R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2004, 09:22 PM   #7366
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

evaa-Many Xray drivers at least indoors are experimenting with running batteries a lot further forward. Also at Snowbirds I saw custom cut pieces of sheet lead or steel that were attached over the entire front of the cars chassis for ballast. Most of the weight as under the front axle line.

So I would experiemnt with running it up front first and as centered as possible.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #7367
Tech Fanatic
 
evaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: south of metro manila
Posts: 963
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

ok, i'll do that. why are they putting weights in front? for more steering?
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:29 PM   #7368
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FT Washington
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Greg / Swanson or anyone ......

I need a Setup for the FT Xray for a parking lot track with foam tires.. Its a low grip Mid size parking lot track.. Can you post or Pm me setups PLEASE need it for this weekend...

Thanks Guys
John Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:32 PM   #7369
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

You might have a difficult time finding a setup with foams on the tarmac unless you are talking about carpet. Asphalt usually means rubber.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #7370
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 199
Default How much better.....

How much better, if any, is the T1 FK than the T1R for carpet racing and any racing in general, under the control of a driver with not a lot of experience who will eventually learn the ropes? The T1R fits the budget better, and looks to be solid, but all I hear about on here is the FK. But it seems like the T1R would be easier to set up, although the FK has all the hop ups. So, you can see I'm lost.

Anyone want to help?
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #7371
Tech Elite
 
AdR|aN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia. Land of Peace.
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default Re: How much better.....

Quote:
Originally posted by aviaar
How much better, if any, is the T1 FK than the T1R for carpet racing and any racing in general, under the control of a driver with not a lot of experience who will eventually learn the ropes? The T1R fits the budget better, and looks to be solid, but all I hear about on here is the FK. But it seems like the T1R would be easier to set up, although the FK has all the hop ups. So, you can see I'm lost.

Anyone want to help?
It boils down to how you look at both cars.
You will never go wrong with both cars.
As the T1FK is a newer version with short arms, ligthened stuff, low ratio pulleys and etc. , you do have a slight advantage over the T1R (Just my opinion).

On a technical point of view, both cars are easy to set up if you know what your fiddling with.

If budget permits, get the T1FK.

Just my 0.02
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:08 AM   #7372
Tech Elite
 
AdR|aN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia. Land of Peace.
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default Re: Greg / Swanson or anyone ......

Quote:
Originally posted by John Q
I need a Setup for the FT Xray for a parking lot track with foam tires.. Its a low grip Mid size parking lot track.. Can you post or Pm me setups PLEASE need it for this weekend...

Thanks Guys
Used to stock setting to start.
I personnally use 26mm (35 shore) foams for front and rear (Power from GRP).
If your using front ONE-WAY, i would advice you to change it to a diff for the front.
Increase your wheel base to the max.
You might face some oversteering.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:19 AM   #7373
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

In case anyone notice, the T1FK newer production batch has different packaging front cover. Old one as having to describe completely what the new features on its. I`m wondering if there are other improvement (running changes) on this new packaging. Thank for any info.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #7374
Tech Elite
 
rough512's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,454
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
evaa-Many Xray drivers at least indoors are experimenting with running batteries a lot further forward. Also at Snowbirds I saw custom cut pieces of sheet lead or steel that were attached over the entire front of the cars chassis for ballast. Most of the weight as under the front axle line.
Ray
That reminds me of a picture of Surikarn's 414 I saw somewhere. An aluminum plate (a guess, it looks like aluminum) is glued to servo area. The aluminum plate spans from edge of the chassis to the other side. I'm thinking its also for ballast.
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:55 AM   #7375
Tech Master
 
xray racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 1,570
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

hey everyone,
i need some help with setup

i run the original T1 with BMI chassis

at the moment my setup is as follows:

serpent red springs alround
40 shore fast tyres
3.5 degree camber
5 mm ride height
standard holes for shocks ( middle upper front lower outter ; middle upper rear inside lower)
3 deg anti-dive,
0 deg rear anti squat
2mm clip infront of fornt arm for caster
1mm front droop
4mm rear


i run on a high bite asphalt track that is fairly flowing and open with the exception of a tigher chicane

i just cant seem to get my car fast enough through the corners.... i no its the old car but still.... and i am STILL getting a touch of coning on the outside of the tyres even with 3.5 deg camber and the stiffest springs i have

what can i do to reduce body roll?? i no i can get sway bars but i dont wanna spend any more money on the car until i get the FK

can some one give me some tips as to how to reduce body roll and get the car faster through the corners PLEASE?>

thanx
robbie
__________________
Robbie Lloyd

Yokomo * HobbyWing * Sanwa
xray racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:00 AM   #7376
Tech Elite
 
AdR|aN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia. Land of Peace.
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default

Try using higher weight shock oil.
Or you can try using less holes in the shock absorbers.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:56 AM   #7377
Tech Regular
 
Robfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sheffield, England
Posts: 288
Default

Try using the higher roll centre positions for mounting the wishbones and less rear droop.
Robfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #7378
Tech Fanatic
 
glide 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Posts: 760
Default quick question...

I'de like to know what size spur you all are running (48p) for mod motors. 96t is about the biggest i can get locally and although i have'nt tried yet, i'm thinking it is still not big enough if i use 9t mods and below. I'm trying to get 9.5 fdr on a 9t. any help would be appreciated, thanks
glide 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #7379
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xray racer
hey everyone,
i need some help with setup

i run the original T1 with BMI chassis

at the moment my setup is as follows:

serpent red springs alround
40 shore fast tyres
3.5 degree camber
5 mm ride height
standard holes for shocks ( middle upper front lower outter ; middle upper rear inside lower)
3 deg anti-dive,
0 deg rear anti squat
2mm clip infront of fornt arm for caster
1mm front droop
4mm rear


i run on a high bite asphalt track that is fairly flowing and open with the exception of a tigher chicane

i just cant seem to get my car fast enough through the corners.... i no its the old car but still.... and i am STILL getting a touch of coning on the outside of the tyres even with 3.5 deg camber and the stiffest springs i have

what can i do to reduce body roll?? i no i can get sway bars but i dont wanna spend any more money on the car until i get the FK

can some one give me some tips as to how to reduce body roll and get the car faster through the corners PLEASE?>

thanx
robbie
Change your shock towers to more current ones, and the arms to short arms, and go to C-Hubs. The car will have less body roll, better transitioning, and faster cornering.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:29 AM   #7380
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default Re: quick question...

Quote:
Originally posted by glide 1
I'de like to know what size spur you all are running (48p) for mod motors. 96t is about the biggest i can get locally and although i have'nt tried yet, i'm thinking it is still not big enough if i use 9t mods and below. I'm trying to get 9.5 fdr on a 9t. any help would be appreciated, thanks
Which car do you have? Do you have the low ratio pulleys?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:36 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net