Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

could be, but I didn't have to go anywhere...it will come to my door. Call my lazy and im flying to boston after work tonight so I dont have time to go driving around...
Old 09-06-2003, 04:04 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How is the T1R

Guys,

I just got my T1R and havent assembled it yet. Still havent decided whether to assemble it or just sell it to my bro. How does it compare to shaftdrives like the Evo3 and R2. Will this be competitive in Stock or Spec class. I know for a fact that the Evo3 and R2 have very free drives trains. Will the T1R have drive train disadvantage or is there a way to free it up, or is it free enough as is? This will be my first belt driven car if I decide to take it.

I want answers from guys who arent biased with belt or shaft!
Old 09-06-2003, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default XRAY TROUBLE

Can you lower the internal gear ratio at all
Old 09-06-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Xray is very free as a belt car, the new pulleys help that even more and change the internal ratio.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The car is extremely free right out of the box. It took me a couple of months to get my FTTC3 to free up. I didn't have to do anything to the XRAY.

I race mine in stock and it is extremely competitive. If anything it is a lot more efficent then the majority of the cars I race. It is only going to get better as well. Plus it is box stock, no option parts on it yet.

Later,
Old 09-06-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

I ran my first Xray box stock for several months before the optional parts became more readily available.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
rcinfinity - thanks for the reply...but have you come across other using other than the HPI or GS bladders

sorry guys for having my questions scattered all over this thread...how low would you be able to run foams with the T1R with at least 2mm uptravel...do i really need the lower shock tower for foams as i've read someone posted that its needed for running foam very low..if so what's the part number...cant seem to find the post again
anyone??

TIA
Old 09-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Foam Shock Tower Front Low-Graphite
Part number #302095

More info here: http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/produc...&kategoria=528

As for the bladders, I use the stock ones.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Headbanger
Foam Shock Tower Front Low-Graphite
Part number #302095

More info here: http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/produc...&kategoria=528

As for the bladders, I use the stock ones.
I have purchase that shock tower when it came out. I only been running my T1R for a short time, and it's stock out of the box, (except the 1.77 pulley set), the car is just as fast with the other cars out there. Everyone is knowing my car is fast, now I just have to keep in pace with the faster guys on the line.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by milf
I have purchase that shock tower when it came out. I only been running my T1R for a short time, and it's stock out of the box, (except the 1.77 pulley set), the car is just as fast with the other cars out there. Everyone is knowing my car is fast, now I just have to keep in pace with the faster guys on the line.
milf - how much lower is the foam shock tower compared to the T1R stock tower?
Old 09-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Guys I have a question about tires and inserts. Just ran my Evo 2 Sat. and it ran well. I do however think I may have been off alittle on tires, and inserts. Track is asphalt, around 100 degrees track temp, medium tight layout, fair traction, no additives to the track. What tires and inserts would you look at running preferably Sorex tires but not a must. What insert could I run to help eliminate the air gap. Thanks for any info. Kevin.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lowbugit
Guys I have a question about tires and inserts. Just ran my Evo 2 Sat. and it ran well. I do however think I may have been off alittle on tires, and inserts. Track is asphalt, around 100 degrees track temp, medium tight layout, fair traction, no additives to the track. What tires and inserts would you look at running preferably Sorex tires but not a must. What insert could I run to help eliminate the air gap. Thanks for any info. Kevin.
Why do you want to eliminate the air gap?
Old 09-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

I guess coming from offroad I want the tire to feel full. That may be a better explaination. It feels like the tire can roll over a bit and usually that speels trouble. any ideas or am I way off. Thanks Kevin.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

I meant spells trouble.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lowbugit
I guess coming from offroad I want the tire to feel full. That may be a better explaination. It feels like the tire can roll over a bit and usually that speels trouble. any ideas or am I way off. Thanks Kevin.
Hi Kevin, the setup b/w offroad and onroad are drastically different. Just because you completely fill in the tire in offroad, that it will work in onroad. It actually is the opposite. As for the tire rolling, it is extremely difficult to notice. In fact, you first notice it when you pull the car off and look at the tires. If your car feels like the tire is rolling over, it may be the car or the setup.

The tire needs an air gap. That is what gives the car traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.