R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2002, 02:25 PM   #766
Tech Regular

Buster
Is the new style servo saver available here in the U.S? I haven`t seen it on either the serpent or x-ray website. It looks like something worth trying.
saints1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 02:43 PM   #767
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Saints1115-

I got my acerman adjustable servo saver from Buster. Give him a call in the shop. He is probably there right now and I don't know if he has e-mail access from the store.

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 04:12 PM   #768
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

How much is the new saver? I never saw anything about it either.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:20 PM   #769
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Yes I do have them in stock, plenty of them. They include a stronger spring, and they also have a second set of holes in them to allow you to change the amount of ackerman effect.

I used to check email, and check up on these message boards from the shop, but I have not had the time to lately. So if you check my schedule on my site, and need to contact me during those hours it is better to call me directly.
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 05:13 PM   #770
Tech Elite

Buster-

You going to BB tomorrow?

Mike
Old 02-22-2002, 05:16 PM   #771
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Hey Mike, Nah, I can not make it down there. I have plans at Mimi's already.
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 08:35 PM   #772
Tech Elite

Buster-

That is cool. I am going to be down near Dumfries Tomorrow so I figured I would race there so that I don't have long trip back to my Father-In-Laws house after the race. When I get back from my trip in two-three weeks I will be up at Mimi's. I am hoping to get back before the EC Champ at Mimi's so I can race.

Talk to you later.

Mike
Old 02-23-2002, 01:31 AM   #773
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

I have a question about the new HQ bearings, what cleaner is recommended that will not eat at the plastic bearing cage?
Old 02-24-2002, 12:56 PM   #774
Tech Elite

First Race

Well things could have been a little better. I got to the track and was able to put 4 packs through the car before the Qualifiers but my car had a Tendancy to traction roll on the sweeper at the end of the straight. I was running 50Weight with 4 open all the way around Yellow Springs. I ended go to the White Springs in Rear and Yellow stayed up front. I still was lifting my right side tires when going into that turn and had to backoff the gas when entering the turn. I then adjusted the Front Pivot from (front) Lowest and (rear) highest to (front) middle and (rear) Highest. That helped a little but I still had to get off the gas entering the turn. During the Qualifer I got stuck with this one guy that would put everyone into the boards everytime you went to pass him. People were turning 46-48 laps but all 4 of us were turning 39-40 laps with him in our Qualifier. This one kid in my qual was very good and would usually turn 45-47 laps if this guy was not in our Qual. Second Qualifer I got put into the boards everytime on the first 10 Laps by this guy. I got so pissed that I actually tried to T-Bone him. I would come up on him and set myself up to nail him hard. I never would do that be he pissed me off. I ended up stopping after 12 laps becuase he broke another car and finally the little kid put him into the boards and he Broke. There was only 1 min left in the race so I didn't have time to have the marshall put my car back on the track. Unfortuantly the guy fixed his car in time for the 3rd qualifier and 10 laps into it myself and the little kid put a good hit on him at the same time and he broke. Unfortuantly the kid forgot to put his trasponder in and all four of us made 40 -43 laps to just get us into the B main. During all the qualifiers I was not putting any traction Compound on my tires. For the main I but 1/4 on the rear inside of the tire. That was a big mistake. During the Main I had to get off the Gas big time on the sweeper and on actually onto the front stretch. I had not had that problem before. I also found out after the race that somehow my radio was set to 25% steering. I don't know if someone was playing a joke or maybe I somehow did it. Anywas I placed 3rd in the B with those problems out of the 5. I was able to turn I think 45 laps. 1st (the little kid in my qualifier) turned 47 and second (the other guy in my qualifer) turned 45 but beat me by 1.1 seconds. Not to bad. My motors were not the best but I don't think that would have mattered because of the guy being in my main and having to get off the gas. GT4-Terror, (I think his name is Mark, not sure..sorry if I am wrong) showed up and told me to go to 30weight all around and I will have to try that for the East Coast Championship. Well enough talking. I have to clean my car and resoak the bearings. I did not remove the grease because I wanted to break them in with the grease so I am going to do that now in time for the EC Champs. Is there any way to clean the belts? I have the HP Belts and the buttoms use to be tan. They are now black from the tire dust.

Talk to you guys later.

Mike Webb
Old 02-24-2002, 04:17 PM   #775
Tech Rookie

On a brighter note, I finished 1st in A main stock last friday! Go xray go! I notice that if I limit how much steering I could get to about 80%, my car stays totally under control.
MULDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 11:38 PM   #776
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Two wins in the first two times out for my Xray, I'm very impressed with this car. I didn't TQ this week, missed it by 3/10 of a second (the third qualifier was a BLAST, Mike and I were within four feet of each other for the whole five minutes, we lapped the rest of the field twice)

I'm very happy with the way the car reacts to setup changes, it was easy to get the chassis working well today even though it was my first time at this track and the conditions were very different from what I've been seeing at Bruckners every week.

Any TC or 1/12 racers near Long Island, NY might want to check out South Shore Hobbies and Raceway in Patchogue, it was a great day of racing at a great facility.

Trips
Old 02-24-2002, 11:48 PM   #777
Tech Elite

Trips-

Are you running foam or rubber?

Buster-

Do you have a motor zapper for the magnets?

Talk to you guys when I get to Manila.

Mike Webb
Old 02-25-2002, 01:54 AM   #778
Tech Elite

We're running foams on carpet, we'll be back on rubber when outdoor season picks up. I'm really looking forward to running this car on asphalt...

Trips
Old 02-25-2002, 04:42 AM   #779
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Trips

Any TC or 1/12 racers near Long Island, NY might want to check out South Shore Hobbies and Raceway in Patchogue, it was a great day of racing at a great facility.

Trips
Last time I raced the east coast was at Chapel Hill RC, NC. I TQed but finished second. I took a turn wide and let one by.

Next time I go to the east coast I will get with you Trips. When I'm in New Jersey I will PM you from there.
Old 02-25-2002, 04:53 PM   #780
Tech Elite

Sounds great, I'll be looking forward to it.

Trips