R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2004, 12:09 AM   #6496
Tech Elite
 
AdR|aN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia. Land of Peace.
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
Also I thought that the Factory kit was going to have a stiffer chassis. It looks like it will be the same as the Evo2. I thought I saw one with only the 6 cells cut out.
IMHO, the 6 cells chassis was a prototype factory drivers was using/testing during the Bird's. The chassis that comes with the FK is the same as the EVO2. As it now comes with the STIFF upper deck, its a good welcome.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:32 AM   #6497
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
do not buy directly from serpent usa. they are horrible to deal with.
Then try your LHS. Generally, Serpent will fill the Hobby Shops who have been on the wait list for parts. Also keep in mind Xray is producing new cars and is probably pretty busy.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:50 AM   #6498
Tech Master
 
dontfeelcold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where there's smoke there's a tyre
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

the only new parts for the factory kit are the bulkheads, everything else is hot up parts that now come with the car so you dont have to buy them seperately. Its a shame they dont come with swaybars
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:13 AM   #6499
Tech Master
 
Scrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 1,510
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Will the blade type sway bar work on the short arms?
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:27 AM   #6500
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

blade does not work on short arms
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:39 AM   #6501
Tech Elite
 
wannabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: RUBBERNECK RACING Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000xp8
Is there any other place to get xray parts other than Mytsn?

10 bucks shipping regardless of what is purchased it highway robbery. What are they adding bricks to the package.
www.ashfordhobby.com

Robert is a good guy and will take care of you!

Good luck,

Kevin
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:44 AM   #6502
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

kevin,

where you been? i thought you were gonna run the natty's. jbrake and switzer were doggin' ya. no, not really, they just wanted me to give you hell.

drop me something.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:57 AM   #6503
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

We got more Xray spare parts and hop-ups back in stock and we also have the Xray T1R on sale this month for only $199.99

The new T1 Factory kit is due to arrive this Wednesday, and all of you that have pre-ordered should have received your comfirmation email last week

Lastly, I want to thank you guys for your support and helping us get started in carrying the Xray product line

Thanks

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:09 AM   #6504
Tech Elite
 
wannabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: RUBBERNECK RACING Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball
kevin,

where you been? i thought you were gonna run the natty's. jbrake and switzer were doggin' ya. no, not really, they just wanted me to give you hell.

drop me something.
YGM brother man!
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:58 PM   #6505
Tech Addict
 
Formula1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buckeye City!
Posts: 691
Default

I was just reading RC Nitro about the serpent 950r (Man if I won the lottery!), it said that the shocks were up granded and the click was more positive. Did they do the same thing for the Xray?
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:56 PM   #6506
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 139
going to short arms

Hey Motorheads, I am going to the short
arms finally, what should I do with the shock springs should I go softer with the short arms or just run it the way I am running it now with the original arms,
next I run indoor mainly but I am thinking
of running outdoors this summer, what
arms is best for outdoors original or short
thanks Guys.
Dr Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:51 PM   #6507
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default Re: going to short arms

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Smooth
Hey Motorheads, I am going to the short
arms finally, what should I do with the shock springs should I go softer with the short arms or just run it the way I am running it now with the original arms,
next I run indoor mainly but I am thinking
of running outdoors this summer, what
arms is best for outdoors original or short
thanks Guys.
By changing the arms, you are changing geometry. With the geometry changed, your shock setup will be different on the new arms. Just going softer may or may not bring you back to a setup you are accustomed to. In fact, the car will be different with the new arms and you will need to learn the car again anyways.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #6508
Tech Fanatic
 
Rob Mincey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 872
Default Need help with setup diagnosis... ;)

Sorry for the crosspost. Also posted in "Talkin' to Josh Cyrul."

Here's what's happening:

The car is really planted during right hand turns, but the rear end swings around when turning left, but only about 2 minutes into the race (and keeps swinging out for the remainder of the race during left turns.) Here's what I've checked so far:

Droop is equal right to left in the front and rear.
No bent hinge pins.
No bent shock shafts.
Car is not tweaked according to John Watt's laser tweak board.
Tires are not coming unglued on one side or the other.
Toe and camber are equal right to left.

The only other thing I can figure is that the tires (I'm currently running Take Off 22's) are heating up and getting greasy about 2 minutes into the race. But, if this were the case, why would it only be while turning left? I'm going to switch to 27's this weekend, but I'm not anticipating that this is going to fix the problem.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:35 PM   #6509
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default Re: Need help with setup diagnosis... ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by losirob
Sorry for the crosspost. Also posted in "Talkin' to Josh Cyrul."

Here's what's happening:

The car is really planted during right hand turns, but the rear end swings around when turning left, but only about 2 minutes into the race (and keeps swinging out for the remainder of the race during left turns.) Here's what I've checked so far:

Droop is equal right to left in the front and rear.
No bent hinge pins.
No bent shock shafts.
Car is not tweaked according to John Watt's laser tweak board.
Tires are not coming unglued on one side or the other.
Toe and camber are equal right to left.

The only other thing I can figure is that the tires (I'm currently running Take Off 22's) are heating up and getting greasy about 2 minutes into the race. But, if this were the case, why would it only be while turning left? I'm going to switch to 27's this weekend, but I'm not anticipating that this is going to fix the problem.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

Rob
Check your front universals and front one way.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:26 PM   #6510
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,336
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

On the arms I thought that the short arms were for the carpet(I could be wrong)I know from running another car I did not like the short arm setup,made the car way to twitchey on asphalt.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net