R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2002, 11:27 PM   #601
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Mike,

I have replied to your email. I will look forward to meeting you when you return. Have a safe trip.

Maybe throw that Losi out of the airplanes window? hehehe JUST KIDDING! You could maybe claim it on your insurance!
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 09:57 PM   #602
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default MIKE!!

im glad you were able to try the car.. hopefully you build it all yourself and find craftmanship that is used..pay close attention to details on the car when setting it up!! setup blocks and boards are really advised.. maybe i can lend you mine.

let me know when you get one... Buster carries a great number of parts for the car..just look him up..

well you know where i ll be when you need me...PRACTICING!!!!

LATER..
ARv.
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 06:33 AM   #603
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Arv-

Thanks for the Tips. I am going to get one when I come back into town. Hopefully I have a internet connection when I am over there and I can list my car on E-Bay 5 days before I come back so that when I get back I can have my XXX-S sold and go buy it from Buster. I got a chance to drive the X-Ray and the TC3, both I did better lap times then my XXX-S but I like that the X-Ray is so tunable without haveing to buy 1,2,4,6 degree caster blocks and so forth. Just lossen some screws and adjust it. I am definitly going to get that Ultimate Setup Board. Also I will probably buy the Belt Tensioner, The Four Pins so that you can adjust the front end, the Rear Roll Center Adjsuters and probably the Rear Sway Bar Set. Anything else I should get right away? Now that I know Buster and all the Tracks around here have parts I feel better with getting it. I am coming back home on Feb 8th now so hopefully I can pull a all nighter and come race with it on Feb 9th. I am sure the Jetlag will make me able to stay up all night putting it together .

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 03:41 PM   #604
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Do you (anyone) think the ceramic bearing from acer are worth getting? They get $8.00 each for them in any size.
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 04:07 PM   #605
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

spongebob: I have used them. I loved them up until I had to start replacing them. I would not recommend them. Although the balls themselves take a lot of abuse that the conventional balls don't, it is the bearing race that fails and the smoothness is lost. The ceramics have been known to shatter although I've not experienced it.

Stick with the regular bearings and clean them after every race. I just bought the HQ bearing by XRAY, I should have them any day now.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:47 PM   #606
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Are the HQ's the same ones that come with the car? Where did you get them?
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 05:12 PM   #607
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

The HQ bearing is a step above what the kit has. I bought my set (12ea. 10x15x4) from Buster.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:00 PM   #608
Tech Regular

Default hq bearings

What are those Hq bearings going for,cost wise?
saints1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:09 PM   #609
Tech Master

Call Buster at 703-430-2202.
Mon,Tue,Thur 2pm-9pm
Wed, Fri 10am-6pm

I can't recall what he charged me because I ordered other XRAY items. I want to say something like $50-60.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:23 PM   #610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default MIKE..

hey make sure when you build it.. everything works smooth. like i mentioned, details are critical.. this car will not only allow you to understand what different settings will do, you most likely save money due to the high durability of the car.

im glad you are getting one also, the cars are working that much more better...

BTW. we may not be in town when you come back.. we will be in Florida racing the SnowbirdNationals!!
later.
ARv.
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:38 AM   #611
Tech Master

Talk about small adjustments making a world of difference, this year I used Serpent (orange) 35 wt oil, the roll bridge, and I was all over track. I could not knife through the turns nor did I turn on the dime. The back end slid around a lot.

I found my steering when I used the lowest setting for the upper arm with no caster clip in front. Valving is 4, and the shock mount is 2 on the tower and 2 on the arm. I was satisfied with the steering and bite.

The rear took a lot of time to figure out. I first tried 2 holes in the shocks but that made things worse. I thought I would raise the roll center but I was determined to make it work and tried little adjustments. I finally stood the shocks up using hole 3 on the tower and hole 1 on the arm, valve 4 holes. The ride improved greatly but there is still some work to be done.

I still managed to qualify in great form, I made my A-main. I will have to balance out the reaction between the front and rear suspension. I will also try using the Alpha or Stratus body, this past weekend I used a Lexus GS400.

Last edited by RCCadet; 01-29-2002 at 10:03 AM.
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:56 AM   #612
Tech Master

What is your preference, the (bulkhead) alu bearing cups or the newer nylon bearing cups? For anyone that has changed over what is your opinion.

Last edited by RCCadet; 01-29-2002 at 07:06 AM.
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 10:01 AM   #613
Tech Adept

RCCadet,

Please do not feel that you NEED to change to the Nylon ones, if you are not noticing that your bearings are spinning in the Alum ones you are perfectly fine. There is no improvement in performance by using the Nylon ones, it is only to make for sure that the bearing will not spin inside. If your bearing is spinning you will be able to see the marks inside very easily.

I will be at the shop in 2 hours. It is now 12am EST, and I will get there at 2pm EST. You can call me for the tracking number at your conveniance.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:10 AM   #614
Tech Adept

RCCadet, Your tracking number was just send via private message.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:12 AM   #615
Tech Master

Got it, Thanks Again!