R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-25-2003, 10:30 AM   #5491
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Partial Paralysis

Quote:
Originally posted by milf
Hey all, My friend Sherman, aka "MILF" wanted me to let all Xray fans know. He wanted me to post this. Sherman was a very die hard racer, and you all might not remember when he was on the boards. Sherman is "Partial Paralysis" Let's take a moment and pray for Sherman, and a speedy recovery. He's a dare friend of mine's.
Partial paralysis? What happened to him?
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 10:39 AM   #5492
Tech Rookie

Default Sherman

During this joyous occasion let us take time to remember those who are ill, are alone and unable to enjoy this special time of year with family and friends.

Our dear friend and co-racer Sherman Lee is confined to bed after a serious injury to his back that has left him partially paralyzed.

Let us say a prayer for his speedy recovery and if the means be within your power please brighten his day by giving him a call and letting him know that you care.

witchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 03:26 PM   #5493
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't know Sherman, but he has my best wishes.

I need some help guys, I can't find anywhere to buy some pinion gears for my new T1. Ok, I can find them at the XShop deal, but they want $10 shipping on ONE pinion gear!! Stormer doesn't seem to carry them (thought its hard to tell with their terrible search engine), Horizon is out of all parts for XRays and I've searched in google but no luck.
psbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 03:30 PM   #5494
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by psbarger
I don't know Sherman, but he has my best wishes.

I need some help guys, I can't find anywhere to buy some pinion gears for my new T1. Ok, I can find them at the XShop deal, but they want $10 shipping on ONE pinion gear!! Stormer doesn't seem to carry them (thought its hard to tell with their terrible search engine), Horizon is out of all parts for XRays and I've searched in google but no luck.
You can buy pinion gears just about anywhere.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:04 PM   #5495
Tech Regular

Default Question

Hey, whick is better? Pivotball suspension or c-hub suspension? and why?

Steve
fowlerJr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 09:09 PM   #5496
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
You can buy pinion gears just about anywhere.
Yeah I know, I was looking for X Ray brand ones. Since I can't seem to find any will this work: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX3095&P=7 ??

Thanks for the help.
psbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 09:18 PM   #5497
Tech Elite

Just buy some robinson racing pinions or something, those will do fine.

Last edited by AWOLsoldier; 12-26-2003 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:42 PM   #5498
B4
Tech Addict

Default Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by fowlerJr68

Steve
If your only going to run on carpet than c-hub has an advantage, but on tar pivot ball is better. In my case i'm running on both so I can live with a comprimise on carpet and just run the pivot ball.
Now if you read some of the info coming from the team drivers it is not conclusive which is the winning setup. As with all the things you can change it really comes down to the driver and how well you read the track. A good driver will win with either setup so you need to find what feels natural to you and get the best out of it.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 10:18 PM   #5499
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by fowlerJr68

Steve
I also run the pivot ball on carpet, and I don't give up anything to the XXXSs and TC3s that also run at my track. I think that c-hub is preferred because before the T1 there were very few if any pro level cars that used a pivot ball suspension. C-hub suspensions were what everyone was used to, which is why I think the T1 had such a bad rap in the beginning with people saying it was difficult to setup. My first R/C car was an Impulse so the pivot ball suspension is like second nature to me. Like B4 said a good driver will win with either setup, so it may depend on who at your track you get advice and support from. If they are c-hub savy then they may suggest you convert. If they like the pivot ball then they can help you dial in with what you have.
Impulse_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:04 PM   #5500
Tech Regular

Since we are on the Pivot Ball subject. Does anyone have any Pivot Ball Carpet setups? Do the Pivotball suspension cars need anything special done to them for carpet? I have no C- Hubs like everyone else right now and am going to be running on carpet next week.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2003, 11:17 PM   #5501
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

Quote:
Originally posted by ultragraffics
Since we are on the Pivot Ball subject. Does anyone have any Pivot Ball Carpet setups? Do the Pivotball suspension cars need anything special done to them for carpet? I have no C- Hubs like everyone else right now and am going to be running on carpet next week.

Thanks
have you looked on mytsn for any setups? you will probably have to go deep into the setups as most use the c hub for carpet, but c hubs were not avaliable when the car came out.
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:19 PM   #5502
Tech Regular

I had started looking on MyTSN. Just didnt get too deep as you said because most are for C - Hub. I will do some more searching. I just wanted to see if anyone had any that may be newer and have been running it for a bit..

Thanks
Old 12-26-2003, 11:37 PM   #5503
Tech Elite

Quote:
I had started looking on MyTSN. Just didnt get too deep as you said because most are for C - Hub. I will do some more searching. I just wanted to see if anyone had any that may be newer and have been running it for a bit..

Thanks
Try this one brother... http://www.mytsn.com/setups/setup.asp?sid=788

Might help you out... just google for xray t1 carpet setups. I emailed the admin to switch ownership of the vip card so you can log on. I'll let you know what he says.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:54 AM   #5504
B4
Tech Addict

Quote:

Thanks
Hi ultragraffics,

You will find a wealth of setup info in the xray vip room on mytsn. This will atleast give you a starting point which is all anyone can really offer no matter what they may claim.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 04:57 AM   #5505
Tech Regular

Quote:

Thanks
Pucho has a setup for c-hub that turned out to be pretty good for pillow ball too. The 6 degree caster blocks don't apply but most everything else does. It is here on page 177. It maybe a good setup for you to start with.
Impulse_racer is offline   Reply With Quote