Xray T1

Reply

Old 11-10-2003, 11:29 AM
  #5116  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Scrad
I've only recently start having problems with breaking the C hubs. It always breaks on the bottom where the spindle sits and its always been the front right hub. I've bent 2 dog bones lately and 3 hubs in the last 2 race days, so I'd also like to know how this mod works. I can't justify spending $50 bucks on aluminum hubs. I'd be afraid they would bend also. I don't have a problem spending 4 bucks, but that adds up too.
the Aluminum C-hubs is a worth while investement... I've taken alot of hard hits...and never had a problem with them bending. Gives me peace of mind... I know that nothing will go wrong...and will finish the race.
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:30 AM
  #5117  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey I just picked up a T1 NIB for $175... am i retarded or is this still a good chassis? I'm waiting for the cuda R3 but I still need something to run till it comes out. Any advice for this older T1?
JusBox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:34 AM
  #5118  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

T1 is still a great car... easily converted to Evo2.
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:38 AM
  #5119  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Scrad
I've only recently start having problems with breaking the C hubs. It always breaks on the bottom where the spindle sits and its always been the front right hub. I've bent 2 dog bones lately and 3 hubs in the last 2 race days, so I'd also like to know how this mod works. I can't justify spending $50 bucks on aluminum hubs. I'd be afraid they would bend also. I don't have a problem spending 4 bucks, but that adds up too.
Scrad,

When I had composit C-hubs I too also broke the C-hub portion and never the knuckle. I got fed up of breaking those along with bending 22 dollar dog bones so I ponied up for the alum c-hub in front. Never had a bent or broken part since they went on. It's a justification well spent unless you want to continue to break it and end the race early...which i dont think you want to. You won't need the alum knuckle, just the C-hub portion. Hope this helps.

John
John Fontaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:42 AM
  #5120  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Hey I just picked up a T1 NIB for $175... am i retarded or is this still a good chassis? I'm waiting for the cuda R3 but I still need something to run till it comes out. Any advice for this older T1?
imho-the T1 chassis is far superior to the evo2 chassis for racing on carpet w/ foam tires. Consider yourself lucky to find a brand new t1 chassis!! If you keep it mint and dont warp-it-I am sure you'll have no problems selling it later.
rayhuang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:46 AM
  #5121  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by rayhuang
imho-the T1 chassis is far superior to the evo2 chassis for racing on carpet w/ foam tires. Consider yourself lucky to find a brand new t1 chassis!! If you keep it mint and dont warp-it-I am sure you'll have no problems selling it later.
No carpet in my town but i'll be using it on asphault... the hobby shop i go to still has two T1s but they want 300 for them. I'm buying this one out of the classifieds. Can't wait to put it together, i love shiny new toys.
JusBox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:47 AM
  #5122  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
No carpet in my town but i'll be using it on asphault... the hobby shop i go to still has two T1s but they want 300 for them. I'm buying this one out of the classifieds. Can't wait to put it together, i love shiny new toys.
Don't forget the AE chassis protector..
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 AM
  #5123  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
No carpet in my town but i'll be using it on asphault... the hobby shop i go to still has two T1s but they want 300 for them. I'm buying this one out of the classifieds. Can't wait to put it together, i love shiny new toys.
No Carpet? You poor, poor racer!!
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:54 AM
  #5124  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
No Carpet? You poor, poor racer!!
Every town I seem to live in has nothing cool like carpet tracks or anything of interest. I'm trying to scheme up a way to open a track but being poor it's not going to be easy.
JusBox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:56 AM
  #5125  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Maryland has a lot of good carpet racetracks! How far from you is that?
John Fontaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:58 AM
  #5126  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Maryland has a lot of good carpet racetracks! How far from you is that?
I've been to both VA and Maryland... should only be like 1-2 hours drive at the most...
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:00 PM
  #5127  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Maryland has a lot of good carpet racetracks! How far from you is that?
Oh I live in central VA near charlottesville. I go to linville hobbies (www.linvillehobbies.com) where they have a nice outdoor course. I wish i lived in manassas or virginia beach as that seems where all the action is. Maryland is right above me, about a hour drive i think.
JusBox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 03:54 PM
  #5128  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
jzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kelowna BC Canada
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hey guy,

Thanx for all your set up info. Had a great weekend at the Washington "Slug Fest". Qualified 3rd in the 'A' . Had some issues with some other cars and ended up in 5th place. Had a blast

J
jzone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:13 PM
  #5129  
Tech Initiate
 
XRaycer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorful midwest
Posts: 45
Default

Scrad- I had the same problem (I spent 200.00 for the car T1R ) and I wasn't going to spend 1/4 of the price on just C-hubs I've not had problems since I stocked up on C-hubs, Ironic huh.
XRaycer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:04 AM
  #5130  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Scrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Well I went a whole season and never broke anything on the car, but the last two race days I've broken 3 hubs, all the right side. I'd rather break the c hub over the arm, its really easy to change if it does break.
Scrad is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service