Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

answer i got was that the m18 was so popluar that they shifted production of the t1m to the m18.

here is the tread from the xray vip room on mytsn on availability:

YANG LAI (US) 12.27.03 at 16:51
I have had a hard time locating parts for my xray. Our Local hobby shop usually has a good supply of xray parts, but in the last month their selves are bare. I talk to the owner and he said that parts are hard to come by. He said that serpent has backorders most of the parts. especially the one that are needed chubs and arms.

parts RESPOND | ADD TO FAQ
BRAD HONE (US) 01.19.04 at 00:33
I have the same problem. I made an order direct from serpent online. My order was confirmed. 2 weeks later I only recived 1/4 my order. I have heard that this is why no one in my area sells anything from Serpent. The only reason why My LHS bought any Xray products Evo, t1 and M18s is because Horizon was going to be a distributor. I check on all backorder parts every day. Horizon has no word on when parts are going to be available. I have two cars to support and even though they are hard to break, they still do. Because of this I had to buy another T1 just for parts. And as far as Serpent USA I will not buy anything from them ever again. What customer service? They could have told me most of my order was on backorder. Thats just my 2c.
Hard to get Xray parts RESPOND | ADD TO FAQ

ED ENBERG (US) 01.20.04 at 21:35
You guys are right! Some key Xray parts and cars car have been almost impossible to get. There are many reasons for this. None of them change the fact that parts were in short supply especially during December and the first weeks of this month. The USA distribution channels and Xray are committed not to let this kind of problem happen again. Serpent USA did receive a shipment of parts (c-hub ,etc.) last week. Back orders have been shipped and new orders for these parts are being processed. You have our sincere promise to support the racers of Xray cars the way in which you deserve and are entitled.

Ed Enberg
Serpent USA

RESPOND | ADD TO FAQ
YANG LAI (US) 01.20.04 at 22:08
thanks ed for keeping us updates. But I know that not all back orders are filled. We are not a big shop, and was told that our backorder was not filled with this last shipment, but were promissed to be filled with the next shipment, that is stuck in customs at this point with no date of release.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Editable setup sheet for C hub

Originally posted by mattlyness
Thought I saw an X-Ray setup sheet that was editable a while back but can't find it , anybody got a link to it. For C Hub.
hey man

I have one on my clubs website, but because i havent gotten around to vectorize the graphics on the page it will take a little bit to load, but it will load. Here's the link to it:

http://www.msra-racing.com/pdf/Xray-evo2-chub.pdf
Old 01-22-2004, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Eric:

I can feel your frustration It suck and I haven't seen anything like it (well a couple but nothing like the problem your having) I have yet to find a solution for it. Ill talk (try to) to Mr Hudy about it when the come for the birds. I know it's a long time to wait but thats the best I can do right now. I hope that they can come up with an answer.

On the weight loss front I know what you mean after HS I just balooned. I have to do it more for my health than anything else. I can't eaven get insurance becasue in overweight (individual coverage)
Old 01-22-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Talking push

Alex that was a fast reply, I guess that
why you are fast on the track, my setup
was voilet front spring and lite blue rear,
30wt oil all around, camber 2deg all around, my droop front was 3deg and
rear 4deg, p/o tire front and mengenta rear, car height 4.5mm, I had the stiff up
top plate and everthing else was stock.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Thank you too Pucho for the info.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally posted by Scrad
Alex Lopez, I tried your setup that you (Pucho) posted earlier in the thread on my T1R and it worked pretty good. Best carpet setup I've tried yet.

I broke my only set of 6 degree hubs, so I put the 3 on instead and left the dive at 0. I changed the front spring to the dark blue. The car is very good, but running mod so I would like more on power steering mid to exit. The rear end could be a touch better. I was thinking about moving the front links up a hole or moving the rear link. Or possibly going to 6 degrees by adding 3 dive.

