R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #7426
Tech Addict

So does this guy sell them. I would love to have some aluminum ones that wont bend. Not necessarily to run all the time but for big races where you dont want a DNF.

EVAA...I was not directing the bulk comment towards you...might have misinterpreted.

Shocks....the guy that can build these the best I have seen is Pucho who works on Alex's car. Maybe he will see this and explain for you.
Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
one of the guys that runs at our track is a machines for a gov't contractor. He mills c-hubs out of the stiffest alum that the gov't can buy. These are indestructable. I have bent a few of the xray versions, but still have a true 6 degree after 4 months on carpet and 2x4's with his custom milled ones. He looked at xray design and made a few changes that also help.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:58 AM   #7427
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Joneser

EVAA...I was not directing the bulk comment towards you...might have misinterpreted.

JONESER: im sorry bout that, nwei, i didnt mean to offend you in anyway, neither was i saying that what ur selling is expensive, just thought out loud, well obviously, i inadvertently typed it on my keyboard . sorry bout that again. but for the record, those bulkheads are cheap, coz the LHS sells the FOC bulkheads at a higher price than what ur selling the FK ones. just wished i had more resources to move around right now so i can get them.

peace and happy racing.
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 05:44 AM   #7428
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to momotalo

hi guys, i'm a new users of xray, yesterday , i just got my new T1 FK,
can you give me any suggestion about the setting of this car?
thank
once again, which better , use C- hub or pivot ball?
thank
momotalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 05:48 AM   #7429
Tech Addict

EVAA.....no problem at all...not offended, I just did not want you to think I was trying to pedal stuff off on you.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:10 AM   #7430
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by momotalo
thank
thank
Ermm .. the last time i check, there isnt any Pivot Ball suspension on the car .. only C Hub ...
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:49 AM   #7431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Joneser
So does this guy sell them. I would love to have some aluminum ones that wont bend. Not necessarily to run all the time but for big races where you dont want a DNF.

Shocks....the guy that can build these the best I have seen is Pucho who works on Alex's car. Maybe he will see this and explain for you.
yeah, he is selling them, but he sells them for what xray wants. Though they are better then the oem xray one. I can get you a set. I beleive like $60 a pair. just let me know 0,3,6 degree.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:51 AM   #7432
Tech Elite

Quote:
thank
thank
your factory kit only comes with c hubs. and as far as setting, what will you be running foam\rubber, carpet\concrete\asphalt?

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 06-16-2004, 06:53 AM   #7433
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My understanding was that the pivot ball was extremely durable and easy to adjust, but the C-hub was easier to setup and was more responsive..and while it isn't quite as durable as the pivot ball susupension it is still more durable than the majority of the kits on the market.

The evolution of the suspension as I understand it is as follows:
T1 - Pivot ball - turns and holds corner speed like mad!!
Evo2 - PB - See above
Evo2 FOC - PB/C-hub - gives a choice for personal preference - C-hub found to be easier to setup and actually holds even more corner speed than PB!
Factoroy - C-hub+short arms - maintains speed and turns like nothing anyone has ever seen before

People will complain that Xray releases a car every year as opposed to the TC3 and others which quietly make changes to the parts inside the box without any major fuss. Keep in mind though...that most of the Factory kit parts will work on a T1 and vice versa (the exception being that you can't mount PB suspension on a FK since the mounting points have been machined off to lighten it)...and an *old* T1 will still outhandle and out-accelerate most of the TC's it will come up against.

Enjoy your Xray, and rest assured that with the Factory kit you're at the pinnacle of touring car technology (I'm jealous actually...I'm running a T1 and an Evo2 with C-hub and long arms)
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:58 AM   #7434
Tech Elite

Well said.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:35 PM   #7435
Tech Elite

oops

Old 06-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #7436
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
thank
thank
congratulations on a very good purchase.

i beleive u cant use pivot balls on the FK, the primary reason being the bulkheads, well anyway, for the front that is. for the rear, u can use the pivot balls, but u would have to convert to long arms. Thus, u defeat the purpose of buying the FK. If you wanted to pivot ball, u should have gone with with the FOC.

well, im open to a trade

JONESER: tanx for clearing that up. with that behind us, lets go racing.

Last edited by evaa; 06-16-2004 at 08:13 PM.
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:06 PM   #7437
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know how much the aluminum shock bodies cost. Also, are they worth the money.
magerz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #7438
Tech Addict

Default factory kit bulkheads

Guys...I have a set of brand new unused factory kit bulkheads that a deal fell through on. 95.00 shipped anywhere in the USA.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:44 PM   #7439
Tech Elite

Everyone, that's a deal for bulkheads that aren't even available unless you buy a factory kit. Grab it when the opportunity is there.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:52 PM   #7440
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what Part # shocks the new Factory kit comes with......and are they the same size from front to rear..........thanks........Joe B

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote