R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 PM   #6616
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Are Xrays slow in stock or is it just mine.. ..same motor/battery combo in different car I'm fast,The guy's at my track renamed my car the slooooray.. what should I check..(it has new bearings,3mm rear belt,1.77 pullys,both belts are run lose)I'm at a loss..
I am still using my stock FOC with stock motors from Yokomo,Kawada and Tamiya. But i am still fast enough if compared to other shaft cars or even belt cars. So there might be something wrong with your car (or your hand just joking).
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:09 AM   #6617
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mario
Sorry, but with all the respect, I want to be sure that statements are on the correct line. Burch, Cyrul, Lopez, etc run Xray car and Xray parts. Xray is famous and known for continous development and further perfectionism tuning. The ultra-rigid-chassis tested was of 3.5mm and after long term testing of several different balance and weight configurations the best compromise was founded.

Of course the chassis concept and design is of idea of Xray and not any other aftermarket company! Even the ultra thick material was first time manufactured on custom requirement from Xray.

If anybody wants to be kept updated about the progress of development I suggest to subscribe News at www.teamxray.com

Just wanted to be sure that the things are explained correctly. Enjoy your day and racing.
any news on a conversion? just keen on driving a replica of the winning car
chambalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:56 AM   #6618
Tech Rookie

Does anybody know whether the light-weight bulkhead from the Factory Kit will be available soon or not? If yes, when will be the time? Many thanks
octavone2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:15 AM   #6619
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by octavone2003
Does anybody know whether the light-weight bulkhead from the Factory Kit will be available soon or not? If yes, when will be the time? Many thanks
Hudy says that this part will not be available and if it's needed, you'll have to call hudy themselves. It's to cut down on parts and costs to the hobby stores for parts that are rarely replaced. If you bend one of these bulkheads you really screwed up... heck Hudy will probably send you a free set if you manage that.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:26 PM   #6620
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Are Xrays slow in stock or is it just mine.. ..same motor/battery combo in different car I'm fast,The guy's at my track renamed my car the slooooray.. what should I check..(it has new bearings,3mm rear belt,1.77 pullys,both belts are run lose)I'm at a loss..
Make sure your drivetrain is free. With tires mounted and no motor, it should free wheel for 5 seconds or so.

If it is still slow, it is probably a setup issue. Your car should be neutral into, during and out of a corner. No push or no looseness. You need to get all of the variables on the setup right for the track and style you drive with. The funny thing about setup is that it will be different for everybody, but the cars will have the same lap times. I like a stiffer front then rear end, some like them the same all around.

Since xrays are very quiet cars, they will sound slower then a shaft car. However, they are just as fast or faster then any other car out there. With a car properly setup car (especially with short arms) you should have higher corner speed then most. The Xray is slightly (very slightly) less punchy out of the corner. But since you should be able to carry more corner speed, that doesn't really matter.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:47 PM   #6621
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the price on the FK and who has them in stock??
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:49 PM   #6622
Tech Master

Default Short arm conversion

I'm trying to find the info on this thread but I can't seem to find it.

What parts does one need to convert a T1R to short arms? Is it as simple as replacing the arms and putting the mounts outside of the bulkhead? Thanks.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:52 PM   #6623
Tech Master

Default Cyrul at the Nats

Have you guys seen the video of Cyrul driving his Xray at the Nats? The guys has mad driving skills, it's incredible. Very smooth.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:57 PM   #6624
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RandyB
What is the price on the FK and who has them in stock??
Try www.ashfordhobby.com they always have XRay stuff in stock. Nice people too.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:59 PM   #6625
Tech Master

Default Re: Cyrul at the Nats

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
Have you guys seen the video of Cyrul driving his Xray at the Nats? The guys has mad driving skills, it's incredible. Very smooth.
!link?
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:07 PM   #6626
Tech Master

you should see him when he pushing the car and equipment when testing! wowser.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:40 PM   #6627
Tech Addict

Default Re: Cyrul at the Nats

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
got a link?
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:42 PM   #6628
Tech Apprentice

With the factory kit, the chassis is the same of the evo2 freedom of choice? Or an new, the same of the official driver?

Thanks

Yann.
Neosaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:46 PM   #6629
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Cyrul at the Nats

Quote:
Originally posted by sands
got a link?
http://www.avidrc.com/downloads/vide...uringModA1.zip

Warning, it's 40MB!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:01 PM   #6630
Tech Adept

i want to know if the new factory kit come with the spring steel hub for the wheel??

thanks

Pace
Pace72 is offline   Reply With Quote