Please let me know what you think. I just want to try something small since the car is so close already. Thanks.
Scrad,
I've done a similar thing when I was out of the 6* hubs. I ran 3* hubs and 3* kickup. There was VERY little difference that I could feel between the two. I felt the 6*hubs alone had a bit more steering. Now that I'm stocked on parts, I'm back to the 6* hubs.

Blake
Old 01-22-2004, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: push

Originally posted by Dr Smooth
Alex that was a fast reply, I guess that
why you are fast on the track, my setup
was voilet front spring and lite blue rear,
30wt oil all around, camber 2deg all around, my droop front was 3deg and
rear 4deg, p/o tire front and mengenta rear, car height 4.5mm, I had the stiff up
top plate and everthing else was stock.
I say try Violets all the way around, and reduce your camber in the rear to 1.5* and see how that works that should improve your steering.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey joneser-before you give up on your Xray-drive mine this Sunday. I will be testing it out tonight. Too bad I dont have a body for it!! MIght be painting a white on white fade tonight at track

ANyways-this is literally stiffer than a XXXS or Tc3 by far!!!
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-built1.jpg  
Old 01-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Also Eric, I am going to try and do bump stop for the steering too. Dont know if I'll have it done by tnight though. I checked my servo saver spring and mine is brand new. Its definately not as strong as on other cars.

I hope I dont break anyparts tonight too. I only have a couple of spares for the arms and c-hubs right now.

Heres a pic from bottom. NO cutouts and 3mm Carbon = super-duper stiff car!!

Ray
Old 01-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Ooops-forgot the pic.

pucho or Alex-did you guys run the Xray with 7mm of shims in front of rear arms at Cleveland? If yes-thats almost exactly the same as the wheelbase on the Tc3.

I also used antisieze compound on every screw going into aluminum. I remember all the seized screws from the last time I owned one of these cars. Their was a lot of discussion about this before. Was there any issues stemming from using anti-seize (copper based). Just curious.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-built2.jpg  
Old 01-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Alex:

Hi,

Happyy Bday!!!!!!!!!!! gee only 19. Jason's not THAT far behind you.

we are switching to the Xray this weekend. also got a new radio too so I 'll be bugging you about setups. (see what ii get for letting him getting ahold of yours)

Pucho:

Hi,

have you gotten your Pro4 yet?????? Jason says Hi, he got a snow day today so. he's playing online (XBox) racing all day so far. good luck with your weight loss.

Ray:

Hi,

nice pics of your Xray. will be calling you about setups too. I just use any diff lube as a antiseize. works so far for us.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

That looks awesome Ray. Hurry up and get the black ones in. One thing, is the geometry on those EXACTLY the same as the stock chassis? I know the BMI chassis moved the batts forward a bit.

Blake
Old 01-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Tim-Call me-I should be callng YOU about set-ups. I really cannot race this at big events though-only the Demon1 and 2. But I LOVE Xray's for the most part. The CVD issue, siezing screws and breaking c-ubs left and right and most important-poor parts supply from Serpent i could do without though.

Blake-I hear ya!!! Brig on the black chassis!! Ths car turned out exceptionally nice-thanks. I had mucho FUN doing the chassis and battery slots.

ON the chassis-its 100% the same as the T1 layout, but with all the drill holes of an Evo2 for placement of servo-etc.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Ray,
Thanks for the info. I'll be out at the Gate next weekend to race. See ya then.

As far as breaking c-hubs, I had HUGE problems with this the first few weeks. I bought Jr Norton's old EVO2 and it had a Buds TC3 bumper installed up front. Since then, I haven't broken a single C-hub.

Blake
Old 01-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Im glad to hear everyone is taking a liking to the car.If anyone has more questions on the car,I will be mroe then happy to help.I will be 19 on the 29.Im not 19 yet,im still a kid.CRAP!!!

Ray-I did not run 7mm shims.

Dr. SMooth-Try what Pucho said and let me know how it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.