R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2002, 09:20 AM   #526
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KenSmith Send a message via Yahoo to KenSmith
Smile looking for a kit...

I am also looking for an X-Ray....just sold some stuff and want this car!!! I would prefer to build my own, but would consider assemble (but unrun or mint car).
Also ...does anyone know what the *free gift* that they are offering with new kits on X-Shop?
Thanks,
Ken
KenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 01:32 PM   #527
Joe
Tech Regular

KenSmith, the free gift is a Hudy mod motor. I don't think you can find any of the Xray kits with the tools and setup stuff, that was only the first and second batches of the car.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 01:36 PM   #528
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Kaliboy: Is there any website providing coverage of the race? Tell us more bits and pieces.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:51 PM   #529
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kaliboy

I'm not sure if the website has been updated yet but go to www.rctrack.com for more info.
Kaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 05:20 PM   #530
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Kaliboy, thanks. If you look at the finishing times, I finished 4 seconds behind BK. I did just what I intended to do, make the show. To finish 4th over all felt pretty good. If my motor didn't go away half way through, I might have been able to catch BK. My car was completely dialed with one exception, not enough ackerman. I'm going to make a small graphite piece to try and see if it helps. It has to. The car on carpet with foams scrubs way to much speed. I ran alot of toe out and got the same affect as the increased ackerman and the car freed up alot in the turns and made it feel 1/12 scaleish. I'll post my set-up on the TSN site soon.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 09:54 PM   #531
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Yes it was a very good show at the Trinity 2k2 race, I am very proud of all the Xray T1 drivers.

Jeff, just think, a few weeks ago you wanted to give up on the T1, now you have taken the time to start from scratch and learn how the car handles each adjustment, and how to use each adjustment properly. I am very proud of you for doing this, now if we can just get all the drivers who are having problems to do this

Look at Greg Heckert, I did not help him one bit, he learned the car all on his own. He knew he was going to have to learn the car like it was his first RC, becuase this car is not like anything else on the market. Greg was up to the challange and he did so even though he was using "substandard" batteries and motors. If Greg ever gets himself some of those "team" batteries and motors, he will be one hard driver to beat.
Even though he talks to much j/k

Seriously Jeff, Look at where you where a few months ago, and look at where you are now. You should be darn proud of yourself, you have been improving every week. I know you could have done better at the race, and I am sure you know it as well, but sometimes others feel it necessary to punt you around....

As for Arv, well..........Arv is Arv He is always going to be the one everyone wants to beat. That should mean a lot to him as well. Arv will always be the person you can go to for help, he will always be the person in the center of the circle. Arv is needed more than I think he knows, the next time anyone here see's Arv, go up and give him a really big hug and a nice wet kiss on the cheek

I look forward to the snowbird race, I would like to meet everyone there. I will not be racing myself, I will be in the pits wrenching. If anyone here that is going needs any help, just ask, I am sure I will not be a hard person to find.
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 09:13 PM   #532
Tech Regular

Guys, let's vote for our Xray at http://www.rczone.net/
Just for fun of it
Old 01-08-2002, 10:04 PM   #533
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally posted by MissX
Guys, let's vote for our Xray at http://www.rczone.net/
Just for fun of it
There was no hanging chad or dimple on my vote. XRAY is ahead!
Old 01-09-2002, 07:16 PM   #534
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just purchased a T1, and incredibly happy with the quality and build of the car.

We race on Concrete with rubber tires, and i am having trouble getting enough mid speed steering, i have added the one way, but the rest of the setup is as per manual.

Can anyone suggest some changes to regain steering?
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:51 AM   #535
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

INcrease caster and try a stiffer spring.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 08:13 PM   #536
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Just got done building the XRay. WOW, talk about precision. I also was impressed with the instructions and set up book. Hudy has definately raised the bar for the competition. Cant wait to run it on the track.
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 08:58 PM   #537
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Quote:
Originally posted by spongebob
Just got done building the XRay. WOW, talk about precision. I also was impressed with the instructions and set up book. Hudy has definately raised the bar for the competition. Cant wait to run it on the track.

Yep, it's the "BEST" crafted touring sedan there is. As well as the "BEST" instruction manual and tuning guide.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 07:50 PM   #538
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

So where does everyone order parts online from?
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:34 PM   #539
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kaliboy

Give Buster a call @ 703-430-2202. He works at Rider's Hobby shop. Tell him Jeff sent you.
Kaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 11:13 PM   #540
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Hello "spongebob",

There are many racer's from MN that are ordering parts from me. I guess it is becuase Dave Kurschner is spreading the word!

Good Ole' Dave is just pushing for a "Rider's Hobby" sponsorship! He tells me that he is the best driver in a 200 mile radius of MN, is this true guys??? hehehe j/k

Seriously though, get Dave to help you out on what parts or upgrades will be usefull for your track. If he won't, let me know and I will put a size 12 boot you know where

I think Dave should just open his own Hobby shop, he is one of the few people out there that will help, and enjoy's helping as well.

Dave even bought a bunch of parts from me today, just so he would have them incase another racer broke at the track, AND he is not even going to sell them for more than he paid for them! WHAT A GUY!!!!!!

BTW, I am starting a "sponsorship for Dave" fund raising event. If anyone would like to donate please see Dave at your local track.

Last edited by Buster Bennett; 01-11-2002 at 11:36 PM.
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote