R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-16-2004, 07:12 AM   #5701
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry...wrong term...I guess that the axle carriers (pivot ball..not C-hub) in the Evo2 have supposedly been upgraded from the T1, (according to the Evo2 leaflet on the Xray site)

One big thing that has me considering the Evo2 upgrade is the 6-cell chassis...beign able to run a 6-cell side-by-side stick vs. saddles seems like it would be nice...and they show it as an option...I jsut don't know how they'd balance the car with that setup?

any other feedback? All help is appreciated. Looking at the price the upgrade kit is being offered for, I'm almost considering picking it up just for the sake of having a spare chassis available.

Last edited by Windsorguy99; 01-16-2004 at 07:31 AM.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 07:21 AM   #5702
Tech Adept

I'm seriously considering an evo2 foc as well. Can anyone tell me if the instruction manual includes some basic ballpark settings that is for asphalt? I don't wanna experiment from stratch.
rcethilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 07:25 AM   #5703
Tech Elite

Xray has a huge database of setups available on their VIP area on mytsn.com

Included with your Xray will be a VIP Access number that will open up the full forums and give you access to the setups, e-shop, and larger forums that are monitored by the engineers at Xray.

It's a nice setup and will give you the information you're looking for for recommended setups for any surface.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:26 AM   #5704
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

www.mytsn has setups for anything you would want.

In my opinion, no one (at least around here) is using the Pillow Ball suspension. From what I've heard, It's difficult to setup right but is very durable.

If I were to start over, I would probably buy a T1R and go from there.

I wish XRay would just offer a c-hub only version of the EVO2.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 07:45 AM   #5705
Tech Adept

Windsorguy thankyou. But is the 'database' an official thing from XRay or is it some forum where people post and share their personal settings like this forum here?
Old 01-16-2004, 07:50 AM   #5706
Tech Elite

A little bit of both...there is a general setup area on the main site...and in the VIP area there are setups for the car by the team drivers for various races on various circuits...

I've never raced TC and there is enough information available, and the quality of the kits is high enough that I'm going X-ray and not even thinking twice about it.

I've assembled kits from a lot of different manufacturers...and I've never seen anything that compared to the quality of fit and finish, clean layout and organised instructions that my Xray M18 had.

After hearing that quality, fit and finish are HIGHER on their other cars, and downloading the instructions and setup guides to see that their quality is also super...and then seeing all the information available online and the speed at which you get a response to technical questions....for me there's no other choice
Old 01-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #5707
Tech Adept

That will be cool. Thanks again for your prompt replies Windsorguy. Catch you later. I'm going to my lhs now!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:09 AM   #5708
Tech Elite

I'll be goign to my local track in about 2 hours....I'm buying a used T1....fraction of the price of the new kit...but still like new and still more advanced than most other kits ont he market...

I just couldn't see trying to justify to my wife why I need a new high $$$ TC when I won't get to race it often locally...
Old 01-16-2004, 08:20 AM   #5709
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

O.k.,try not to laugh too loud. I still have pivot ball suspension and looking for a decent set-up for a carpet race I'll be going to.I'm too cheap to spend the extra cash so please help!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:26 AM   #5710
Tech Elite

I don't know why people are migrating away from pivot ball....eeryone went to pivotball because it was so tuneable....

and now I'm guessing they're moving away for the same reason? Too tricky to adjust all the settings?

I plan on relying on my trusty digital caliper to help me put things where they belong

Last edited by Windsorguy99; 01-19-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:32 AM   #5711
Tech Elite

Windsorguy99,
Stick with the Saddle packs. They are a pain in the rear but they do serve a VERY useful purpose. With the saddle packs, the car is balanced. I was amazed at just how balanced.

I got a set of the HUDY chassis balancing tools and dropped my previously unbalanced EVO2 on it. PERFECT right off! Guess I spent $10 for nothing but glad to know it's right.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:33 AM   #5712
Tech Elite

For setup, get the integy setup station. That will help immensely setting up the pivot ball suspension.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:40 AM   #5713
Tech Elite

Thanks for the heads up on the saddles..I know that Saddles should seriously help with balance...I just figured that if they are making 6-cell stick an option that there may have been a way to still get everything close...I was hoping to be lazy and run the same packs for my Xray and possibly a T4 come spring....batteries add up FAST!

I have to pick up a set of those balancing tools...they look pretty sweet...and I noticed that my M18 also has the balancing holes in the chassis as well...

I'm a firm believer that if I can't drive..I may as well try and TQ the bench races
Old 01-16-2004, 09:35 AM   #5714
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Thanks for the heads up on the saddles..I know that Saddles should seriously help with balance...I just figured that if they are making 6-cell stick an option that there may have been a way to still get everything close...I was hoping to be lazy and run the same packs for my Xray and possibly a T4 come spring....batteries add up FAST!

I have to pick up a set of those balancing tools...they look pretty sweet...and I noticed that my M18 also has the balancing holes in the chassis as well...

I'm a firm believer that if I can't drive..I may as well try and TQ the bench races
You can still use the same packs, just make sure the bridge wire in the saddle pack is long enough so you can bend it back to a straight style pack.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:18 PM   #5715
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Any of you have pic's of a GT7 or quantum mounted in your T1r's that are mounted flat with a xxl? I thought the evo2 was sort on space. Just trying to figure out how I should mount my stuff. I also noticed that the T1R doesn't have all of the small perks like the evo2 does.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote