Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2003, 10:03 PM   #5311
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by sands
Do you do this by drilling a new rear hole - so you have two sets like the rear bulkheads?
Yes but it must be done on a drill press. If you get them off a little you will have different caster on both sides- making for a VERY tweaked car.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:19 AM   #5312
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

BDR :: When did you make the change from Schu to Xray? You have to make a trip to Dallas (MikesHobbyShop) and race on our new carpet track.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:47 AM   #5313
Tech Adept

Pucho

This is Tim from Cleveland (the guy with the kid who didn' say too much)
I did get a Xray. in process of building it when I'm not working . anyway thanks for posting Alex's setup I will use this as a starting point for Jason.
I will be e maling you when I get a chance many questions on the Xray.
It was nice meeting you at Cleveland and seeing Alex and his dad again. to bad I live so far away I'd love to comedown and race with you guys ( you could take Jason to school on the track too!!!!!!)

Thanks
Fakk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:03 AM   #5314
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Yes but it must be done on a drill press. If you get them off a little you will have different caster on both sides- making for a VERY tweaked car.
i actually have access to a mill, a bit more accurate then a drill press!

thanks for the clarification.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:16 PM   #5315
Tech Adept

Default Freedom of Choice Edition

So, where can I find one of these mail-order in the US?

Thanks,
John
jcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:48 PM   #5316
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

John C:

Switching camps????
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 11:50 PM   #5317
Tech Adept

Last edited by JohnnyRingo; 12-07-2003 at 01:02 AM.
JohnnyRingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 04:23 PM   #5318
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by TimXLB
John C:

Switching camps????
Nah. I love my BMI chassis but the quality of the components on the XRAY is just incredible. It certainly is an eye catcher for someone that appreciates quality. I may pick one up just to play with. How bout you?

John
jcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:13 PM   #5319
Tech Adept

John:

Hi,

I already have one for my son to run. I just have to find the time to build it and set it up. and time to get to the track to race too.....

we went today he TQed and won with the TC3 in stock.

with only minior changes to the posted setup.

Thanks
Fakk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:55 PM   #5320
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by RCCadet
BDR :: When did you make the change from Schu to Xray? You have to make a trip to Dallas (MikesHobbyShop) and race on our new carpet track.
Cadet- I actually didn't switch..per se... I sold my Missions to get ready for the Mission2 to come out and bought an EVO3 Surikarn in the meantime, but I didn't want to run the EVO3S on asphalt so I bought a used T1R to run asphalt. I really like both cars but I love the EVO3S. It's fast and strong now that we fixed the oneway ring gear stripping problem. I'm just having fun running different cars but it's expensive. I sold a ton of stuff to buy new cars earlier this year.

Don't worry- we are coming to run the new carpet track FO SHO!!! I have every intention of rolling Toasty's little skinny self up like biscuit dough!! LMAO nod:
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 10:07 PM   #5321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Cadet- I actually didn't switch..per se... I sold my Missions to get ready for the Mission2 to come out and bought an EVO3 Surikarn in the meantime, but I didn't want to run the EVO3S on asphalt so I bought a used T1R to run asphalt. I really like both cars but I love the EVO3S. It's fast and strong now that we fixed the oneway ring gear stripping problem. I'm just having fun running different cars but it's expensive. I sold a ton of stuff to buy new cars earlier this year.

Don't worry- we are coming to run the new carpet track FO SHO!!! I have every intention of rolling Toasty's little skinny self up like biscuit dough!! LMAO nod:
What'd you do to fix the oneway stripping problem???
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:27 AM   #5322
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally posted by Fakk2
Pucho

This is Tim from Cleveland (the guy with the kid who didn' say too much)
I did get a Xray. in process of building it when I'm not working . anyway thanks for posting Alex's setup I will use this as a starting point for Jason.
I will be e maling you when I get a chance many questions on the Xray.
It was nice meeting you at Cleveland and seeing Alex and his dad again. to bad I live so far away I'd love to comedown and race with you guys ( you could take Jason to school on the track too!!!!!!)

Thanks
Hey Tim:

It was great meeting you guys too. Feel free to drop me a line whenever [email protected] Hope you guys do well with the car.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:29 AM   #5323
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally posted by jcrouse
Nah. I love my BMI chassis but the quality of the components on the XRAY is just incredible. It certainly is an eye catcher for someone that appreciates quality. I may pick one up just to play with. How bout you?

John
The FOC is in back order right now but try TQ hobbies (407) 339-1899
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #5324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default X-Ray Evo 2

I have just acquired an Evo 2 in a trade. I am looking for a carpet set-up on foams with the pivot ball suspension. Any help would be great.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:53 PM   #5325
Tech Regular

Default Xray Parts Stocking Dealers

I am going to be passing through Los Angeles area later this week. I was wondering if there are any shops that stock Xray parts there? Maybe SoCal? Who has a permanent onroad track so I can get a little practice on the way through?
Thx
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote