R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #5686
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Ian,
Can you hook me up with your setup for the XRay? I'm probably going to make the trip out to the Gate on the 1st. I've got a setup that's worked PERFECT for me at Ultra. If that's good I should be fine.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:16 PM   #5687
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to froghead
Default EVO or T1R?

I guess I have the freedom of choice Xray. I am currently using the c hubs in front and was wondering how different (good or bad) the car handles with the optional A arms front and rear?
froghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:46 PM   #5688
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have any info on Warpspeed chassis & upper plate for Xray? ie. price and availability.
alien too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:29 PM   #5689
Tech Adept

Don't know but if you go to BMI racing you can see pics of the new xray chassis that a few people will be testing out this week. Jason will have other parts and info soon
stephen Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:53 PM   #5690
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The warpspeed chassis and upper deck are being produced now. He got the first few in this week. More are on the way. E-mail Ray at [email protected]. He's doing the distributing of the chassis.

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:13 PM   #5691
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally posted by alien too
Does anyone have any info on Warpspeed chassis & upper plate for Xray? ie. price and availability.
go back one page and contact rayhuang he will give you the 411 on the warpspeed stuff.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #5692
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Pucho,

It's Rob Love. What's up brutha? Looks like the new track is coming along. That's awesome..

I was wondering... Do you have the information of the guy that paints Alex's bodies? I am hurting right now for the Birds. My guy had some family emergencies and cannot get anything done..

Rob Love
[email protected]
Old 01-15-2004, 08:23 PM   #5693
Tech Fanatic

What's up Rob? The track is coming along, it's a lot of work to put something of this magnitude together. I hope that you guys get a chance to come by when you come down. Roly did his bodies. If you do a search he goes by PaintingRoly, you can usualy find him on the FLA forum. If you can't get a hold of him drop me a line and Ill try and get you his #. Take care!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:52 PM   #5694
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scmicromike
Default Question for pucho

Pucho,
Hi this is Mike Morales I meet you this last tues. at RPM (I guess you where working on the inventory in the comp). anyway I was just hoping if you could remind Billy about sending me an application. I am not sure if he was able to get my e-mail adress to the woman who does your books. anyway thanks for any help that you can give me
scmicromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:42 PM   #5695
Tech Addict

Default servo saver and short arm question

Has anyone had there servo saver go soft? Mine feels very soft and I have nothing to compare it to. Is there a stiffer spring available?

Do you need any additional hardware to mount the short arms?
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:54 PM   #5696
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndoggie
looks to me like he didn't use a cap for his speedo!?
I recall Josh posting some time ago (on TT) that he didn't use power caps because they decreased his runtime. I don't know if that's true or not because I've read just the opposite and never tested it myself.
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:14 PM   #5697
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
I dont think so either. I have a quantum And Dont have the capaciter or heat sink. Cause Tony (Who i pit whit) Was messing with it and the capaciter wire like he bended it to much and snapped. Should I Get THat For the snowbirds? Ive been running without any for about 5 months.
I don't use one on my Quantum either, but I run stock. It's more for your batteries than the ESC. If you run modified and spend lots of time at partial throttle then it can be useful--it doesn't do anything but add weight at full throttle.
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 06:42 AM   #5698
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default T1 Upgrade to Evo2

I'm going to be buying my first touring car...and second Xray (first was an M18)...

I have a line on a used T1 in great shape. I see that there is an upgrade kit to bring the T1 to EVO2 specs (not FoC though)...Is there anyone who could help me out with reasons I should or should not look at making this change...or for that matter..anyone that HAS done this upgrade?

What all was included in the kit? According to the spec sheet on the Evo2 it had new chassis, bulkheads, shocks, towers, hub carriers and some other misc. parts....yet on some Ebay auctions I see a couple of the Ebay shops indicating it's 'common knowledge' that the T1 is a better chassis than the Evo2?

Any feedback on this would be GREATLY appreciated...I don't want to drive 45 minutes to our local track to run 1 class (12th scale)...the TC will give me my second class to run and I'm anxious to get things rolling and hit the carpet !!
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 06:50 AM   #5699
Tech Regular

Windsorguy99-
T1 better than Evo 2? depends on who you ask. I personally have a Evo 2. Love it. The T1 has a stiffer chassis. The rest of the parts are basically the same. You mentioned hub carriers, the kit might be for c-hub.. I run pivot ball on my Evo 2. The T1 came as pivot ball. I run pivot ball on carpet and have had great success. I run a very stiff car on carpet. Hope this helps.
soon2bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 07:06 AM   #5700
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Question for pucho

Quote:
Originally posted by scmicromike
Pucho,
Hi this is Mike Morales I meet you this last tues. at RPM (I guess you where working on the inventory in the comp). anyway I was just hoping if you could remind Billy about sending me an application. I am not sure if he was able to get my e-mail adress to the woman who does your books. anyway thanks for any help that you can give me
Hey Mike Ill remind him.

Quote:
Originally posted by Joneser
Has anyone had there servo saver go soft? Mine feels very soft and I have nothing to compare it to. Is there a stiffer spring available?

Do you need any additional hardware to mount the short arms/
Erik, I have never seen one personaly or herd of it but I wouldn't doubt it. I don't know of any optional stifer springs. Short arms...the only thing I can think about you may need some of the #2 arm mounts (the ones that the hinge pin hole does not go through, it's solid at one end like the rear ones) and some of the shorter hinge pins for the front (instead of the ones for the ones used for the blade) that should be it.