R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2001, 01:40 PM   #511
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those interested, the new chassis should be available in Feb. Listed below is a reply from an email I sent.

Somewhere in February. Check VIP Room at www.myTSN.com in a short time.

If I can help you in any other way just let me know.

Kindest regards

XRAY MODEL RACING CARS
www.teamxray.com
[email protected]

T:h:e:::a:r:t:::f:::e:r:f:r:m:a:n:c:e:::...

Is the new chassis available yet? Rumors are circulating that new kits
have included this chassis. If not available yet, when will it be?
Thanks!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 01:32 AM   #512
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner

We don't care? Hey some conversation is better than none as long as its not negative.

I have to second that about Buster. From the time I've spent talking with him, he's one of the most friendly and customer service oriented people I've dealt with from a hobby shop. Not to say that there aren't alot of great and helpful people in R/C but Buster's gone the extra mile for me whenever he can. It means alot to me and it deserves mention on this thread in my opinion.

Keep up the good work and great representation of XRay products Buster.
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 04:30 AM   #513
Tech Master

Hi Dave,

Have you moved to one of these Corally copies?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 10:19 AM   #514
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
Hi Dave,

Have you moved to one of these Corally copies?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
RUN..... someones thrown a 'bomb' into the Xray forum!!!!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 06:56 PM   #515
Joe
Tech Regular

Hey guys, I am selling my rear roll bar. It doesn't match my driving style. Selling for $15 shipped-bought new for $27.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 07:36 PM   #516
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

RUN..... someones thrown a 'bomb' into the Xray forum!!!!!!!
I thought he was old enough not to be such childish !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 08:55 PM   #517
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Buster, I sent you a PM.
Old 12-30-2001, 04:20 AM   #518
Tech Adept

Joe, did you try the 1 & 1.5 mm diameter?
I use 1.5 mm one my Xray and it works just fine!!
xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 12:17 PM   #519
Joe
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by xray
Joe, did you try the 1 & 1.5 mm diameter?
I use 1.5 mm one my Xray and it works just fine!!
No, just 1.5mm. I just don't like how it feels with it.
Old 12-31-2001, 09:05 AM   #520
Tech Adept

Cool

Well, ran the xray for the first time in about a month. I am selling it now. It just couldn't hang with all the other cars...... NO I'm just joking. Actually it was faster straight line than any of the cars out there. I kept running into the back of them on the straight sections of the track. HP belts all around with double one-ways. WOW. I also tried the roll bridge. It seemed to make the rear a little looser when I dropped down to the lower hole. This may have been due to the track getting cold though so I will test today for sure. I am running some Sorex belted tires and they didn't work very well in warmer weather, but when the track is cold killer. 12 runs on them and they still have the mold line in them. OK, the car was fast as I said before, but I just needed more time on the wheel to get used to driving again. All I could muster was fourth in the B. The top driver in the A to the middle of the B was a diff of 8 secs on an 11 sec track. I qualified 3rd in the B. Had an absolute blast. Ok I'm done babbling. Hopefully it stops raining so I can run my gas car now.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:00 PM   #521
Tech Adept

ttt
Old 01-02-2002, 05:55 PM   #522
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

What happened Damo? Did the thread fall too far down the list?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years bash! I stayed home and kept warm.

I haven't run the car in a long time and hope to do some carpet racing in the next few weeks before the asphalt races start Jan 27th. I have an airline buddy making new graphite parts like the bumper brace for starters. He is going to make four of them exactly like the original. The graphite is stronger and lighter than the aluminum used for the Boeing 777. As a matter of fact the 777 is fitted with more of the graphite than the aluminum now. This grade of graphite is better than what the car currently has, supposedly. I will find out soon enough.

I ordered Pit 24R tires for carpet racing, any input on that? I also decided to order the roll center bridge so I will have that to play with.

L8r.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:22 PM   #523
Joe
Tech Regular

ttt
Old 01-07-2002, 04:27 AM   #524
Tech Adept

Anyone know where I might find an Xray with Hudy setup and tools?? I am getting back into touring cars ( my first elec.) after trying offroad for a year. I sold my gas touring stuff last year including my set-up stuff. Any help would be appreciated and I am looking forward to my new car
wilson10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 06:46 AM   #525
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kaliboy
Default NEWS FLASH!!!!!

After a long weekend at the Trinity Challenge at The Track in Gaithersburg, MD, I'm glad it's all over. The T1 made a good showing in both mod and stock classes. One of our local drivers, BK, put the T1 in the 3rd spot in stock and ended up finishing 3rd in the main less than a second behind the 2nd spot. Also wanted to mention that he had less than 2 weeks to prepare this car. Me and Arv also managed to qual in the B main. I was on a run that would have possibly put me into the final pos in the A, but I managed to park the car into the boards with less than a minute. Arv also had a real strong shot at the A but I think he got into trouble with lap traffic. Also, GT4-R Terror also managed to make the show in stock. Great job to all the T1 drivers this weekend.

Mario: Brian did a really great job, very smooth but lacked the power that the sponsored guys had. Hope to see you down at Snowbirds. Buster, Brian, me and Arv will be driving down and should be there sometime wed evening.

Jeff

Last edited by Kaliboy; 01-07-2002 at 11:49 AM.
Kaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote