R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2001, 11:48 PM   #481
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner
Default ;) Evil Grins from Non-LHS Owners...

Haha, did you guys know that Buster drives a Ferrari and dates Jennifer Lopez? She saw his supply of Serpent and XRay parts and immediately called up Brad Pitt and dumped him. Nothing turns women on like HP belts...wooooohooo.

I feel like the Maytag waiting for my car to break. Perhaps you should sell me some defective steering blocks so that I would at least be forced to do some maintenance on my bearings...haha.
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 10:57 AM   #482
Tech Adept

Default Re: ;) Evil Grins from Non-LHS Owners...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Kurschner
Haha, did you guys know that Buster drives a Ferrari and dates Jennifer Lopez? She saw his supply of Serpent and XRay parts and immediately called up Brad Pitt and dumped him. Nothing turns women on like HP belts...wooooohooo.

I feel like the Maytag waiting for my car to break. Perhaps you should sell me some defective steering blocks so that I would at least be forced to do some maintenance on my bearings...haha.
I though Brad Pitt was married to Jennifer Anniston??? Either one would work for me.....lol
LooseCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 10:58 AM   #483
Tech Adept

Either jennifer that is. Sorry Brad i'm just not that desperate.....yikes
LooseCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 11:20 AM   #484
Tech Initiate

Default dtm

The spring steel wheel axles are designed not for top competition where you are in challenge of each gram, but for standard users who would like to have wheel axles that last forever.
I can not understand exactly what problem do you have with the width of them. We tested the axles on standard 24 and 26mm wheels and everything is ok, you just need slightly release the pivot balls on 26mm wheels if you want to keep the width.
Please let me know if you have any other problem.

The top deck was in the prototype with ball system but it was not so stiff as the actual production is. The cases instead of balls are exactly grinded and hard coated to overcome any stress and the top deck is very stiff in axial direction but perfect for twisting.
It should not substitute the original top deck but is an option if you want to have chassis more flexible for certain tracks.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 11:49 AM   #485
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by mario
The spring steel wheel axles are designed not for top competition where you are in challenge of each gram, but for standard users who would like to have wheel axles that last forever.
I can not understand exactly what problem do you have with the width of them. We tested the axles on standard 24 and 26mm wheels and everything is ok, you just need slightly release the pivot balls on 26mm wheels if you want to keep the width.

The top deck was in the prototype with ball system but it was not so stiff as the actual production is. The cases instead of balls are exactly grinded and hard coated to overcome any stress and the top deck is very stiff in axial direction but perfect for twisting.
It should not substitute the original top deck but is an option if you want to have chassis more flexible for certain tracks.
Mario- I'm running Ellegi foam tires, they are 27mm wide. With the original hexes I get about 1mm clearance between the rim and the plastic hub, with the new steel hexes I get contact!!

I'm not too concerned with the weight.... it was just that Dave asked the question!

As for the upper deck. I was just a little disappointed that you guys came out with something that appears to be easily modifiable using the original deck and some 'handy' work and bits and pieces I already have in my toolbox. However, I'm sure the optional deck will perform well for the 'lazy' drivers!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 06:54 PM   #486
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Ferrari? Ferrari? ARE YOU CRAZY! I WOULD NOT DRIVE SUCH A PILE OF JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drive a Xray T1 man! Only the best for me!
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 08:15 PM   #487
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: dtm

Quote:

Mario: can you post a picture of the new upper deck? I dont quite understand what you mean !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 09:00 PM   #488
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Buster, will you be going to the track tomorrow??? If so, I'd like to get the HP belts.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 11:13 AM   #489
Tech Initiate

matincore...it will be posted at VIP Room in a very short time with some more stuff.
Old 12-23-2001, 04:58 AM   #490
Tech Initiate

dtm...well the axles were tested at 24 and 26mm wheels that race in majority all around, but still you should be able to release the pivot balls slightly to achieve the width

the top deck was found to be more precise and better working with the "bushing" instead of balls - that is reason why it is so provided.
Old 12-23-2001, 11:23 AM   #491
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
dtm...well the axles were tested at 24 and 26mm wheels that race in majority all around, but still you should be able to release the pivot balls slightly to achieve the width

the top deck was found to be more precise and better working with the "bushing" instead of balls - that is reason why it is so provided.
Mario- the wheel is actually rubbing against the plastic HUB so releasing the pivot balls will not help! Anyway, the shims seems to be doing an ok job! Thks. The extra 2mm on the width is easy to achieve.

One more thing on the upper deck- did you guys try anything like the Yokomo YR-4 upper deck spring mounts? This allows flex and you can tension the front belt!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 04:37 PM   #492
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone tried the front lower spring cups. What do they do? Performance wise?
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 10:48 PM   #493
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner
Default front spring cups

damo - I'm using them. Mostly what it allow you to do run the same type of spring front and back. If you use to use springs like the AE springs (because you may already have them or know of them), you can use them on front and back and they fit perfectly. Also, you get a different progression rate on a longer spring. Some say that you get a bit more steering response with the longer spring. I don't think that they are critical to getting your T1 to handle well but a neat inexpensive hop-up to experiment with.
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 01:38 PM   #494
Joe
Tech Regular

Hey, I got a digital cam for Xmas. Here's some pics of my car:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfa 156.jpg (54.4 KB, 146 views)
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 01:39 PM   #495
Joe
Tech Regular

And:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #2.jpg (86.0 KB, 142 views)
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote