R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-18-2003, 10:21 AM   #4381
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Evo 2, and T1R

Quote:
Originally posted by milf
Hey guys, over the weekend I had raced my Evo 2 and I had cracked the front chassis, and the front bumper. Luckly I had extra parts I always carry with me to the track, but then I decided to put the T1R out for the 2nd quailfier, and the car was ok, I needed to stiffen the front end due to lots of traction yesterday in San Jose, Ca., I had quailfied 4th with the car, I started to work up the field and was tied with 1st and then I got hit by another racer, then I had got back to about the 3rd position, then all of sudden in the back straight, my car took a sudden hard right turn, (someone turn their radio on ), then through out the main I had problems with the car, so I took it off so I do not interferre with the race, (it's a point serries race), so I ended up finishing 10th. I was not the only one with radio glitching from that too. I even told the race director about it........but "Oh well" what can you really do about it, ( i was thinking of having them re-run the race ), but it's alright........it's all for fun too, and plus i'm in the top 3 before yesterday's race. I thought I share that with ya.

So you're the one...that keeps shutting down middle of the race.. esc problem maybe?

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:12 AM   #4382
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Milf....

I felt bad for Milf yesterday.We had bad radio interference problems.And it was a points race to boot.His car was good but I think it took a while for him to realize how different the evo2 w/pillow ball suspension is to a t1r.Night and day.He was getting radio hits during the main.too bad we couldnt rerun the race.I just call the races,really dont have a say as far as a rerun being I refuse to join a club I rarely race at. Anyway,bring that thing to carpet friday.See how it goes.Told you that its a pretty strong car.Those boards are fierce @ rccar.My t1r in stock was ok.My fastest lap yesterday was a 14.7 when mod guys were turning low 14-high 13's.Not bad but I can never figure what tire to run on vht. So consistancy was not there.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:41 AM   #4383
Tech Elite

I've had some problems with glitching in my Evo2 and the Novak synthesized receiver.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:43 AM   #4384
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Evo 2, and T1R

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
So you're the one...that keeps shutting down middle of the race.. esc problem maybe?
You were there? Which one was you? Yeah, someone at the swap meet, and at the hobby store they were turning on the radio's and cause glitching, i was not the only one that had glitching too..........and that is going to look good on my points standing
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:45 AM   #4385
Tech Regular

Default Re: Milf....

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
I felt bad for Milf yesterday.We had bad radio interference problems.And it was a points race to boot.His car was good but I think it took a while for him to realize how different the evo2 w/pillow ball suspension is to a t1r.Night and day.He was getting radio hits during the main.too bad we couldnt rerun the race.I just call the races,really dont have a say as far as a rerun being I refuse to join a club I rarely race at. Anyway,bring that thing to carpet friday.See how it goes.Told you that its a pretty strong car.Those boards are fierce @ rccar.My t1r in stock was ok.My fastest lap yesterday was a 14.7 when mod guys were turning low 14-high 13's.Not bad but I can never figure what tire to run on vht. So consistancy was not there.
Racenut123, Yeah, it was bad that my car took a hit and cause some damage to my car, rear shock tower cracked, so I glued it together for now, and it looks pretty good
Old 08-18-2003, 11:49 AM   #4386
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

you should find out who turned on their Radios and kick them out of the club and not let them race at the track..... That is just crap...I am amazed at how stupid some people are.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:56 AM   #4387
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
you should find out who turned on their Radios and kick them out of the club and not let them race at the track..... That is just crap...I am amazed at how stupid some people are.
It was not one of the racer's that turn their radio's on. There was a swap meet going on, and the hobby store is about 100 yards away, and they were trying to help a newbie or something, but they should know better.....when there's a race going on, all radio's should not be turn on while a race is on. But thanks for your input
Old 08-18-2003, 12:00 PM   #4388
Tech Elite

That actually happened at a race near us. Two guys got in a little hissy and when the other one was racing he changed his frequency to match that guys...Nitro car into wall at full speed is not cool
Old 08-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #4389
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Evo 2, and T1R

Quote:
Originally posted by milf
You were there? Which one was you? Yeah, someone at the swap meet, and at the hobby store they were turning on the radio's and cause glitching, i was not the only one that had glitching too..........and that is going to look good on my points standing
You had the T1R right? I think I pick-up your car at one point during a race... I was at the end of the straights on turn 1.

I was running the new R2 Web Special...Alfa with Martini decals.
was trying to get the car dailed in all day for it's first race.

I had my ray as back-up...but never did take it out for a run. Should have...wanted to try the new 1.77 pulleys. oh well maybe next race...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:27 PM   #4390
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
I agree, the size of the can is the same, but the length is different. Some modifications are needed.
Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
I remember I had to dremel a bit of the battery hold downs so that it doesn't rub on the end of the motor/BL.
Quote:
Originally posted by jbackslash
I forgot. I had to dremel away a little of the chasis in order for the back end of the can to drop down far enough.
Thank u for the tips
fReShJiVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:30 PM   #4391
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fReShJiVe
Thank u for the tips
Where do you intend to place the speedo? Some people have placed it next to the position of the motor, and just moved the batts up one or two positions.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:26 PM   #4392
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Hey guys,

On e-bay-I once saw a guy selling Xray parts and he had a NIP Xray T1 chassis. Any guesses on people who might still have "old skool" Xray parts for sale that are new like that?

I ran my Xray t1 (not evo2) and it was by far the best my cars been. The problem is the chassis I used was Hosed (was used a lot on asphalt and its scratchd and worn thin in spots).

I need a new one to really do this set-up justice.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:33 PM   #4393
Tech Elite

Rayhung... that was me about 4 months ago I had 3 of the Old T1 Chassis NIP that I was stupid and sold...got $85 per chassis but I should have kept them. One of the guys I race with has about 4 old T1 Chassis..but we are saving them for our own use . I am actually trying to dump all my Piviot Ball stuff on e-bay right now. Along with some One Ways, and NIP Front Adjustabe Sway Bar and Semi-Flex Top Deck.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:45 PM   #4394
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Mike-Web-what name do you go by on e-bay? I'll search some of it out and keep my eyes on it.
Also-what advantage do the alumnum eccentric Pivot Ball hinge pin mounts make? did I say that right? Mine are plastic.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:54 PM   #4395
Tech Elite

Ebay name is mike_jami

Here is a link to what the Eccentric Pins do

https://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2246

I just sold 2 sets of them