R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-01-2004, 06:57 AM   #6286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: here is xray's answer on upgrade

Quote:
Originally posted by mario
If you bend the bulkheads, please contact Xray at [email protected] and I am sure you will get service and individual approach. The chance you break or bend the bulkheads is almost less than minimum. But you can be sure that Xray will provide the highest quality service for customer satisfaction. Meanwhile there is no reason dealers to stock expensive item that will not sell.
So Mario, you still didn't answer the question. Will Hudy offer the bulkheads for sale or are they going to require us to buy a new kit?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 03:28 PM   #6287
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He said that there is no reason to offer them individually as it is an expensive item for dealers to have to stock and it will be a rare sale. I'm pretty sure that was a round about way of saying no they will not sell them individually. lol

I'm inclined to agree. If you bend a bulkhead from a racing or bashing incident there is going to be LOTS of damage... most likely enough to warrant buying a new kit.

If you really want to buy a set individually then keep an eye on Ebay once the kits are released. There is a hobby shop that "parts out" kits on eBay. You could most likely get the bulkheads individually that way. He currently does this with the FOC
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:17 PM   #6288
Tech Addict

From what I can tell right now with the pics on the web, the new bulkheads just remove some material to lighten them. But if you run smaller ESCs and receivers, you should be at or under weight anyway.

They would only be worth the expense if they changed the rear roll center to drop it a bit.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 07:00 PM   #6289
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by sands
From what I can tell right now with the pics on the web, the new bulkheads just remove some material to lighten them.
There is an extra hole to adjust the anti dive to 1.5
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 07:08 PM   #6290
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I gather that's what he was saying as well. Really sad trick to get people to buy a new kit. I thought XRay would be above that.

Yeah, I was hoping to get the new mounting positions as well as the front with the new camber link location.

I've bought a few things from that guy on e-bay. Really quick with shipping and everything is always nice.

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:03 PM   #6291
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
There is an extra hole to adjust the anti dive to 1.5
Thas good-I think my current set-up could use a touch of antidive to be honest and I am TOO lazy or busy to drill my own holes.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:07 PM   #6292
Tech Adept

Ray - You're a slacker!!!!
Aaron Bomia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:10 PM   #6293
Tech Champion

Bring it to the Gate big boy!!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:16 PM   #6294
Tech Adept

The Pearly Gates? Oh, you mean come visit your track in Ohio. Too far of a drive, unless Rich drove. I would be there for the Nats, but you scheduled the race on my youngest son's first birthday. Shame on you!
Aaron Bomia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:29 PM   #6295
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Thas good-I think my current set-up could use a touch of antidive to be honest and I am TOO lazy or busy to drill my own holes.

Ray
I did this mod - works really well. Makes the transition from power on in the straight to power off in the corner silky smoooth. There is really no difference in the feel of the car at all from power on to power off.

If you run the long arms, you need to do a bit of grinding to the lower stringer or they arms will hit it. Not a problem with short arms though.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:27 PM   #6296
Tech Champion

sands-thats exactly it!! car feels different at turn in to mid corner-like all of a sudden in the middle of the corner somtthings changing. Its not something to ruin your laptimes-just something to dial out once everything else in the set-up is close.

Ray
Old 03-01-2004, 09:28 PM   #6297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Another reason for lightening the bulkheads is so you can put the weight where you want it on the chassis and keep the center of gravity as low as possible.

Ray, got the short arm cars dialed, the shorter the camber links the better. It will definetly help eliminate the chassis rubbing problem we were having.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:59 AM   #6298
Tech Regular

hey, does anyone know if you can put the T1R chassis on the Evo 2? and can you put the CF battery holders on the T1R chassis?
Matt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:06 AM   #6299
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

We updated the website with a whole section for Xray T1 series touring cars.

Click here to check it out

Also, don't forget to check out the titanium screw kits we have available for the T1R and The T1 EVO in The Racer's Corner

Thanks for reading!

Steve Wang
Old 03-02-2004, 01:31 AM   #6300
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt04
hey, does anyone know if you can put the T1R chassis on the Evo 2? and can you put the CF battery holders on the T1R chassis?
The T1R chassis is a composite material chassis.
Whereby on the EVO2 is a C/F chassis. Yes both can be used either way.

The C/F battery holders are only meant to be used on the C/F Chassis only and vice versa for the composite chassis and battery holder.

This is because the composite battery holder are a little longer if you compared it to the C/F battery holder.

Just my 0.02
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote