R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2004, 05:59 AM   #7126
Tech Addict

Does anyone know where I can find some good setups for the T1 with pivot ball suspension?

Large outdoor asphalt track. Rubber tires. 12 Turn motor limit.

Car lacks steering througout the turn with my current setup so I'm looking for some ideas...
Old 05-26-2004, 08:37 AM   #7127
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

Quote:
Originally posted by OleC
Does anyone know where I can find some good setups for the T1 with pivot ball suspension?

Car lacks steering througout the turn with my current setup so I'm looking for some ideas...
www.mytsn.com has tons of setups for the xray pivot ball, c-hub whatever
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:50 AM   #7128
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryPryor
[B]

P-Dub Racing will also be releasing the very sought after team replica racing chassis for the new T1 Factory Kit. The chassis will be 3mm thick with the same exact battery placement as the team chassis [url]

Larry,
Will the chassis be a direct replacement for T1R owners, are additional parts needed for T1R parts to fit the chassis mentioned above.....?
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #7129
Tech Initiate

Hey everyone, I am going to buy the new factory kit to replace my SD. i just want to know what are the spare parts i should order. what parts are all of you breaking or bending. thanks.
magerz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:20 AM   #7130
Tech Elite

Nothing breaks unless you purposefully go head onto the barrier.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:21 AM   #7131
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Very True, If want get yoruself extra C-hub and Bumper braces adn you should be fine.
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #7132
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

I know its hard to believe but the xray is rock solid, just drive the wheels off of it.
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:37 AM   #7133
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to LarryPryor

Quote:
Originally posted by vadn1
Larry,
Will the chassis be a direct replacement for T1R owners, are additional parts needed for T1R parts to fit the chassis mentioned above.....?
The chassis will be a direct replacement. No extra parts will be needed and it will come with a top-plate to match.

Well off the the Texas Biggie Nitro race!!!
LarryPryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:47 PM   #7134
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:

im using pivot ball right now in an asphalt track, though i beleive track temp here is a lot higher, its in the 60s F here in manila. i installed a one way and now my car handles perfectly, although i bought parts for the short arm conversion, i'll still stick with the pivot ball until i feel the need to change to the other suspension set-ups. aside from the one way, i runt he car with the stock set-up and it rocks.

hope this helps.
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:26 PM   #7135
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Old 05-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #7136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

the durability of the xray is one of the reasons its such a good car
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:49 PM   #7137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:

The first 200 posts of this thread should containg a good setup for PB. You can also go to TSN and download some of the very early setups for the T1.

I'm using PB myself. I run with a one way. Very good steering plus tank-like durability. No worry about losing kingpins. People say I'll get even better response with the C-Hub suspension, but I'll wait until Evaa here will convert his first.

My setup

Servo saver : use the inner two holes. The resulting ackerman angle contributes greatly to steering.
Zero Kickup :
Eccentric upper arm position : Front holders upper hole / Rear Holder middle hole position.
One way diff:
Caster clip: 3mm front of upper arm
Caster : -1* (front leans towards the chassis)
Orange spring
UpperShock position : middle hole on the original T1 front shock tower.
Lower Shock position : outer hole on the PB arm.

When I first acquired my T1 with front ball diff, I also felt lack of steering. So I sold it and the buyer hopped it up, went broke and sold it back to me with one ways, 1.77 pulleys, Ti screws and Solid center shaft.

The box setup with 3* kickup results to very good initial steering but lacks mid and exit steering. The reactive caster actually puts the caster closer to vertical on compression, affecting camber and contact patch, resulting to loss of traction. The pushes on mid corner and I have to cut back on throttle.

I reversed the setup such that on midcorner, the caster actually increases (leans towards the rear of the car) upon compression. This induces more negative camber and better contact patch on mid and exit. The front is sprung soft to allow the caster to react. I use the orange short spings.
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:02 PM   #7138
Tech Fanatic

ROUGH: WHEW, HOW THOROUGH. WASNT ABLE TO CONVERT TO C-HUBS LAST NIGHT, OVERLOOKED THE FACT THAT I NEED THE CLOSED ARMS MOUNTS

guys, here's another question:

i was using the hudy set-up system last night when i encountered some difficulty in setting the front toe on my FOC. i noticed that the readings i was getting were not very accurate coz there was some play in the wheels, if you pull and push the wheels, a different toe would result. i also noticed taht there was some play in my servo saver, is this normal?

tanx
Old 05-26-2004, 09:04 PM   #7139
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by evaa
. i also noticed taht there was some play in my servo saver, is this normal?

tanx
Nope I dont think. I have no servo on my car and by holding the tires the Servo saver dont move a bit.
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:11 PM   #7140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Try reading the first 100 posts in this thread. The PB suspension is good. Then the C-Hub conversion came and everybody converted theirs because it was supposed to be lighter and more responsive. Then they started reporting broken this and brocken that. So when the aluminum parts came out, they went that way too...

Makes me wonder if any benefit is gained in the weight dept because those aluminum parts should be just as heavy (if not heavier) as the PB suspension itself.

THe short arms are a different matter of course.
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote