Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Already been done. Me no like.
What are the differences between the two Neil? Still haven't tried the recommended castor config yet....
Old 06-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Heres my evo 2 with the factory kit bits The 7.1 and hitec reciever just fit in there, after using a large shoe horn
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-dscf0348.jpg  
Old 06-22-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Kennedy
What are the differences between the two Neil? Still haven't tried the recommended castor config yet....
Castor will give you on power steering. Taking that away will change the way your car will react to steering inputs. With zero kickup or anti-dive, the car will be very twitchy. The slightest input on the steering wheel the car will feel unstable. When you go with pro-dive, the car is so twitchy that it is extremely easy to lose control. Depending on the track conditions, the car may seem undriveable with the rear end coming around when you don't expect it to. Some people may compensate for side effects of the pro-dive, but then you are going further and further away from a comfortable setting, effectively tuning yourself out.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

New T1 Evo X-Ray

Just got a T1 evo X-Ray (Team Version) to build and is there a good set up that I can download to help me? Ive been running a XXX-S G+ so thats what Iam used to can any one give me some good tips? I run at 4 fun hobbies in Hesperia, so the track has great bite and real smooth.

Thanks Anyone who can Help.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

can a few people who post in here try to convince me as to why I should buy a Xray over any other tourer on the market... All the cars look so good, its just too hard to choose!

Thanks

Tim
Old 06-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

just go read the test in rc car action....enough said.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

just logged onto the RCCA webpage to see the latest article being the latest comparison for all the top tourers.

thanks heaps mate.

Tim
Old 06-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

actually the latest rc car action has a test on the factory team kit.....a seperate artical...they gave a great review.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Research

I talk to a lot of racers ( because there are so many cars out there) and most of them say if they were going to buy one car that they would buy a T-1. I just put one togather for a good freind and I was very IMPRESSED talk about of engineering and quality VERY VERY AWSOME. So Nice. So one fallowed me home Today. I ran my XXXS (wich I realy Like) today and spent $40.00 in part just running 6 batterys it seems like I spend that all the time.(Arms Hubs) My friend hasnt spent any $$$$$ on Parts and he is a hack like me. I'm Sold still would like so help on were I Can go for team set ups. or good set ups.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm jealous Eric...I think Canada Customs still has my magazine and they're reading it!!! my copy hasn't arrived yet

I did finally get in touch with my buddy though and received the one-way..as well as an assortment of parts from dr_huhfurrsadakjalkjf or however Blake spells it...

Joneser and dr_huhfurr are BOTH great guys and very helpful....I know it's not the trader feedback area here...but they're both very active in the Xray forum..and it's a pleasure to chat with them...

Thanks guys
Old 06-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Research

Originally posted by R.C.R.
I talk to a lot of racers ( because there are so many cars out there) and most of them say if they were going to buy one car that they would buy a T-1. I just put one togather for a good freind and I was very IMPRESSED talk about of engineering and quality VERY VERY AWSOME. So Nice. So one fallowed me home Today. I ran my XXXS (wich I realy Like) today and spent $40.00 in part just running 6 batterys it seems like I spend that all the time.(Arms Hubs) My friend hasnt spent any $$$$$ on Parts and he is a hack like me. I'm Sold still would like so help on were I Can go for team set ups. or good set ups.
HAHAHA I new you would buy that today!!! Good choice bro! You will love it! We will be back at the track in a couple days! yOU better have that baby ready!

Looks like Scott will be caring all the basic support parts for it. Check out this site for some good set-ups. The Reedy set-up is what i run at Scotts track minus a couple small changes.

Cyrul's Site
Old 06-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Old 06-22-2004, 10:54 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Castor will give you on power steering. Taking that away will change the way your car will react to steering inputs. With zero kickup or anti-dive, the car will be very twitchy. The slightest input on the steering wheel the car will feel unstable. When you go with pro-dive, the car is so twitchy that it is extremely easy to lose control. Depending on the track conditions, the car may seem undriveable with the rear end coming around when you don't expect it to. Some people may compensate for side effects of the pro-dive, but then you are going further and further away from a comfortable setting, effectively tuning yourself out.
Has anyone tried the 0-degree castor blocks that some of the team drivers have used lately?
Old 06-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KMW
Has anyone tried the 0-degree castor blocks that some of the team drivers have used lately?
0 blocks with zero kick up gives you plenty of turn in. Ralph and Josh were using them at the Reedy Race.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think they just used it to get enough steering with a spool up front (remember that one-ways were banned at the reedy race).
0° Caster with 0° kickup would be undriveable with a front one-way...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.