R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2004, 02:31 PM   #6586
Tech Master

Neil, have you done enough testing with the FK yet? What major differences w/ the Evo2 did you find out right off the bat? Thanks.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:55 PM   #6587
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
Neil, have you done enough testing with the FK yet? What major differences w/ the Evo2 did you find out right off the bat? Thanks.
The car is more stable around corners. The arms offer less chassis roll decreasing the time it takes to center. The front upper linkage position on the bulkhead offers proper geometry throughout the full range of motion of the suspension. Furthermore, the linkage is not at an obtuse angle as if it were attached to the shock tower. There are considerable aethetics upgrades and well as functional upgrades. The milled out bulkheads, outdrives, layshaft, hex hubs and new shock tower all are new. The car is extremely light and strong. Got to love the quality and design work!
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:00 PM   #6588
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
How much are the BMI chassis?

They (Cyrul Burch) were running Xray chassis' at the nats.
Yes you are right-4mm Xray chassis with milled 3d cutouts to lower bulkheads and only six battery slots moved forward from stock position. Also a tad wider in rear under droop screws.

Hope that clears that up a tad bit. Now go and find the part number!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #6589
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Yes you are right-4mm Xray chassis with milled 3d cutouts to lower bulkheads and only six battery slots moved forward from stock position. Also a tad wider in rear under droop screws.

Hope that clears that up a tad bit. Now go and find the part number!!!

Ray
I wish I could say that there will be a part number, because there won't be.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:38 PM   #6590
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Neil Rabara,
what colour are the bulkheads on the factory kit?
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:12 PM   #6591
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Swanson Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Swanson

The bulkheads are silver on the factory kit

i also ran my car for the first time this sat with neil and all i can say is all the improvements i think the car needed it now has. I loved the way my car felt i just need more time to set it up.

The car carries i think way more corner speed and has some much needed steering for everyone running on asphalt.

Greg Hodapp (new x-ray driver) and i are going to work on setups at socal we have already made major improvements in only a few batteries on this past sat and will continue to run and provide you with setup tips. If any of you have any setup questions for me or greg e-mail me at [email protected]

later
andrew swanson
Andrew Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:59 PM   #6592
Tech Champion

BTW-guys-the Aqua colored BMI Xray (pics up or a page back) car I will be willing to part with. It doesnt go well with my greenish brown bulkheads!! I am going to buy a Titanium or Black one from BMI if smeone buys this one. Its MINT and has maybe three packs run through it!! Check out the for sales soon for it. Or if you want to jump the gun-e-mail me.

Ray
Old 03-29-2004, 08:09 PM   #6593
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by dontfeelcold
Neil Rabara,
what colour are the bulkheads on the factory kit?
Andrew is correct, the new milled bulkheads are shiny silver with new mounting positions for kickup, squat, anti squat, anti dive, pro squat etc. Xray eliminated the mounted positions for the pillow ball.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:27 PM   #6594
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Alex was running a 4mm chassis with cutouts as well...But his batteries were all the way to the back. He had the new split chassis as well but didnt swap over to it.

The bulkheads they were running are different too I think. Someone said the diffs were raised up in the bulkheads so they would clear the extra think chassis....Not sure about that though.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:37 PM   #6595
Tech Addict

I did not get a chance to see Josh's car but I did see Ralph's up close. Looked like the BMI chassis to me. He had mentioned to a friend of mine that a carpet version of the car should be out in April??? What is the split chassis that I hear about. I just sold my evo2 and I am kicking myself for it. I hate the tc3....its fast but I hate the quality. Want to get a factory team but if they are coming out with a chassis then I want to wait.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:48 AM   #6596
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Guys,

Dnt forget-if you buy the Factory Team kit and want to run the ultra stiff chassis like Burch, Cyrul, Lopez, etc. check out BMI and Warpspeed on RCtech.

The BMI is 3mil with 3d cutouts to place the bulkheads at stock roll center. The car is stiff as a brick and has batteries moved forward-just like the Factory kit . Actually-BMI had it before XRay did it in production!!!

Ray

Sorry, but with all the respect, I want to be sure that statements are on the correct line. Burch, Cyrul, Lopez, etc run Xray car and Xray parts. Xray is famous and known for continous development and further perfectionism tuning. The ultra-rigid-chassis tested was of 3.5mm and after long term testing of several different balance and weight configurations the best compromise was founded.

Of course the chassis concept and design is of idea of Xray and not any other aftermarket company! Even the ultra thick material was first time manufactured on custom requirement from Xray.

If anybody wants to be kept updated about the progress of development I suggest to subscribe News at www.teamxray.com

Just wanted to be sure that the things are explained correctly. Enjoy your day and racing.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:13 AM   #6597
Tech Champion

Mario,

Just think of Warpspeed and BMI as hop-ups to the Xray line of cars. Like Square and other companies to HPI, AE, Losi, etc.

I think you'll find that your customers are very innovative-as Xray is and its not a bad thing. I know serious carpet racers want a stiffer chassis and batteries moved forward, but still want room for the ESC and Receiver right now, but they cannot get them from Xray-yet. They also want the servo moved back to clear short arms. All these things are designed into the BMI and Warpspeed aftermarket chassis and they are available now.

I am sure Xray tests some of the most innovative parts we never see!!! It would be fun to see the box full -o-test parts the European test teams get!!!
Ray
Old 03-30-2004, 10:14 AM   #6598
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Yo mario. Thanks for making this kinda stuff clear.
At least we know what XRAY Factory Team Drivers are using now.

But IMHO, other companies should not make unproven claims.

Just my 0.02
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:26 AM   #6599
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by AdR|aN
Yo mario. Thanks for making this kinda stuff clear.
At least we know what XRAY Factory Team Drivers are using now.

But IMHO, other companies should not make unproven claims.

Just my 0.02
Ahh-I see where you and Mario think I made a false claim-I worded my statemnt like the factory guys were using BMI or Warpspeed Xray chassis-my bad-but you can also interpret as I meant it to say which is that if you want to run what they run-yu have to go aftermarket as Xray has yet to release a extra thick chassis.

Again I repeat-dont choke off the aftermarket products-they keep people intersted in cars they might otherwise drop to try something new. A great example is the Pro3!! Not a good car-but I bet there was big money in making Hara replica Pro3's and people kept buying Pro3 parts to keep-em running.

Ray
Old 03-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #6600
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mario
Sorry, but with all the respect, I want to be sure that statements are on the correct line. Burch, Cyrul, Lopez, etc run Xray car and Xray parts. Xray is famous and known for continous development and further perfectionism tuning. The ultra-rigid-chassis tested was of 3.5mm and after long term testing of several different balance and weight configurations the best compromise was founded.

Of course the chassis concept and design is of idea of Xray and not any other aftermarket company! Even the ultra thick material was first time manufactured on custom requirement from Xray.

If anybody wants to be kept updated about the progress of development I suggest to subscribe News at www.teamxray.com

Just wanted to be sure that the things are explained correctly. Enjoy your day and racing.
Thanks for backing us up Mario.