Xray T1

You're on Page 311 of 848
Go to
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by PorscheSuperCup
    Devin,

does ashford hobbies have online ordering? Do they have a website?
    Online ordering? Not quite. He has price lists on his website. You email him the parts that you need and he sends a PDF quote back with costs/shipping. If it's in stock, he'll ship the same day. He's very fast and generally has everything in stock...if on backorder he'll ship when he gets it or if not in stock he'll order it for you. His website is www.ashfordhobby.com

Tell him that John Fontaine sent you.
  • Don't worry Stephen just giving you a hard time.
  • lol cool, and OMG did u say racing Kraig!? Whats that? Ur like a foreigner during most of the season lol.
  • Mounted Fan on an EVO2
    Quote:
    Originally posted by RCInfinity
    For those of you that mounted fans on your Xray, please post a pic. I'm trying to get a fan mounted and still allow the removal and installation of the motor.
    Hey Neil,

This is how i mounted a fan that I took out of a rack mount server. I used two small zip ties to attach it to the rear bulkhead. You can easily take the motor in and out this way. I will probably look for a lighter weight fan, but since i had this one I thought I would use it. Sorry the picture quality isnt that great, I might be able to get better pics of it.

• Second Picture
  • Hi Porche

I came really close to doing it that way. Instead, I used the Xray transponder mount and zip tied the fan to it. I then screwed the mount to the left rear bulkhead. I don't have a pic of it right now, when I get home I'll take one and post it.
  • Hey I found some pics on the net, and it has some add things on it..Its a Xray EVO 2 with aluminum c-hubs, but the C hubs are on the outside of the bulkheads. Also, the upper link on the front is mounted on the bulkhead and not the shock tower. I was wondering if there will be a version like this sold? Also if anyone knows who he is? Also if this makes a big differnce in handling?

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/%7Ercracerswe...03jmrcaexp.htm

STeve
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by fowlerJr68
    Hey I found some pics on the net, and it has some add things on it..Its a Xray EVO 2 with aluminum c-hubs, but the C hubs are on the outside of the bulkheads. Also, the upper link on the front is mounted on the bulkhead and not the shock tower. I was wondering if there will be a version like this sold? Also if anyone knows who he is? Also if this makes a big differnce in handling?

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/%7Ercracerswe...03jmrcaexp.htm

STeve
    That's Andreas' car... Xray team Europe. Those are the new prototype arms that are mounted on the outside of the bulkheads. Not sure if it will be sold...

The shorter arms are good for tight twisty high traction tracks.
  • are these arms available? And did he customize his bulkheads?

STeve
  • The bulkheads are prototypes, both front and rear. The arms may or may not go into production. Still in development.
  • so those bulkheads and arms may be sold? what are the advantages?

STeve
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by RCInfinity
    The bulkheads are prototypes, both front and rear. The arms may or may not go into production. Still in development.

Most likely they will not go into production due to tooling cost etc.... and the new (top secret) design work is complete.
  • does anyone have a good asphalt setup for the T1R?

Steve
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by fowlerJr68
    does anyone have a good asphalt setup for the T1R?

Steve
    Check the list of setups on www.mytsn.com
  • ok thanx... I just thought of this..is it possible that those short arms are from the 1/12th touring car?

STeve