooth or "point and shoot"..... however it seems to slightly prefer smooth......

My brother and best freind likes a car that is always just on the edge so the Losi suits him better....

Also the X-ray seems to last much longer before the parts get sloppy.....

JMHO....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:56 AM   #8654
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R

one of the top drivers in my area drives a losi and he almost always finishes 1st in every race. i would say that he mastered the xxxsg+ and in his hands its a lethal weapon.

i just pray that he doesnt switch to an x-ray!!
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:59 AM   #8655
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by danjoy25

Thanks
Dan i think you will be surprised of the price of parts at CMC, more than competitive in most respects with OS. Also parts not a problem there are hundreds of them around, and darren campbell carries a pretty much full compliment of pqarts with him all the time.