Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

damn... Well i have faith
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #7007
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Why? The car's fricken awesome and works extremely well with belt drive. With all the wins Xray has had this past carpet season, is there really any reason to work on new car? I'd bet they keep developing the current design.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:15 PM   #7008
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian McGreevy
Why? The car's fricken awesome and works extremely well with belt drive. With all the wins Xray has had this past carpet season, is there really any reason to work on new car? I'd bet they keep developing the current design.
True But, The people who own tc3 say thing... "Why fix if it ain broken".
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #7009
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian McGreevy
Unfortunately, those guys at the carpet nats were NOT using off the shelf chassis. They were 3.5mm thick compared to the 2.5 of the standard chassis which makes it stiffer which is ideal for carpet. Hopefully, the next model will have the thicker chassis and alu suspension bits included as well as the spring steel axle for the front.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:23 PM   #7010
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
What is the best Diff Lube to use on the Xray Diffs? Also the Thrust grease too. I have some trinity Joe Johnson Slippage Diff lube, Should i use that or buy a new lube?
Associated stealth diff lube works well on any car. It goes the same for the black grease for the thrust bearing.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #7011
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenshin
Unfortunately, those guys at the carpet nats were NOT using off the shelf chassis. They were 3.5mm thick compared to the 2.5 of the standard chassis which makes it stiffer which is ideal for carpet. Hopefully, the next model will have the thicker chassis and alu suspension bits included as well as the spring steel axle for the front.
Yea but a 3mm Chassis I bet will be out as an option sometime soon.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:33 PM   #7012
Tech Adept

i'm not married to any car...but for now XRAY all the way !
RC4SALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:36 PM   #7013
Tech Elite

1 Question for you Long time Xray Owners
Is a evoII with solid Topdeck, Short arms, Long arms, and the ALum C-hub and Alum knuckles front and rear. For 170$ alot?
Old 05-15-2004, 03:53 PM   #7014
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

i dont think so, considering that the kit itself is 330, and then add on all those hop ups. (alum c-hub and knuckles) Sounds good to me.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:55 PM   #7015
Tech Master

If the bearings are not shot, the aluminum bits not scratched up and bent, the CF and plastic parts not cracked, then it is an okay deal. From your sig, you are a BMI Team driver(?), so it would not be hard to get replacement for the chassis and towers anyway. If I was a BMI driver, I will get a T1R for less than $200, slap on the Titanium chassis, nice.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:58 PM   #7016
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
If the bearings are not shot, the aluminum bits not scratched up and bent, the CF and plastic parts not cracked, then it is an okay deal. From your sig, you are a BMI Team driver(?), so it would not be hard to get replacement for the chassis and towers anyway. If I was a BMI driver, I will get a T1R for less than $200, slap on the Titanium chassis, nice.
yea, t1r's can go as low as $150 on ebay .

Do I really need the Bulkheads??? In the future i plan buying them maybe 3-4 months before the Snowbirds.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:45 PM   #7017
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Anyone Know?

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
I don't see Xray making a new Car anytime soon Like Tamiya.
X-Ray have released a new car every year for the last 3 years. They are banking on people wanting to upgrade their car to the latest features on a regular basis. Tamiya do exactly the same thing as it is a good marketing policy.

I would assume the next car is already in the design phase and will be released some time early 2005 to keep the cycle of annual car releases going. Have no idea whether it will be belt or shaft drive but would be very surprised if we do not see a new X-Ray next year.
oldnwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:57 PM   #7018
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

True....

but Xray has evolved their design...they don't ditch it and start anew....

other companies discard old designs whereas Xray seems to tweak the current design in order to squeeze more out of it.

Parts interchangeability(I don't know if that's a true word...but it fits) is among the best in RC....

and the 'old, outdated' kits are still more competitive than the majority of the current offerings from the competition
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:31 AM   #7019
Wap
Tech Adept

hey guys, just built my x-ray. I'm sorry if these questions been ask b/f, but here goes:

i notice that it has the normal steering blocks and not the serpent steering blocks. Should i have received them

Also what is the purpose of filing down the slots where the bat. goes?

I notice that my rear wheels are hitting the bottom of the shocks. These foam wheels came off my TC3 and i'm not sure what they are. Is this a common problem and should i use spacers or maybe i should try different wheels

thanks wap
Wap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:48 AM   #7020
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Wap
hey guys, just built my x-ray. I'm sorry if these questions been ask b/f, but here goes:

i notice that it has the normal steering blocks and not the serpent steering blocks. Should i have received them

Also what is the purpose of filing down the slots where the bat. goes?

I notice that my rear wheels are hitting the bottom of the shocks. These foam wheels came off my TC3 and i'm not sure what they are. Is this a common problem and should i use spacers or maybe i should try different wheels

thanks wap
yea, put some spacers so it will stop touching or go smaller on tire. The purpose of filling batts are for them to sit lower.