R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-03-2004, 09:36 AM   #6316
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Rumors said (..just a rumor).. that actually the current champ prefer driving 414 than the TB on the first place.. But again as AWOLsoldier said, they have two programmes for a long time ago already.

I would love to see shaft driven T1 in the future..
Man-I should shut-up NOW-but I cannot-I have talked to a lot of non-RC people, but racers and they always tell me a belt should be faster than a shaft drive system. But I still WANT< WANT< WANT a shaft drive Xray so bad-but now that Xray and Losi have really freed up their belt systems (and Schumacher too it seems) I am startig to think-hey-belts are okay!!! Belts are fast!!

If anythng-I would ike to just see Xray find a way to lower the spur gear and layshaft and still be able to have the large pulleys.

Tough one-but Hudy is smart!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:56 AM   #6317
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Man-I should shut-up NOW-but I cannot-I have talked to a lot of non-RC people, but racers and they always tell me a belt should be faster than a shaft drive system. But I still WANT< WANT< WANT a shaft drive Xray so bad-but now that Xray and Losi have really freed up their belt systems (and Schumacher too it seems) I am startig to think-hey-belts are okay!!! Belts are fast!!

If anythng-I would ike to just see Xray find a way to lower the spur gear and layshaft and still be able to have the large pulleys.

Tough one-but Hudy is smart!!
Driver skill and setup skill matter so much more than what car you drive.... but then that's another topic. Xray's might not be as snappy out of a corner but they are much smoother in transition then a shaft car. No torque steer. Lack of snap also makes me drive a better line to carry more corner speed so I'm faster overall anyway.

Personally, I find motor changing in a shaft car a royal pain. Associated has a decent system with the clamp, but cars like the Barracuda suck for that ( I have an R2 and used to have a TC3 ).

Somebody has a new belt car that runs the front belt around the motor pinion rather then over it. probably the only way to do that. But then you trade a slightly lower CG for more belt to pully friction ( defeats the purpose the low ratio pully )
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:28 PM   #6318
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Xray Factory

Anyone who knows exactly what option parts / new parts that will be included in the Xray Factory Edition ?
( will the chassis become blue ?? like the 1/12 car ? I hope so, its awesome ! )

Does anyone have any pictures of the car ?

I like my Xray ( Skoda )
Tor Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:12 PM   #6319
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcguy2477

I just got an xray about a week ago, and it works very well.
The only problem i have is that the belts hit the motor. I have the 1.77 pulleys if that changes anything. I am running a 48p. 93t spur, and a 24t. pinion. Is there any way to fix this? I have a belt tensioner for the front, but the belt isnt loose enough to install it yet.
greddy t04b, megasquirt ecu, PlX wideband, 12x28x3 fmic, 50mm hks clone wg, ssqv bov, Safc, ss oil lines, walbro fuel pump, tubo intake manifolds, ssac exhaust manifold, 3" dp, 550cc primary/720cc secondary injectors, etc.
rcguy2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:15 PM   #6320
Tech Rookie

Hey Tor Erik here are somthing

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...e56d932a329605

And

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...&kategoria=278
johnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:31 PM   #6321
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rcguy2477
The only problem i have is that the belts hit the motor. I have the 1.77 pulleys if that changes anything. I am running a 48p. 93t spur, and a 24t. pinion. Is there any way to fix this? I have a belt tensioner for the front, but the belt isnt loose enough to install it yet.
I've had similar issues. Just get the biggest spur you can find. I currently run a 128 tooth 64 pitch spur. Even then the belt slightly touches the motor can.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:18 PM   #6322
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JKA
I've had similar issues. Just get the biggest spur you can find. I currently run a 128 tooth 64 pitch spur. Even then the belt slightly touches the motor can.
Take the tires to 58-60 mm. That will change the rollout enough that you can run a 128/30-33 and get about a 1" rollout for a monster. Your track will vary though.

The bottom belt also tightens up under load. If you look at the can of the motor there should be no marks on it even if it touches when at rest.

Last edited by sands; 03-03-2004 at 08:20 PM.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:47 PM   #6323
TRL
Tech Apprentice

Default Snowbird's chassis

Does anyone know if the chassis the team dudes ran at the snowbirds is going to be made?? looks very good for carpet with foams!!!
TRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:46 PM   #6324
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Re: Snowbird's chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by TRL
Does anyone know if the chassis the team dudes ran at the snowbirds is going to be made?? looks very good for carpet with foams!!!
I dont think its coming out in the factory team kit-in fact I am 99% sure its not.

What it does come with I do beleive is lightened:
Bulkheads with more tuning options (i.e. more holes)
revised rear shock tower
lightened drive shafts
1.77 pulleys
lightweight rear diff and front one-way.
lightweight spring steel axles.
solid top deck
short arms
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:11 AM   #6325
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rcguy2477
I had the same problem. Was able to find a 64 pitch spur gear 136 tooth. Got them from a hobby shop in the U.K. Mike's Models I believe. They work great. If you ever run mod, you will really notice that problem due to the even smaller pinions. They have them from 100 thru 136. Hope this helps.
soon2bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:28 AM   #6326
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I gather that's what he was saying as well. Really sad trick to get people to buy a new kit. I thought XRay would be above that.

Yeah, I was hoping to get the new mounting positions as well as the front with the new camber link location.

I've bought a few things from that guy on e-bay. Really quick with shipping and everything is always nice.

Blake
Could you please tell us the nickname of that guy on ebay?

Thank you

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #6327
Tech Rookie

Unhappy

Wanna to ask the relationship between the rollout (tyre dia.) and the gear ratio? Do they have any relationship at all?
octavone2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #6328
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

kind of. If you take your final drive ratio and multiply by tire diam. then you get roll out.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #6329
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Snowbird's chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
[B]I dont think its coming out in the factory team kit-in fact I am 99% sure its not.........
So they weren't running stock factory kits at the Birds? Ralph B. too?
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:56 AM   #6330
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedo
How do you dudes like the X-ray? Are there any hop-ups for it? I think it looks really nice!
I have had the evo2 for a while got about every houp you can get on it. I gotta say it is built like a tank(you know that), handles very well. The parts quality is as good as it gets. Might get the factory soon also. Also the details amaze me with this brand. I used to race off-road buggies. The two major brands there are not close to detail of an xray. IF that helps. But you $$$ for it.
weidjd is offline   Reply With Quote