Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

True R/C Racing-It is just better all around to use the low ratio pulleys.Make the car freer.I really never noticed a downside/
Old 01-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

True R/C Racing-It is just better all around to use the low ratio pulleys.Make the car freer.I really never noticed a downside/
Old 01-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Alright. Alex u running plaids n purples? Or tans...double pinks? those are the choices ive heard.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

True R/C Racing-At the January Jam race last weekend(which i Tqued)I started off with Plaids and Purples.But i decided to try Cyans and Magentas,im glad i did that because i thought that choice of tire was the best.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

alright Man. GRacias Alex.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

I just got my T1R last week and am loving it. I'm running an MVP and it screams! Anyways, i ran it on a small and low traction track, but lack on power steering and the rear breaks loose very easily. Any suggestions on set up? Right now, it has the stock set up.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Cutting teeth off pulleys and belts?

Alex,

Have you tried cutting teeth off of the belts and pulleys? I saw where Cyrul did this to help free up the car. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Old 01-20-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

hay whats up crash.........................john malin did that to his car and man for a belt drive car its really free and it did not skip the belts in mod so i think that it will be safe to try..........................if i ran that car i would do it but i still have him covered with my warpspeed demon
Old 01-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default is this possible?

Originally posted by paulc
Again my layshaft bearings siezed up on me. This time on both ends, I ended up melting both plastic bearing holders.

Any remedies? The belts arent that stiff to cause much stress on the layshaft.
i just got an idea, but i'm not so sure if it's gonna work.. has anyone tried to replace the plastic bearing holder on the center layshaft with a flanged bearing? it'll be something like the T1, only with bigger outer diameter flanged type ones. atleast the one next to the motor endbell. if anyone had tried this before, can you give the size of the bearing? i know someone will come up with "bigger rotating mass issue" because of the bigger size bearing, but i don't care! as long as it fixes the melting problem.. thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: is this possible?

Originally posted by rcprix
i just got an idea, but i'm not so sure if it's gonna work.. has anyone tried to replace the plastic bearing holder on the center layshaft with a flanged bearing? it'll be something like the T1, only with bigger outer diameter flanged type ones. atleast the one next to the motor endbell. if anyone had tried this before, can you give the size of the bearing? i know someone will come up with "bigger rotating mass issue" because of the bigger size bearing, but i don't care! as long as it fixes the melting problem.. thanks in advance!
How are you going to get the bearing to stay on the bulkhead?
Old 01-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Cutting teeth off pulleys and belts?

Originally posted by CRASH
Have you tried cutting teeth off of the belts and pulleys? I saw where Cyrul did this to help free up the car. Any thoughts on this?
Crash, there are some Losi drivers out here that do that to their belts, and it does free up the drivetrain. I thought about doing it, but the belt material is different than the losi car. I find it easier to just loosen the belts via the eccentric hubs.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: is this possible?

Originally posted by rcprix
Perhaps allignment of the layshaft might be an issue. Normally the bearings are pretty good and last a long time if it's assembled correctly.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Alex Lopez, I tried your setup that you (Pucho) posted earlier in the thread on my T1R and it worked pretty good. Best carpet setup I've tried yet.

I broke my only set of 6 degree hubs, so I put the 3 on instead and left the dive at 0. I changed the front spring to the dark blue. The car is very good, but running mod so I would like more on power steering mid to exit. The rear end could be a touch better. I was thinking about moving the front links up a hole or moving the rear link. Or possibly going to 6 degrees by adding 3 dive.

Please let me know what you think. I just want to try something small since the car is so close already. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ok guys,i just wanted to let you know that my new chassis kit has been tested and proven.it is unbelievable.they are going to be available friday.the price is going to be $79.99 plus shipping.here is a pic of the aqua kit.it is going to be available in standard black,titanium color,blue and aqua.other colors will follow.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-aqua-xray.jpg  
Old 01-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Scrad-For more on power steering,stand your shocks up.Try some kick-up in the front as well.You might want to try different springs as well.Let me know what you think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.