R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-24-2003, 10:19 AM   #5026
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by XRaycer
RCinfinity- at our track there is probably 6 or 8 X-Ray cars, and whenever I run tc I try my best to keep the team proud FYI the hobby shop(s) stock a pretty good selection of parts. just my .02
I'm gald to hear that. Out here in Socal, there are fewer Xrays due to those people opting for a shaft car instead. The Losi and the Xray cars are the only belted cars left here.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 08:07 AM   #5027
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdx6
Here's a problem I have had, my rear diff is always gritty. I've rebuilt it twice two since the first time i built it. But It just gets gritty right away. I've cleaned it out with motor spray too and used plenty of lube. Any ideas? It's getting annoying, especially because the first time i built the diff it was awsome, than it got gritty. My front one is still awsome. Thanks.
Use less lube. The more lube you use, the more gunk will get into the diffs. There is an excellent article at IRS's website about diff building. It was written about pan car diffs, but it applies to basically any ball diff. http://www.teamirsrc.com/techtips.html
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 09:10 AM   #5028
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
Here's a quick question for everyone:
How is the popularity if the 1/10 Xray car coming along at your local track considering all the new shaft cars that came out recently?
At our local track the X-ray is King, about 6 month aggo after Alex Lopez got his ride with them, his dad (shop owner) got one. He gave me one to build I tryed it and kep it and build him an other one. Then some of the other racers started trying it, the got it and the cycle has gone on and on. I think there are maybe 3 TC3s left everione that bought the Yok dumped it and trere are a few Losi's but everithing else is all X-ray.I would say about 98% of the racers all run one form or the other of the X-ray.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 09:48 PM   #5029
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to TC3Racer67

I think most of us can agree that we like seeing pics of other racer's rides, here's mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my car0.jpg (102.7 KB, 164 views)
TC3Racer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 05:12 AM   #5030
Tech Adept

We have also seen a shift this year at both of our carpet tracks. An Xray wins nearly every race. The few races not won by one of the Xray cars are won by Losi cars. I have not seen a TC3 win a single race yet this winter season at either track.
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:20 AM   #5031
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

X-ray is becoming very popular in Australia aswell. I would say because of its looks, durability, adjustability and it very high quality( but the best part is the internally adjustable shocks)
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #5032
Tech Fanatic

Most of the people run x-rays at my track. I have to say probably around 25. There are still a handful of people running the tc3, but most of them are beginners. Than theres a few yokomos, losi's, and schumachers. Oh, and I can't forget the one assassin thrown in there.

I tried using a alfa 2.0 body on my t1r (I usually run a stratus 1) with foam tires, and that car was impossible to drive. It was so incredibly twitchy to drive, even in the slow corners where you wouldn't think that aerodynamics would effect handling. Than when I put the stratus back on the car was actually driveable. I could even tell a difference in the top end down the back straight. And now it was not the battary pack because I used the same one for both tests. Just something I thought was interesting and wanted to share.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:03 PM   #5033
Tech Regular

I never really thought that just by using different bodies, that the handlling of these little cars would be affected. I've only run stratus 1's, but thought About the alfa 2.0, thanks for the info.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:30 PM   #5034
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

I tried the Alfa 2.0 today and it's AWSOME! handles like a slot car

A bit weird design though
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:32 PM   #5035
Tech Regular

go figure, maybe it was your setup racer dx?
Old 10-26-2003, 03:12 PM   #5036
Tech Adept

Thing is that aerodynamics are simply another variable which you can use to adjust the car's handling. As with any other variable you are looking to balance the effect the aerodynamic package has with the effects of chassis variables.

I've found my Vectra shell works really well on high speed tracks outside, and I'm undecided as to whether the S60 or Losi Alfa goes better indoors.
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 05:58 PM   #5037
Tech Fanatic

I have no doubts that it is my set-up. I think that you could get the bodies to handle pretty similer if you just changed the set up. I used to only run the alfa 2.0 when we ran rubber tires. That body is awsome with rubber tires in my opinion. There are some people that run the alfa 2.0 on foams and they love it. I guess it all just varies on track condition, set up, and driver preference. And mine is that on foam tires I like the stratus 1 more. And on rubber tires the Alfa 2.0 is the way to go. Just my .02
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:29 PM   #5038
Tech Adept

Hey guys got a question. Will AE Tc3 shocks fit on the Xray Evo 2. I simply donot like the shocks and now have one broken. Want to go with something more familiar. Thanks for any info. Kevin Mac.
lowbugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:34 PM   #5039
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by lowbugit
Hey guys got a question. Will AE Tc3 shocks fit on the Xray Evo 2. I simply donot like the shocks and now have one broken. Want to go with something more familiar. Thanks for any info. Kevin Mac.
no they will not.. I've tried it... TC3 shocks are shorter than Xrays.
if you use longer shocks ends it may work...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 03:32 PM   #5040
Tech Adept

Thanks for the response but I was wondering if they are shorter could you not use the bottom row of holes on the shock tower. Anymore shocks that will work? Thanks.
lowbugit is offline   Reply With Quote