R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-02-2004, 03:33 PM   #8251
Tech Regular

Someone explain to me exactly which models of the factory kit need the extra little .5mm washer installed on one side of the front suspension. I have already read about it on this thread and I know exactly where it is supposed to go and why but when I carefully examine my chassis I can not see any difference in the left and right side alignment of the hinge pins.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:47 PM   #8252
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

they say you need on on the servo side, but I am using the alumin nuts on all the suspension mounts, so have not taken a caliper to it to verify there is a problem.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:56 PM   #8253
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
i agree that the lower the weight the lower the CG, but would it not be more effective to have the extra 18 grams in one place at the center of the chassis, then dristributed through out the chassis? I would think adding the 18 grams all over would make the cars that much slower in transitions.

I would think that adding weight where it is needed is alot better then just adding weight.
Yes, central mass is better then a distributed mass. (Polar moment of inertia if you are curious) But then, those of use that can tell the difference would be sponsored. The new xray chassis looks like it has a slightly better setup for the rear droop screws. The screw is not at the edge of the CF.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:42 PM   #8254
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by sands
The new xray chassis looks like it has a slightly better setup for the rear droop screws. The screw is not at the edge of the CF.
the nice thing about jason at BMI. Ask and you shall receive. I already asked him to add some material for the droop screws in the rear on my chassis

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 08-02-2004, 11:18 PM   #8255
Tech Elite

He does fantastic work. He is doing some machining work for my chassis.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #8256
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Has anyone got the new front shock tower?

My question is, compared to the current FK tower (i got a 4 hole one not the 3 hole as in the instructions), do the shock and roll-centre holes line up? are the different hights/angles? Of course i reliaze the new outer camber link mounts, just woundering about the others?
i also got the 4 hole shock tower i also have those questions in mind. i think the 4 hole shock tower is for carpet use. i run my can on asphalt and it seems to work fine. honestlyi think my t1fk hs the best handling over the other xrays around (locally).

* all other fk's in my area have the 3 hole shock tower.
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:50 AM   #8257
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
i also got the 4 hole shock tower i also have those questions in mind. i think the 4 hole shock tower is for carpet use. i run my can on asphalt and it seems to work fine. honestlyi think my t1fk hs the best handling over the other xrays around (locally).

i beg to disagree!!!!! i think your car is the only car that sucks!!!!! j/k j/k j/k
chambalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 05:30 AM   #8258
Tech Master

Quote:
All newer batch already comes with 4 holes shock tower (XR-302096 SHOCK TOWER FRONT - FACTORY KIT)
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 05:33 AM   #8259
Tech Master

In case you wonder,

I believe XR-302093 ULTRA-TUNE SHOCK TOWER FRONT - GRAPHITE is the part number that comes with the first batch (3 holes) and the part number still remain on the current batch part list
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:14 AM   #8260
Tech Elite

Quote:

if you got the carpet towers, then yes, the holes are different for the inside camber link. I believe on the 3 hole shock tower the inside link is higher then on the carpet tower.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:16 AM   #8261
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anybody know if the batteries have been moved forward on the new Xray 3.5 mm chassis ?
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:35 AM   #8262
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by jag88
Does anybody know if the batteries have been moved forward on the new Xray 3.5 mm chassis ?
Thanks.
batteries have moved forward by approx 5mm
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #8263
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
[email protected] trying to cut down the habbit for online too much

Anyway, as for my current use of S9550 servo, also that I mounted the servo stay (that aluminum things) not in the most forwad position (closer to center of car) due to that the suspension holder (all plastic only, step 4 front transmission) on that side need 5mm spacer in order to line up the same with the other side, I need horn that will make my servo linkage towards more to the center of the car. The original Xray will make it closer to the servo while the one from S710 will make it farther (closer to belt) and still need +0.75mm spacer to have the linkage straight.

Did you get what I mean?
Hey Pyramid, Bro! Tried the S710's servo saver on the T1KF and it's a perfect fit and the linkage is straight without needing to shim it

Thanks for the tip
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #8264
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default shock length T1FK

There is no mention of this in the manual....I'm sure someone has posted it already, but I can't seem to find it in the postings.

Can anyone tell me what the correct length of the shocks is for the T1FK?

Thanks, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #8265
Tech Addict

Whatever they build too. They are longer then what the droops screws will allow. Droop sets the effective shock length.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote