R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2004, 03:35 PM   #6076
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by pucho
RH should always be checked with the wheels on.
thanks!
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:43 PM   #6077
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Rob Hochberg

When I was installing the 2mm clip in the rear to get 2 degree toe, I have to bend the bulkhead a substantial amount. not a whole lot, just more than I think usual. am i doing something wrong? What is the process for adding those clips in the rear to get toe in? It just seems with those clips in that a lot of stress is put on the rear bulkhead.
Rob Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:20 PM   #6078
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Hochberg
When I was installing the 2mm clip in the rear to get 2 degree toe, I have to bend the bulkhead a substantial amount. not a whole lot, just more than I think usual. am i doing something wrong? What is the process for adding those clips in the rear to get toe in? It just seems with those clips in that a lot of stress is put on the rear bulkhead.
just make sure that the rear bulkheads are screwed on the chassis while you're putting the clips so that it wont bend!
rcprix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:55 AM   #6079
Tech Regular

Please explain how you add the clips. I don't see how it is possible with the blulk heads on, and that little metal bar that connects the two hinge pin holders in the way. I have lots of time to mess with the car today, school was cancelled, snow day!
Old 02-06-2004, 06:59 AM   #6080
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The bar that goes across in the front of the rear bulkhead (on the EVO2) has to be removed and replaced with the individual pieces. Then, You can unscrew the hinge pin carriers, insert a clip then snug them down again.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=528

There's the link to the C-Hub instructions.

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:04 AM   #6081
Tech Regular

That makes sense! I was going to try that. Thank you for the fast response!
Old 02-06-2004, 09:13 AM   #6082
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Kentech: I see that the new Xray Factory Kit might include some new rear shock towers that I have to say look very much like some that are already available...
@Kentech: Yes, that's probably right that they are going to include som new rear shock towers in the new kit. The reason for it, I believe, is that we don't need those extra holes anymore. Remember that this tower was introduced when the majority of drivers still were using the original T1, and we needed those extra holes to be able to use both old- and new dampers. (Not the same length)

Now I believe most people will find it much more sensible that we move forward, not using the "compromise" rear shock tower anymore, when we don't need it.

As you mention Athena makes 3.party towers for our car. I'm sure they are very good, and as everyone understands the new tower would be much more "normal" or look more like the Athena-tower, than before. That is easy figured out just by counting the holes I assume...
RNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:45 AM   #6083
Tech Adept

Quote:
That makes sense! I was going to try that. Thank you for the fast response!
on the side note, putting 2mm clips on both sides of the bulkhead doesn't exactly achieve 2 degrees toe-in, try measuring it on a setup tool, you'll find it to be just slightly less than 2 degrees. i have to use some very thin washer (comm washers) plus the 2mm clips to get 2 degrees toe-in.
rcprix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:08 AM   #6084
Tech Regular

Hmm, I will see how it feels on the track, then go from there. It's a pain in the ass to get those clips on there though, anyone have a special trick that they're using?
Old 02-06-2004, 10:13 AM   #6085
Tech Addict

I take the motor out and use a pair of bend nose pliars. I also looses both ends of the a-arm supports.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:50 AM   #6086
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Hmm, I will see how it feels on the track, then go from there. It's a pain in the ass to get those clips on there though, anyone have a special trick that they're using?
Switch to the T1R rear end, it's only a few parts. The "clips" would then go between the pin holders at the rear of the bulkheads instead of the front, making them a lot easier to install. With the T1R rear end 2* toe-in is achieved with 1mm shims (no shims is 3*).

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=253

Because it's so much easier to change rear toe-in this way, you can also use actual shims/washers for 0.5* changes, or get a couple of Xray's universal plastic shim sets which include 0.5mm, 1.5mm, and 2.5mm shims.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=112
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:09 AM   #6087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

is that a function of the rear clips on the 1tr or is that a function of the t1r chassis having the 3 degree of natural toe?

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:05 PM   #6088
KMW
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
is that a function of the rear clips on the 1tr or is that a function of the t1r chassis having the 3 degree of natural toe?
Different pin holders (with markings so you know where to put them):

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=564
Old 02-06-2004, 12:30 PM   #6089
Tech Addict

on the evo - you could just stick a 3mm spacer in the front pin holder, then insert or take away spacers from the rear pin holder for the same effect. You need to run with 4 of these though.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=450
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:47 PM   #6090
KMW
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by sands
on the evo - you could just stick a 3mm spacer in the front pin holder, then insert or take away spacers from the rear pin holder for the same effect. You need to run with 4 of these though.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=450
There you go!