R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2003, 02:59 AM   #5071
Tech Regular

Matt, do you have end point adjustment on your radio?

there is a notch in the aluminum hub, and when you turn full lock the CV will hit on it.. i think this is the noise your hearing. If you have end point adjustment, adjust to the point where this does not happen

Rob Storey
Carbon_Fibre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:04 AM   #5072
Tech Initiate

If you are running foams, or irregular wheels to the normal 26mm/24mm ones with rubber tyres then you wheels might rub against the hubs as X-rays have larger hubs and wishbones than some other cars, this may be the problem.
You might need to file a bit out of the wheel hexes.

Hope this helps.
jonathan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #5073
Tech Regular

I need some help with my drivetrain, read on another thread that people have ridiculous light drivetrains, the drivetrain on my raycer is smooth, but how can i make it more free? I havent done anything to it, all bearings are in more than perfect condition, should i soak the belts in wd40 or something? maybe put some teflon spray on the pulleys?
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:54 AM   #5074
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
I need some help with my drivetrain, read on another thread that people have ridiculous light drivetrains, the drivetrain on my raycer is smooth, but how can i make it more free? I havent done anything to it, all bearings are in more than perfect condition, should i soak the belts in wd40 or something? maybe put some teflon spray on the pulleys?
Ceramic bearings is a huge step, but very expensive.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:02 AM   #5075
Tech Addict

If you have bearings with a teflon seal. Take off one of seals (for the hub carriers, take off only the inside) then spray liberal amounts of motor spray and possibly soak them overnight, to lossen any grease. Once all of the grease is out, lube them with 10 wt. or similar silicon oil. Some guys will not even oil them becuase that can collect dirt. Silicon is better than petrolum oil for that though. If you don't lube them, be prepared to replace them often.

The top right laysahft bearing tends to fail first. Clean that one often and have a couple of spares in your box. When that one goes (not if, but when) change it out.

Some guys will soften the belts with tire traction compound. The biggest deal to make sure that your car is clean, built square and your bearings are oiled, not greased.

Oh, yeah, don't hit the boards!

Don't worry about the shaft cars that have drivetrains that will spin forever, belt cars don't work like that. Driveline inertia matters more, and belts are very light on that.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:28 PM   #5076
Tech Fanatic

I used to have a problem with a noise when I was turning with foam tires. It was from the wheel (I'm running 28mm wide foam tires) hitting the bottom shock eyelet. So I just mounted the bottom of the shock on the inner hole in the suspension arm. If you don't want to do that you can always just adjust the endpoints. But it was easier for me to just change the shock mounting position.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:07 PM   #5077
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by sands
If you have bearings with a teflon seal. Take off one of seals (for the hub carriers, take off only the inside) then spray liberal amounts of motor spray and possibly soak them overnight, to lossen any grease. Once all of the grease is out, lube them with 10 wt. or similar silicon oil. Some guys will not even oil them becuase that can collect dirt. Silicon is better than petrolum oil for that though. If you don't lube them, be prepared to replace them often.
Tribo Power Matrix actually makes excellent bearing oil as well as being great for the comm of your motor. I use ZX-1 Microlube for all my bearings, Schumacher sell it over here, and I think Trinity's Royal Oil is pretty good too.
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:25 PM   #5078
Tech Elite

I found Tribo to be good on the comm. I wouldn't use it on bearings.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:39 PM   #5079
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So with the R2 being really popular and with a few new cars out... the rclab 7.7 pro and MI soon to be released, are the Xray cars still going strong?
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:51 PM   #5080
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yes the Xray is still going strong. The car works so well right out of the box. That is the EVO2 and the T1R, truly no hop-up parts needed.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:52 PM   #5081
Tech Addict

any ppl in here from aust i have got a evo 2 and evo 1 for sale as a packed
TheRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:52 PM   #5082
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
So with the R2 being really popular and with a few new cars out... the rclab 7.7 pro and MI soon to be released, are the Xray cars still going strong?
Xray Is making some changes to the car that will definitely keep it as one of the top contenders. I am not at a liberty to really talk about them. All I have to say is be patient!
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 10:01 PM   #5083
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What is the ETA on these new changes, i love the quality of the sexray, but i wouldnt mind something a little different, as have had a couple of xrays in various forms for the last 3 years.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:04 PM   #5084
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

The changes are really a further refinement of the car. But the basic essence is there. I don't have any further info reguarding an ETA. I was handed some Prototype parts to put on a car I'm building for a Friend/teamdriver.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 10:39 PM   #5085
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here are some recent photos of Andy Moore's car which show some interesting parts:

KMW is offline   Reply With Quote