R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-06-2004, 08:51 AM   #8341
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You should be able to fit 6 cells on one side with the EVO2 irrespective of the type of suspension you use. Note that the cels have to be next to each other, not in stick pack configuration!

The 6 cell brace will fit even if you use the short arms as it uses the hole just next to the pivot holder when using the short front arms.

BTW, same goes for the FK as it uses the EVO2 chassis.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:52 AM   #8342
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if the arms are mounted to the outside of the bulkhead, then it is the short arms. if they are mounted on the inside, then you have a standard evo2 setup. Either case, what you will need is part numebr 306160. on the standard setup, there will be mounts at the front of all siz cells and at the rear. On the short arms, I believe that the mounting hole in the front is hindered by the arm mounts. so you may have to put another hole just outsie of the original one to mount the battery strap.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:55 AM   #8343
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Rookie XRay question

Quote:
Originally posted by JHardy
Do need a belt tensioner with the low ratio pulley set? I put a front one-way in my FOC with a low ratio gear on just it and the belt was really loose. Do I need a tensioner or will it tighten up when I put the rest of the gear set on?

Thanks for the help guys.
I may be misreading this, but do you mean you only used the low ratio pulley on the front one-way but are still running the "old" pulleys at the rear and on the layshaft?

If so, don't! The low ratio pulley set has smaller pulleys for the front and rear diffs and LARGER pulleys for the layshaft. Obviously if you don't change the pulley on the layshaft you will be running a small pulley on the front one-way and a small pulley on the layshaft and the belt will be (way) too loose.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:56 AM   #8344
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Guys

They are mounted on the inside of the bulks. I bet I just have too much glue between my cells seperating them too far from one another then. It there anygood way to break them apart without ruining the cell wraps? I have never had to worry about this before.
JHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:59 AM   #8345
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well at the time I did have just the front gear on and it was way too loose. I thought I would need a tensioner so I put the original back one and didnt bother changing the rest yet. Until I got an answer about needing a belt tensioner.
JHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:42 AM   #8346
Tech Regular

As I posted a few pages back, I just bought a EVO2 it came with the BMI chassis. My question stems from the fact that it came with the staggered battery config. I attached a pic of it. My question is when would it be advantageous to run this kind of batt setup? I'm not used to running a staggered saddle pack and I'm not sure if I should go to the more conventional saddle pack. I run mostly in high grip asphalt and I'm thinking of running carpet this fall-winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmi1.jpg (141.3 KB, 198 views)
jackhammer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:45 AM   #8347
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

jackhammer-you nailed it-run it on high bite asphalt or carpet. YOur fine. For carpet-run Josh Cyrul's Nats set-up. cannot help you on asphlt-never run it. I run the BMI 350 chassis ad its been one of the fastest cars on carpet at our track!!

Maybe-just maybe if yourun on asphalt-and your cars underweight-put the ballast in the middle of the car. if you run on carpet-put the ballast in the front.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:55 AM   #8348
Tech Regular

Thanks for the quick reply Ray.
jackhammer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #8349
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

jackhammer-no problem

I got a question for everyone: Whats the handling difference on the rear hubs between the short camber link position and the long? Its been so long since I tried changing them-I cannot remember anymore.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:53 PM   #8350
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

doesnt the xray fk handle better then the pro 4????
Old 08-06-2004, 01:00 PM   #8351
Tech Addict

im sure that the pro4 could be set up to handle like an xray or vice versa
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:17 PM   #8352
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

Goldfinger:
Thanks for the advice....I've already got the max amount of kick-up in front, and a fellow racer gave me the aluminum upper hinge pin mounts that he no longer uses, so I figure I'll play with the caster and roll center, in addition to trying to free up the rear. It's got great turn-in, just not enough on-power steering.

Neil:
Comparing the Evo 2 to my TC3, the slightly more symmetrical (similar lower shock positions and arms front and back) design of the suspension on the TC3 does lend itself to being stiffer given the same springs and oils. I haven't driven the TC3 yet, so I'm eager to find out if it will have enough steering.
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:14 PM   #8353
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
I got a question for everyone: Whats the handling difference on the rear hubs between the short camber link position and the long? Its been so long since I tried changing them-I cannot remember anymore.
Makes the roll of the rear end deaper and slower to transition. It will promote understeer mid corner because there will be more weight transfer to the outside rear at the middle of the corner. It will also make the outside rear unload slower. On exit, it may behave as though the damping is too mismatched between the front and the rear end, where the front end wants to go, but the rear end is still stuck. Basically it might be squirly if you take it too far.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:15 PM   #8354
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jackhammer74
As I posted a few pages back, I just bought a EVO2 it came with the BMI chassis. My question stems from the fact that it came with the staggered battery config. I attached a pic of it. My question is when would it be advantageous to run this kind of batt setup? I'm not used to running a staggered saddle pack and I'm not sure if I should go to the more conventional saddle pack. I run mostly in high grip asphalt and I'm thinking of running carpet this fall-winter.
Yup works great for carpet and high grip. On low and medium, you may overheat the front tires though.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:15 PM   #8355
Tech Apprentice

Default servo FC

Hi all I need some imput as to what servo are you all running in the FC thanks Jeff
jeff19 is offline   Reply With Quote