R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-25-2004, 04:22 PM   #8056
Tech Addict

so is there any word on when we can expect to see the new option parts that are on the site?
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #8057
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got a T1-R and have a couple assembly questions (for now). First, should I build the shocks with the adjustable or standard pistons? Second, the car comes with a 48 pitch spur. Is there any reason NOT to change it to 64 pitch? I have always ran 64 and have tons of them - just trying to avoid buying new ones.
stumper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #8058
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oops...........
stumper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #8059
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by NVisible
exactly, And if you arent happy with your FK you can always send it to me. thx
You can send it to him, but postage sending it to me would be cheaper...

Sorry, I just had to jump in with two feet and a make the funny...hope you enjoyed the laugh and not offended.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:33 PM   #8060
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by stumper1
Oops...........
I would imagine using the adjustable shock option would give you easier tunning accessibility. Preference would dictate your choice. I like being able to loosen an end, pull, twist and re-attach.

There isn't a problem using a 64 pitch pinion or spur, it's a bit more precise to fine tune but on me, it's wasted.....I'll go faster if I just center my servo and stay off the @$^*#%& boards..not that I did that today or anything...

Good luck
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:59 PM   #8061
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

Quote:
Originally posted by stumper1
I just got a T1-R and have a couple assembly questions (for now). First, should I build the shocks with the adjustable or standard pistons? Second, the car comes with a 48 pitch spur. Is there any reason NOT to change it to 64 pitch? I have always ran 64 and have tons of them - just trying to avoid buying new ones.
The externally adjustable shock pistons is one of the nicest features on the car, cant see why you wouldnt want to use them.

no, I run 64 pitch
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:13 PM   #8062
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Safe SX
Don't get me wrong I have just purchased a factory kit impressed with the car the thing I am not impressed with the manufactures as they think we are ignorant people they put this new kit out as is the factory kit it has the old set up book that only deals with the pillowball setups it has the cheapness of a re-stickered EVO 2 box and the list goes on of all the little things they left out which other models come with.
They already made running changes as far the the packaging boxes for T1FK.. it`s all new blue color. Manual still the same, but for sure will be updated on the run as well.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:27 AM   #8063
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Hello,

I am afraid you really cannot do this. The reasn Josh Cyrul and the BMI chassis are able to do this is because the batteries on the left are not in the stock forward position. They are a little bit back. I am afraid to say for now you have to cut a slot to tape them in or buy the BMI special order split chassis.

Ray
Actually you can run the cells in the full forward position on the stock chassis. What you need is the six cell battery brace. This goes in the hole that is right next to the pivot holder when you use the short arms. To prevent the three cells in the forward position from moving put an extra pole in the middle (i.e. behind the rearmost cell.

Tony Vredenberg
Old 07-26-2004, 02:43 AM   #8064
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tonyv
Actually you can run the cells in the full forward position on the stock chassis. What you need is the six cell battery brace. This goes in the hole that is right next to the pivot holder when you use the short arms. To prevent the three cells in the forward position from moving put an extra pole in the middle (i.e. behind the rearmost cell.

Tony Vredenberg
Hi,

Does it means the those 3 forward batteries will sit higher from the chassis compared to the other 3 on the right rear?
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:08 AM   #8065
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i wonder if serpent usa is no longer going to sell xray parts to the public. and just be the imported and distributor of xray. I no longer see xray on their site.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:13 AM   #8066
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Thanks for clearing that-up!!

Ray
Quote:
Originally posted by tonyv

Tony Vredenberg
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #8067
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
i wonder if serpent usa is no longer going to sell xray parts to the public. and just be the imported and distributor of xray. I no longer see xray on their site.
I hope they don't sell xray parts anymore, they'd screw up your order half the time anyway.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #8068
Tech Adept

I seem to remember, not too many pages back, that someone posted about their belt flipping over on them during a run. This happened to me this weekend during my main and I was wondering if anyone can remember how to prevent it from happening again. I can't seem to find the solution. Note that I also am running my belts one step "looser" than the stock setting in 19T and stock.

Cheers.
kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:50 AM   #8069
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

well you could try a belt tensioner, but they say thats for modified racing, but if you run 19t maybe you can use it. I think you should go upone step tighter in stock racing they say, in the rear belts i believe.

They notchs on the rear bulkheads, if the manual they say to put it at the 3rd or 4th notch i believe, but most racers say in stock racing you should go up one step tighter.

Hope its not to confusing.

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:56 AM   #8070
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kaizen
I seem to remember, not too many pages back, that someone posted about their belt flipping over on them during a run. This happened to me this weekend during my main and I was wondering if anyone can remember how to prevent it from happening again. I can't seem to find the solution. Note that I also am running my belts one step "looser" than the stock setting in 19T and stock.

Cheers.
we had a guy at our track that had that happened to him. We found that the belt was too tight and that caused it to flip. I run stock and have the belt on the loosest setting and have not had it skip or flip. so maybe you have too much tension on the belt.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote