R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-20-2004, 10:52 PM   #6826
Tech Regular

Default FT - Rear Camber LInk mounts

Hey there all

FT has just arrived and I'm diving in to build.

Looking at the new camber link positions on the rear shock tower...how does one utilise either of them as opposed to the original mounting point on the rear bulkhead.

AND....is the alu roll centre bridge (which I have from my EVO 2) worth fitting to the FT? Looking at the shorter arms and the movement further out on the rear shock tower as opposed to inwards.....I'm not sure.

Cheers

Andy
wrxmy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:54 PM   #6827
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Quote:
Originally posted by scmicromike
yeah that is what I figured. the last rebuild I must have done something wrong. because the collars in the rear where all the way to the top and my car was no lowwer then 5.5mm ride height. I had no adjustability. it realy pissed me off. could there be something else that is wrong? I checked for tweek and the car was not tweeked. I am lost here
Scmicromike,

Did you find the problem to your 5.5 ride height issue? I had the same thing happen to a friend of mine and his problem was that the spring perches in the rear were not sitting on the shock correct. You have to make sure they are all of the way to the bottom of the shock. I hope this helps.
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:08 PM   #6828
Tech Elite

I had the same issue on my factory team kit. I just made sure that the lower spring retainer was sitting all the way down. That fixed the problem.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:27 PM   #6829
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this past week-end i was back at the track to try some set-up change for solving my problem (push)..

i have change the piston in the shock....i was running 3 in front and 4 on rear..now i m running #2 all around with 30wt trinity oil....after this change i notice a big improve on my car...i have really much more steering...but i feel that i should have a little bit more with no problem..

my second change was i take out the front sway bar...after that my car was close to be perfect...i have plenty of steering and the rear end is planted on the track...

this day i don t have notice any chassis tweak problem.....even after some big hit with slow car on the track...

now i really like my XRAY FK!!

Pace
Pace72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:36 AM   #6830
Tech Addict

Default Re: FT - Rear Camber LInk mounts

Quote:
Originally posted by wrxmy99
Hey there all

FT has just arrived and I'm diving in to build.

Looking at the new camber link positions on the rear shock tower...how does one utilise either of them as opposed to the original mounting point on the rear bulkhead.

AND....is the alu roll centre bridge (which I have from my EVO 2) worth fitting to the FT? Looking at the shorter arms and the movement further out on the rear shock tower as opposed to inwards.....I'm not sure.

Cheers

Andy
Some have used a short standoff to mount them. Need to use a pivot ball with a screw through it rather then the dumbbell thingy. Or you could get the roll center bridge, cut it in half, then swing it out to shorten the links.

Last edited by sands; 04-21-2004 at 11:25 AM.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:50 AM   #6831
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by picco007
Scmicromike,

Did you find the problem to your 5.5 ride height issue? I had the same thing happen to a friend of mine and his problem was that the spring perches in the rear were not sitting on the shock correct. You have to make sure they are all of the way to the bottom of the shock. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the fix Picco007,
I'm an idiot, rookie, hack driver
can't wait to put the FK on the track
P2
Old 04-21-2004, 05:20 PM   #6832
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scmicromike

hey guys. I am having some problems with my berings I decided to take off the shields and now it is a pain in the a$$ to clean them! what it the best way to clean them? thanks for the help
scmicromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:10 AM   #6833
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to g_bruin Send a message via Yahoo to g_bruin

I spray some motor cleaner onto a container and let the bearings sit in them for 5 minutes and then I blast them with motor cleaner to get rid of any particles that may be in them. Then I dry them and use some bearing oil. Works like a charm for me.
g_bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:32 PM   #6834
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to scmicromike

will carb or break cleaner work? If Im not misstaken aint it the same stuff.
scmicromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:14 PM   #6835
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

use non clorinated brake cleaner, it works good.

Luis
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:24 AM   #6836
Tech Elite

What I do is take the bearing out of the package, and install it directly into the car. For maintenance, I remove the bearing, throw it in the trash and take out a new bearing from the package......etc. you know the rest.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:34 PM   #6837
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default Question

I need help with my spring setup. I am running on carpet with my Xray T1R.
Everytime i take a turn i flip over I put soft springs in the back (White) and Harder in the Front (Blue/Purlpe). Is that setup correct?

Should i add an anti-roll bar?

I even tried fixing it, put everytime i flex the springs the front is softer than the rear, which shouldn't happen. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:39 PM   #6838
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now by this i am asuming your running a really soft tyre compound causing the traction rolling. For high grip carpet i would try Blue jaco 28mm foams, i run associated red springs in the rear and purple up front, 1 degree of front camber and 2 degrees rear. Using the associated droop gauge from my tc3 i have the rear set to 5 and the front at 7.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:44 PM   #6839
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Thanks, for the advice.

My foam tires are Purple/Plaid. I was going to try Dbl Purple/Dbl Pink Jacos. Would that be a good choice?
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:47 PM   #6840
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
Thanks, for the advice.

My foam tires are Purple/Plaid. I was going to try Dbl Purple/Dbl Pink Jacos. Would that be a good choice?
Ive not run purple or plaid this side of the pond, but i would go to a harder compound of foam and/or stiffen up the car, the softer springs would probably lose you time in the corners and the grip rolling cant be good.
Can you post your complete setup on here so some US carpet racers can help you out?
berger is offline   Reply With Quote