R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2004, 02:47 PM   #8116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

there is no "official" conversion, so there are no instructions. You could use the factory team instructions. they will be pretty close. go to www.teamxray.com and download them. that would be the quickest way to resolve your problem

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:59 PM   #8117
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Distribution of Hudy / Xray Products

I saw this on one18th.com.

Quote:
Dear Customers,

Effective immediately, Serpent USA will no longer market and or support the Hudy and Xray product lines. For future orders, customer service, and technical support we suggest you contact Hudy directly via e-mail at [email protected], phone 011421 327440 180, fax 011421 327440 179.

We apologize for the inconvenience this will create, and appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Serpent USA

OH...now I don't know if I should get the XRAY T1 FK anymore. Can't get parts!
Old 07-28-2004, 03:14 PM   #8118
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

Our shop gets all our Xray parts through Horizon Hobby with no problems at all. If your local shop orders from Horizon then you are fine.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:19 PM   #8119
Tech Regular

Default Re: Distribution of Hudy / Xray Products

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedgti

I get all my parts from Stormer Hobbies ...the pricing is good but not the best.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:05 PM   #8120
Tech Addict

Default distribution

You guys are jumping to conclusions. There is going to be a distributor that handles it. I am surprised it was not announced but lets just say that he is someone of note within Team Xray. I am sure he will do a better job then Serpent did.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:13 PM   #8121
Tech Adept

Wink

burch
stankulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #8122
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
there is no "official" conversion, so there are no instructions. You could use the factory team instructions. they will be pretty close. go to www.teamxray.com and download them. that would be the quickest way to resolve your problem
thanks man.
jackhammer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:27 PM   #8123
Tech Addict

Default Rear-end/handling question for Evo2

To keep the rear end from sliding out coming out of the turn, what would the steps to correct this action? I'm looking for steps, in progression, to correct the problem [what would I look to adjust or change first, and it that had no or ill effects, what would adjust or change next, so on and so on]?

^5s
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:35 PM   #8124
Tech Adept

Default Re: Distribution of Hudy / Xray Products

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedgti

Talbot's Hobbies in San Mateo (just a few miles down the peninsula from you) carries parts for the T1FK. You can also order them online at http://h1071209.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...e.asp?page=XRA
kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:36 PM   #8125
Tech Elite

Tom G,

check your camber link if you want more traction try the lower mounting position for more traction,camber adjust it also to neg. side to increae traction, rear toe in check also 2.5 .. thers many more try this maybe this will help..
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:42 PM   #8126

read the booklet and find what setup works best for you not someone else.
Zach P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:49 PM   #8127
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rice
Tom G,

check your camber link if you want more traction try the lower mounting position for more traction,camber adjust it also to neg. side to increae traction, rear toe in check also 2.5 .. thers many more try this maybe this will help..
Thanks. Just looking for suggestions since I went from -2degree toe to -1degree looking for less friction/more forward speed. I'm at -1degree camber but haven't really put the caliper to the foam tires to look for uneven wear yet.

My RR loves rear toe in -3degrees and front toe out, +2degrees. Coming from a brief stint in nitro, I was trying to avoid overdoing the toe in, and looking for alternatives.

Thanks for the time! ^5
Tom G
Old 07-28-2004, 06:53 PM   #8128
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Zach P
read the booklet and find what setup works best for you not someone else.
I know, I know. I'm looking for the easy way out, aren't I!

Seriously though, looking to see what others do and compare the thought process [and experience] behind it.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:15 PM   #8129
Tech Adept

kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:18 PM   #8130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the difference between 1 and 2 deg toe in is a lot on the xray. 1 degree does make the ray quite twitchy. josh and some of the xray boys only go to 1.5. so you may have too little toe in the rear. also at mike, i beleive that most are running between 2 and 2.5 camber in the rear. I have been using joshes carpet nats setup and i believe it is at 2. I am certainly not the fastest out at mike's. chekc with gary or larry or jeff. I believe that those guys are running close to 2 on camber as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Thanks. Just looking for suggestions since I went from -2degree toe to -1degree looking for less friction/more forward speed. I'm at -1degree camber but haven't really put the caliper to the foam tires to look for uneven wear yet.

My RR loves rear toe in -3degrees and front toe out, +2degrees. Coming from a brief stint in nitro, I was trying to avoid overdoing the toe in, and looking for alternatives.

Thanks for the time! ^5
Tom G

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote