R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-09-2004, 11:21 PM   #7321
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Mackem
I have a question relating to droop that may have been asked before. The setup book that came with the FOC edition recommends droop settings for the pillow ball setup. Should this change for the C hub suspension and are the droop settings different if you use short arms?
the set-up book that comes with an xray kit gives instructions on how to set-up the droop on pillow ball equipped xrays. i think the stock setting is 2 in front and 5 or 6 in the rear.

with the c hub long arm suspension its 1 in front and 2 in the rear

with the c hub short arms i think its 2 in front and 5 or 6 in the rear.

hope this helps, anyway, to be sure check out the xray website and check out the downloads area.
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:15 AM   #7322
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by rough512
Hi, I'm still running the PB suspension on the first T1. I'm contemplating on converting to the short-arm C Hub suspension too but due to the cost involved, I plan to convert in stages. Our LHS don't have the conversion kit (somebody mentioned it here).

I plan to convert first the front end. From PB to the short arm C hub. Rear will remain on PB for the meantime. What kind of improvement can I expect?

I really appreciate the steering the PB + one way I currently have. I still doubt that it can get better still but I want to try anyway. This is the only car I've driven which responds to minute steering corrections into the corners. If the Chubs can improve on that then convert I will. I already have the front shock tower for the C-hub conversion as well as the oneway, 1.77 ratio pulleys, solid layshaft.

If I do convert totally to short arms, how (scale of 1-10, 10 being that of the FK) will my old T1 compare with the FK?

Hi Mr Rough.
I am driving a EVO2 FOC.
Initially i installed a PB suspension on the car.
It was great. The corner speed was fantastic. One of the best handle EP car i have drive.
Then i installed the C Hub that comes with the car. I installed it on the front first. Steering response increase tremendously. Was even happier.
Then i installed the rear C Hub and i jaw drop at the way the car handle. Each changes i manage to make about 0.5 secs off a lap.

Now i too plan to convert to the short arm.
U wont get a FK performance just by change arms but you will be close. Of cos bearing would beed some servicing or change to get the smoothness the FK can give you.

AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:38 AM   #7323
Tech Regular

Hi everyone,

I have a FK buth on some tracks the chassis is not working that well.

I was wondering if it is possible to use a T1 R chassis plate instead of my standard plate?

Thus anyone know this?

Thamk you in advance!
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:02 AM   #7324
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to use a T1 R chassis plate instead of my standard plate?

Thus anyone know this?

Thamk you in advance!
Yes. You are able to use the composite T1R chassis.
But you need the composite battery brace too.
This is because all Xray cars are built on the same foundation.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #7325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
Hi everyone,

Thus anyone know this?

Thamk you in advance!
The plastic tub will fit the FK. Just make sure you check and recheck your settings (ie droop) due to the thickness being different between the plastic tub and the graphite plate.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:33 AM   #7326
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Neil-thanks for ideas on mid-roll center. Turns out one of our local guys (Joneser)used MRC on carpet/foam tires last night and just flat out ripped up the carpet. Fastest lap in the Main and second fastest lap in qualifying, but by less than a 0.1!!!

I think the mid-roll position is closer to most other dominant cars (XXXS, TC3) on carpet.
I cannot wait to get my FK bulkheads and lt. weight diff and layshaft!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:41 AM   #7327
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Neil-thanks for ideas on mid-roll center. Turns out one of our local guys (Joneser)used MRC on carpet/foam tires last night and just flat out ripped up the carpet. Fastest lap in the Main and second fastest lap in qualifying, but by less than a 0.1!!!
Hopefully the FK bulkheads will be available as separate parts. Those bulkheads are key to better handling.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:47 AM   #7328
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Hopefully the FK bulkheads will be available as separate parts. Those bulkheads are key to better handling.
I believe they are available already-but a buddy and I are buying a FK kit for spare parts and I am buying the parts that are unique to the FK for my hybrid BMI XRay EVo2 FOC, FK, blah-blah, blah ride!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 09:52 AM   #7329
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

bulkhead are not yet available. They have not showed up on any of the shipments tto serpent yet.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #7330
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

We order direct from them and I checked on it a few weeks ago for a customer and they said they were available.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:47 AM   #7331
Tech Champion

I gott admit I am a bit confused by the springs on the Xray though.
Heres my questions:

Dk Blue 1.7 = Purple 1.7 Which are stiffer?

I thought I had VIolet springs which are 1.6, but now I think I must have Lt. Purple 1.8 as they are stiffer than Dk. Blue by quite a bit.
Oh-well-poor-poor me!!

Once I buy them all-the confusion will be over. The I will be able to compress them by hand and feel which are stiffer.
EDIT Hmmm seems theres some discrepency on Xray's site and Ashford's price lists as to wire gauge.[/b]

I guess the real problem I face is I am not sure if I own Violet or lt. Purple or if I own Dk. BLue or Blue springs--aaarrggghhhFind out when my order arrives next week!!

Last edited by rayhuang; 06-10-2004 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #7332
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by promatchrcr
We order direct from them and I checked on it a few weeks ago for a customer and they said they were available.
i order direct from serpent as well and have had 4 sets on back order since the fk was made available. and I call them about once a week.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 06-10-2004, 12:33 PM   #7333
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
I gott admit I am a bit confused by the springs on the Xray though.
Heres my questions:

Dk Blue 1.7 = Purple 1.7 Which are stiffer?

I thought I had VIolet springs which are 1.6, but now I think I must have Lt. Purple 1.8 as they are stiffer than Dk. Blue by quite a bit.
Oh-well-poor-poor me!!

Once I buy them all-the confusion will be over. The I will be able to compress them by hand and feel which are stiffer.
EDIT Hmmm seems theres some discrepency on Xray's site and Ashford's price lists as to wire gauge.

I guess the real problem I face is I am not sure if I own Violet or lt. Purple or if I own Dk. BLue or Blue springs--aaarrggghhhFind out when my order arrives next week!! [/B]
I haven't memorized the spring rate charts. It's good to have one in times like this.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #7334
Tech Elite

this may help you ray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xrayspringsall.jpg (102.8 KB, 181 views)

Old 06-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #7335
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
this may help you ray.
Ahhh-looks like I have Blue, Violet, Purple and Red.

Thanks Yang. If I buy the wrong ones-I will have some for sale

Ray