R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2004, 12:20 AM   #7501
Tech Addict
 
Kennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Already been done. Me no like.
What are the differences between the two Neil? Still haven't tried the recommended castor config yet....
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:24 AM   #7502
Tech Master
 
berger's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 1,149
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Heres my evo 2 with the factory kit bits The 7.1 and hitec reciever just fit in there, after using a large shoe horn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0348.jpg (137.6 KB, 239 views)
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:12 AM   #7503
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Kennedy
What are the differences between the two Neil? Still haven't tried the recommended castor config yet....
Castor will give you on power steering. Taking that away will change the way your car will react to steering inputs. With zero kickup or anti-dive, the car will be very twitchy. The slightest input on the steering wheel the car will feel unstable. When you go with pro-dive, the car is so twitchy that it is extremely easy to lose control. Depending on the track conditions, the car may seem undriveable with the rear end coming around when you don't expect it to. Some people may compensate for side effects of the pro-dive, but then you are going further and further away from a comfortable setting, effectively tuning yourself out.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 06:42 PM   #7504
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Victorville, Ca.
Posts: 125
New T1 Evo X-Ray

Just got a T1 evo X-Ray (Team Version) to build and is there a good set up that I can download to help me? Ive been running a XXX-S G+ so thats what Iam used to can any one give me some good tips? I run at 4 fun hobbies in Hesperia, so the track has great bite and real smooth.

Thanks Anyone who can Help.
R.C.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 06:46 PM   #7505
Tech Master
 
Timmy_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,193
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Timmy_G
Default

can a few people who post in here try to convince me as to why I should buy a Xray over any other tourer on the market... All the cars look so good, its just too hard to choose!

Thanks

Tim
__________________
Losi, JR Propo ,Spektrum, Novarossi, AT Racing Fuels
Timmy_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #7506
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 485
Default

just go read the test in rc car action....enough said.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:45 PM   #7507
Tech Master
 
Timmy_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,193
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Timmy_G
Default

just logged onto the RCCA webpage to see the latest article being the latest comparison for all the top tourers.

thanks heaps mate.

Tim
__________________
Losi, JR Propo ,Spektrum, Novarossi, AT Racing Fuels
Timmy_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:00 PM   #7508
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 485
Default

actually the latest rc car action has a test on the factory team kit.....a seperate artical...they gave a great review.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:16 PM   #7509
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Victorville, Ca.
Posts: 125
Thumbs up Research

I talk to a lot of racers ( because there are so many cars out there) and most of them say if they were going to buy one car that they would buy a T-1. I just put one togather for a good freind and I was very IMPRESSED talk about of engineering and quality VERY VERY AWSOME. So Nice. So one fallowed me home Today. I ran my XXXS (wich I realy Like) today and spent $40.00 in part just running 6 batterys it seems like I spend that all the time.(Arms Hubs) My friend hasnt spent any $$$$$ on Parts and he is a hack like me. I'm Sold still would like so help on were I Can go for team set ups. or good set ups.
R.C.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:18 PM   #7510
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I'm jealous Eric...I think Canada Customs still has my magazine and they're reading it!!! my copy hasn't arrived yet

I did finally get in touch with my buddy though and received the one-way..as well as an assortment of parts from dr_huhfurrsadakjalkjf or however Blake spells it...

Joneser and dr_huhfurr are BOTH great guys and very helpful....I know it's not the trader feedback area here...but they're both very active in the Xray forum..and it's a pleasure to chat with them...

Thanks guys
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:46 PM   #7511
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Built By The Racers For The Racers. Corona CA
Posts: 1,307
Default Re: Research

Quote:
Originally posted by R.C.R.
I talk to a lot of racers ( because there are so many cars out there) and most of them say if they were going to buy one car that they would buy a T-1. I just put one togather for a good freind and I was very IMPRESSED talk about of engineering and quality VERY VERY AWSOME. So Nice. So one fallowed me home Today. I ran my XXXS (wich I realy Like) today and spent $40.00 in part just running 6 batterys it seems like I spend that all the time.(Arms Hubs) My friend hasnt spent any $$$$$ on Parts and he is a hack like me. I'm Sold still would like so help on were I Can go for team set ups. or good set ups.
HAHAHA I new you would buy that today!!! Good choice bro! You will love it! We will be back at the track in a couple days! yOU better have that baby ready!

Looks like Scott will be caring all the basic support parts for it. Check out this site for some good set-ups. The Reedy set-up is what i run at Scotts track minus a couple small changes.

Cyrul's Site
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:00 PM   #7512
Tech Adept
 
sikgraffx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glendora, Ca
Posts: 156
Default

sikgraffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:54 PM   #7513
KMW
Tech Regular
 
KMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Castor will give you on power steering. Taking that away will change the way your car will react to steering inputs. With zero kickup or anti-dive, the car will be very twitchy. The slightest input on the steering wheel the car will feel unstable. When you go with pro-dive, the car is so twitchy that it is extremely easy to lose control. Depending on the track conditions, the car may seem undriveable with the rear end coming around when you don't expect it to. Some people may compensate for side effects of the pro-dive, but then you are going further and further away from a comfortable setting, effectively tuning yourself out.
Has anyone tried the 0-degree castor blocks that some of the team drivers have used lately?
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:11 AM   #7514
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KMW
Has anyone tried the 0-degree castor blocks that some of the team drivers have used lately?
0 blocks with zero kick up gives you plenty of turn in. Ralph and Josh were using them at the Reedy Race.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:19 AM   #7515
Tech Apprentice
 
Manfredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vienna/Austria
Posts: 83
Default

I think they just used it to get enough steering with a spool up front (remember that one-ways were banned at the reedy race).
0 Caster with 0 kickup would be undriveable with a front one-way...
Manfredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:04 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net