R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-04-2003, 04:51 PM   #4561
Tech Elite

With the newer batteries out now, maybe a 7 or 6 turn motor is a posibility to look at.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 08:01 PM   #4562
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
Those type of bladders do make the shock action smoother. If you can get a hold of them, it would be well worth the effort.
rcinfinity - thanks for the reply...but have you come across other using other than the HPI or GS bladders

sorry guys for having my questions scattered all over this thread...how low would you be able to run foams with the T1R with at least 2mm uptravel...do i really need the lower shock tower for foams as i've read someone posted that its needed for running foam very low..if so what's the part number...cant seem to find the post again
fReShJiVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 09:58 AM   #4563
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

I put in a small radio shack 12v fan blowing on the endbell of the motor in my evo II. I think I might take it out though due to its hard to mount securerly plus it makes it difficult to remove the motor for maintenance. Anyone do this with any sucess? I dont think it will cool down the motor that much with this small airflow. Cool mod, but I think it would help more on a TC3 or another shaft drive car where more room is possible.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:35 AM   #4564
Tech Elite

I thought about doing the same thing. But I figured I would have problems with removal and installation of the motor, similar to what you experienced. Perhaps the fan could be mounted to the bulkhead above the motor pointing down towards the endbell. But to do that, you will need a smaller fan. What do you think Devin?
Old 09-05-2003, 10:42 AM   #4565
Tech Elite

Possible..but I think you want to direct the fan at the endbell for the best possible cooling of the motor. I got my install to work, I made a brace out of scrap lexan and attached it at a corner of the fan and then at the upper deck brace. The bottom is secure with a small piece of servo tape to the fan and chassis. It wont move, just makes it a pain for the wiring to go around the fan and soldered to the motor. Also keep in mind the fan has to come out to get at the motor. Possible, yes...worth it...really dont know. The fan doesn't push that much air. I'll have to test it out to see if it makes a difference on the track or not. I have the switch plugged into my battery slot on my receiver so it turns on and off via the ESC. I just did all of this last night.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #4566
Tech Elite

I know of quite a few guys that have added fan and they noticed improved performance gains with a cooler motor. So you will notice a difference when you run it. But like you said, is it worth all the effort. In modified, you will need to remove the motor often, but in stock maybe not as often. I'll be putting one on my F1 car for sure since the motor compartment is enclosed in plastic. Bad combination.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:50 AM   #4567
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

Alex Lopez has been running a fan in his Evo2 at all of the FSEARA state series races.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:51 AM   #4568
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
The fan doesn't push that much air.
Okay...now I'm lurking in the Xray Forum...hehe it's okay, I still have one. I believe the reason why your fan isn't moving too much air is because it's a 12V fan. Look for a 5V fan and I'm sure it'll blow a lot harder (hmmm that sounds wrong). There was an article in a magazine recently that said use a 12V fan and I believe it should have said 5V.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:55 AM   #4569
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
Okay...now I'm lurking in the Xray Forum...hehe it's okay, I still have one. I believe the reason why your fan isn't moving too much air is because it's a 12V fan. Look for a 5V fan and I'm sure it'll blow a lot harder (hmmm that sounds wrong). There was an article in a magazine recently that said use a 12V fan and I believe it should have said 5V.
Speaking of fans, did you get mine yet from your bro Rod?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:12 AM   #4570
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
Ah, that mag did lead me wrong. I'll try and find a 5volt to test.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:38 AM   #4571
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
Speaking of fans, did you get mine yet from your bro Rod?
Hi Neil, guess what? It totally escaped my mind up until this morning. I emailed him and asked if he could pick some up. I hope he does
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:12 PM   #4572
Tech Elite

Just ordered an orion 5v 40mm fan. Its 7cfm, largest I could find in 50mm 5 volt. Only 9 bucks...worth a shot to see if it works.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:47 PM   #4573
Tech Rookie

any photo with fan on xray know where put it thank
flarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:54 PM   #4574
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by flarcracer
any photo with fan on xray know where put it thank
My god, is this english?

Dont have pics but I can post them....lol, proofread dude.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #4575
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
Just ordered an orion 5v 40mm fan. Its 7cfm, largest I could find in 50mm 5 volt. Only 9 bucks...worth a shot to see if it works.
That's a bit pricey, I went to a computer store and picked one up for two dollars.