Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by XBeta
Neil,

Here's a picture of Glide 1's broken diff outdrive (he asked me to post it for him)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...0/Xraydiff.jpg

That must have been one hell of a crash. Looks like it was a faulty mold in the aluminum, or a hairline fracture that broke at the time of the crash.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello,

I am afraid you really cannot do this. The reasn Josh Cyrul and the BMI chassis are able to do this is because the batteries on the left are not in the stock forward position. They are a little bit back. I am afraid to say for now you have to cut a slot to tape them in or buy the BMI special order split chassis.

Ray

Originally posted by Da4head
Can anyone explain how to mount the batteries in the 3 cell front left position. Seems the hinge pin mount on the factory kit is in the way of the battery pin holder.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
question

i know that the XRay Shocks bind alittle on the car, is there anyway to prevent that? Like a part/hopup to stop the binding?
Old 07-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: question

Originally posted by JDXray
i know that the XRay Shocks bind alittle on the car, is there anyway to prevent that? Like a part/hopup to stop the binding?
Polish the shafts with auto body polish. Mount the pistons on the shafts. Chuck the piston/shaft assy in a dremel and gently polish the outside edges of the pistons until they don't bind in the shock body. Use a brillow pad for this. Don't overdo it or your shock action will be inconsistent. don't score the shaft when you chuck it either for obvious reasons.

Use associated green slime on the o-rings when you build them.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks sands, could i use ft tc3 shocks? what advantage would that give me? or disadvantages?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys...I've been contemplating buying this car but it seems to me that it needs a lot of hop ups. So far I've heard of these problems.

Suspention pieces too flexible- need aluminum knuckles and aluminum rear uprights. That's about $120 bucks right there. Some team drivers trying to stiffen up the arms also.

Aluminum wheel hubs flare and get stuck in the bearings- need spring steel wheel hubs. That's about $60 bucks.

A lot of people buying after market chassis already (not sure how much)

Now the shocks!! Oh, and an assortment set of springs is about $50 bucks! ouch!!

And sway bar kits $30 bucks for the front, $30 bucks for te rear. Xray should really include sway bars with the kit.

Anyway, I know the car is good, it just seems like a bit of a money pit to me.

This post is not meant to offend or start a war, I just want to know what Xray owners think
Old 07-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

The only "hopups" I've bought for my car are the springs and I'm as competitive as anyone else on an equipment level. You don't HAVE to have the spring steel hubs, or the BMI chasis, or anything else... Like anything in this hobby, most of it is a matter of personal preference.

Rob
Old 07-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

I am also thinking of getting an xray also. I found it online for 299, I cant wait.

If its as good as it looks I cant wait.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:33 AM
Suspended

Don't get me wrong I have just purchased a factory kit impressed with the car the thing I am not impressed with the manufactures as they think we are ignorant people they put this new kit out as is the factory kit it has the old set up book that only deals with the pillowball setups it has the cheapness of a re-stickered EVO 2 box and the list goes on of all the little things they left out which other models come with.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

I was looking on stormer hobbys site, someone mentioned it a couple of pages back for the spring steel axles to replace the front ones on my car as the others seem to have mis shaped a bit and i have had a few problems removing them before. I have an Evo 2 with all the FK options so i asume i would want part XRA305215, it says that they are unsuitable for Evo 2 but im guessing in my case this wouldnt be a problem. Can someone else confirm this?
Old 07-25-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JDXray
thanks sands, could i use ft tc3 shocks? what advantage would that give me? or disadvantages?
I think you can. Xrays are adustable, which is a kick @ss tuning option. You will be amazed as how easy it is to tune the car with them. They are worth the trouble to make them work right.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Safe SX
Don't get me wrong I have just purchased a factory kit impressed with the car the thing I am not impressed with the manufactures as they think we are ignorant people they put this new kit out as is the factory kit it has the old set up book that only deals with the pillowball setups it has the cheapness of a re-stickered EVO 2 box and the list goes on of all the little things they left out which other models come with.
You would be supprised at how expensive new graphics and manuals are to design and make. I'd rather have the money spent on the car then the box.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sands
You would be supprised at how expensive new graphics and manuals are to design and make. I'd rather have the money spent on the car then the box.
Good point.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Regarding the Evo2 FOC's setup book used in the Factory Kits... The information is still relevant. Adding more caster to a pivot ball car does the same thing as adding more caster to a c-hub car, you just do it in different ways. Same with droop/uptravel, camber, etc... I'm glad to have the reference, even if I have to actually "think" about how to apply it to the Factory Car.

Of course, some people will always find something to gripe about. If it's not the setupbook (which, incidentally, most car kits don't come with one that's as nice, if they come with one at all,) it will be the price, or the fact that there are only 0/3/6 degree c-hubs and not 2/4... If the fact that the setup book isn't specifically for the FK turns you away from the kit, then so be it.

Rob
Old 07-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

exactly, And if you arent happy with your FK you can always send it to me. thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.