Old 02-13-2004, 02:05 PM   #6151
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by ICEMAN
yep , all the bulks have the same footprint, evo 2 , t1r,
t1m, and t1evo2 factory kit
Same foot print. But diff usage.
The Factory Kit bulkhead has more setting i.e : front anti dive 1.5 deg and rear anti squat 1.5 deg. Which cant be done with the previous EVO2.

Just my 2 cents
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #6152
Tech Addict

any word on who has the new factory parts (or will) ?
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #6153
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by sands
any word on who has the new factory parts (or will) ?
You can pre-order one from www.speedtech.com
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #6154
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs down SLOOOW on Cars and Parts Delivery

In 22 years of R/C cars SerpentUSA is the WORST company that I have
had to deal with!!!!! I was told by my local hobby shop that(XRAY) car kits and parts that they(serpert usa ) have are on hold so that serpert parts and kits can go out first !!!(Serpert USA told me the parts and kits where in stock on
2/5/04)
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:13 PM   #6155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: SLOOOW on Cars and Parts Delivery

Quote:
Originally posted by flbugboy
In 22 years of R/C cars SerpentUSA is the WORST company that I have
had to deal with!!!!! I was told by my local hobby shop that(XRAY) car kits and parts that they(serpert usa ) have are on hold so that serpert parts and kits can go out first !!!(Serpert USA told me the parts and kits where in stock on
2/5/04)
Yah i will never do any business directly with serpent ever again. I've had bad luck with them too.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:44 PM   #6156
Tech Regular

There is no problem with Serpent Usa.... When I do my orders I always get all or most of my parts within a weeks time. I think the longest back order was the X-ray pit towel ( big one) 3 months

http://finalthoughtsracing.wetpaint.com/
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:50 PM   #6157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Big D
There is no problem with Serpent Usa.... When I do my orders I always get all or most of my parts within a weeks time. I think the longest back order was the X-ray pit towel ( big one) 3 months
Why isn't there a problem, because you said so? I've had nothing but headaches dealing with them.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:33 PM   #6158
Tech Elite

What kind of headaches did you get with them?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 09:39 AM   #6159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My order was filled and received within 2 days..they were a pleasure to work with when I called them...If something was backordered the rep that I was working with would inform me and together we found an alternative..

I can't speak on their fulfillment of backorder shipments, but they've been pretty decent on in-stock parts!!!

Oh...and you won't need to worry about it as much now anyway..you're not restricted to Serpent for Xray parts..just about every LHS seems to deal with Horizon...and Horzon is not also handling Xray...so if Serpent ticks you off...call your LHS and you'll be all set
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 01:52 PM   #6160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

funny thing with that deal. Serpant is the importor and hoizon is just a second distributor. They get there xray stuff from serpant. This was reported my mario in the vip room. So you still deal with serpant.

i think their black eye comes from the problems they had between novmeber and thru January, when all the parts that were common breakage parts were out of stock and we were all waiting from shipment over seas. It seams that the problem was just in the states, because you could get parts shipped from stores in the uk and japan. But it seams that the problem should have been resolved. in understand that the problem at serpant was just that the person doing the orders from overseas was not aware of the volume of specific parts that were more common consumables on the xray

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #6161
Tech Elite

Talking about consumables on the car, what is the major thing that always have problems???

For me and a few friends of ours, its the rear belt and the center pulley. Wear and tear can be considered high. Drove the car for 2 months now. Change 2 rear belt and 3 pulley. Anyone having similar experience with it???
Old 02-14-2004, 02:22 PM   #6162
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Jim Morris Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Morris
I am considering gettine an X-Ray. Can anyone tell me a thing or two about them. They look like amazing cars, not to mention Ralph Burch won the Pro-mod A-main with one at the 2004 Snowbirds, which is very tough to do. That was an exciting race. Anyhoo...I was just wondering how they drive, any parts that break more than others, setup tips, etc.. I would read all the posts on this thread but theres 206 pages! I'm no newbie to racing in anyway so please don't treat me like one. Thanks for any help.
Jim Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 02:33 PM   #6163
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Morris
I am considering gettine an X-Ray. Can anyone tell me a thing or two about them. They look like amazing cars, not to mention Ralph Burch won the Pro-mod A-main with one at the 2004 Snowbirds, which is very tough to do. That was an exciting race. Anyhoo...I was just wondering how they drive, any parts that break more than others, setup tips, etc.. I would read all the posts on this thread but theres 206 pages! I'm no newbie to racing in anyway so please don't treat me like one. Thanks for any help.

Jim. As one of the many ppl who is driving the T1, only one thing can be said about that car.
LUXURY treament!!!
I don think there is many complaints about it. Not like some other car that i know off. The built of the car and the strenght of the car comes second to none. For set up, just follow the manual. Its already a great kit out of the box. A little bit of tuning here and there and your off to a very fabulous relationship with one of the T1.

Just my 0.02
Old 02-14-2004, 02:58 PM   #6164
Tech Regular

Quote:
yep , all the bulks have the same footprint, evo 2 , t1r,t1m, and t1evo2 factory kit
Quote:
Same foot print. But diff usage.
The Factory Kit bulkhead has more setting i.e : front anti dive 1.5 deg and rear anti squat 1.5 deg. Which cant be done with the previous EVO2.

Just my 2 cents
Well, the factory kit's bulkheads does not have the mounting holes for Pivot ball suspension, so you're not completely right here... Also it has a new hole to mount the camber link flat on top of the front bulkhead....
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:38 PM   #6165
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs down Slooow Parts and Car Kits

Horizon Hobby has to get it parts from Serpent-USA so this will not help
the LHS with parts or car kits! The only thing that might help is to e-mail
XRAY!
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote