R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #5791
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally posted by JCB
Standing the shocks up, does that make them softer or harder? I thought laying the shocks down would make them softer?
You are corect but the car will be more reactive with the shocks standing up. .

Alex, Dog you should really consider coming up this week end.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #5792
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

pucho there isnt a point me coming up without sway bars right? hope i find the piece or i have to buy a new one. if have to buy a new one ima buy the wire one.
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #5793
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
pucho there isnt a point me coming up without sway bars right? hope i find the piece or i have to buy a new one. if have to buy a new one ima buy the wire one.
Yeah that's the way to go.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:54 PM   #5794
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Pucho-I wish i could go but i cant dude.I will be there next week.We have to go out for my bday man.The big 19!!!!!!!!!
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #5795
Tech Adept

Default push

Hi Alex, this is my first time on the forum
and I just want to thank you for the help
that you gave me at madness this past
weekend, you did not get my name but
I was the one that ask for the gear setup
with the stock motor, it help alot I was on
a 30 lap pace until you know, my question on the evo2 in the middle of
a turn my car would push what should
I do to get the car on point, next what
droop should I use? because I had a t1r
and the car was on point with the out of
the box setup but the evo2 you got to but a little work in any points, thank you.
Dr Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 03:12 PM   #5796
Tech Rookie

Default Editable setup sheet for C hub

Thought I saw an X-Ray setup sheet that was editable a while back but can't find it , anybody got a link to it. For C Hub.
mattlyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 03:27 PM   #5797
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Lopez
Pucho-I wish i could go but i cant dude.I will be there next week.We have to go out for my bday man.The big 19!!!!!!!!!
2 Years then I can take you out drinking Ill figure something out. I started a workout routine this week I wasn't to loose weight and look just like you Seriously I have lost 8lb Im tired of being fat!!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #5798
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: push

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Smooth
Hi Alex, this is my first time on the forum
and I just want to thank you for the help
that you gave me at madness this past
weekend, you did not get my name but
I was the one that ask for the gear setup
with the stock motor, it help alot I was on
a 30 lap pace until you know, my question on the evo2 in the middle of
a turn my car would push what should
I do to get the car on point, next what
droop should I use? because I had a t1r
and the car was on point with the out of
the box setup but the evo2 you got to but a little work in any points, thank you.
Im not Alex, Im just the guy who helps him out But you may want to try shortening your rear camber link and maybe lengthen the from one you will gane more traction up front and losen the car in the back.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:16 PM   #5799
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Dr.SMooth-Whats up man.Dont mention the help with gearing.What was your set-up.What Luis posted earlier is good,but lets try and fine tune your set0up if needed.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:51 PM   #5800
Tech Addict

Default pucho and Alex

You guys are a couple of young punks you make me feel old!

Getting a little fed up with the Xray. I continue to have the problem with the dogbone binding in the hub. I am fairly certain that it has to do with too much throw in the steering. Mr. Hudy had glued a spacer on his C hub to limit throw but I cant get anything to stick...so I made up a spacer that is screwed into the hole for the wire anti roll bar. this works great but it causes a problem when there is some suspension travel....the spacer causes the steering to lock and then you need to force it back to square. I have talked to a number of guys that are not having (or dont know it) the problem. I dont know if my servo saver is too week or servo is not strong enough during a hit. It is the top of the line digital KO. I have talked with others at our track...some better than me some not as good and they have not had a problem. I wont be beating Alex anytime soon but I am not a hack...I have been in the A at our club races for a while now....the A has some good drivers...Buran, ciccarello, etc. I dont get why I am having such a problem. Pucho...I know we found one that was a little bound up on Alex's car but have you seen any more? I am actually going to run the TC3 this weekend so I can rethink my approach to this issue. I have at least 6-8 of these that are ruined....you cant see the problem....just looses articulation. when you go to remove the sleeve from the dogbone it is basically stuck in there. I am ready to ship the car to Xray and let them go over it to see if there is something I am missing.

Alex...congrats on the TQ at last weekends race.

Pucho...good luck with the weightloss...I am living that nightmare now too. Get yourself going now it will make life much easier. I was skinny for the first 18 years...then morphed to muscular....then morphed to fat! I must say that Fat is the hardest of the three to deal with! Hopefully you will be up for the Nats and we both will be down a few!

Later, Eric
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:08 PM   #5801
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool Parts

I'm having a problem getting parts!! I'm very upset with xray and a false
delivery date on t1m! Am I the only person having problems getting parts?
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:30 PM   #5802
Tech Addict

Default parts.

Parts have been an issue for even the best of the shops. I dont break anything on this car since I put on the aluminum Chubs so its not an issue for me but I recently ordered a few backups and some misc. stuff. Lookup Ashfordhobby.com and give Robert a call. He had received a big shipment recently. Alex's family owns a shop as well and from what I hear, they usually have a good selection.

Eric
Old 01-21-2004, 08:36 PM   #5803
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the other problem you are seeing with xray parts is that serpent is the sole importer and right now they have a big shipment from overseas tied up in customs with no date of release.

I know horizon will be a distributor, but serpent is still the sole US importer

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:47 PM   #5804
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool Parts

Yes the problem is serpent (I think they don't care) All parts and kits are air
freight in ( so something is BS). But why is xray so poor on delivery date on
T1M!
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:53 PM   #5805
Tech Addict

Default flbugboy

email them.....I had a few comments for them concerning the part issue and a few other topics so I emailed them. I received an email from Mario Hudy a few days later. he said the part issue should be cleared up soon. I was told by someone in the business that part of the issue was down at serpent usa. A certain person there is not listening to people when it comes to the demand of xray cars. that is a contributing factor to the lack of kits in the US earlier this year.