R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #4246
Tech Adept

I don't own a XRAY, but could people post some pictures of there setups? I really like the design of the car. Which though would be considered better? A Pro 3 or the new XRAY?
J Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #4247
Tech Adept

Also on XRAYS secret project that will come out this fall. I have talked to lots of people about it, and they say its a 1:18 scale car, much like the HPI Micro RS4.

I also heard it will be displayed at the Chicago Hobby Expo.
J Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 11:13 PM   #4248
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default t1r

Do not waste your money on the Pro3.....T1R is a real race car.No need for hundreds of dollars of hopups.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:58 AM   #4249
Tech Regular

I had a fully hopped up Pro 3 (equivalent of what was released as the Hara Edition)......read LOTS of $$$

I've since upgraded to a T1 EVO and first run out was consistently faster than I had ever been with the Pro 3. Now that I've run it for half a season, the difference is chalk and cheese.

As has been said before, don't waste your money on the Pro 3. HPI have even dropped the hype on it...prefering to talk about the upcoming Pro 4 and how different it is to the Pro 3.

A T1 or T1R will be great out of the box. All I could suggest is a one-way diff (if your driving style prefers it) and the rear roll center bridge to give you more tuning options but they are options.

Cheers

Andy
wrxmy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 01:14 AM   #4250
Tech Regular

why do some people put the tub T1R chassis on there evo 2?
Matt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:53 AM   #4251
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

I think the T1R Chassis will be the ticket for Carpet Racers. Right now I am getting the T1R for carpet becuase it is stiffer then the EVO2 Chassis. Last year I ran a EVO2 with the T1 Chassis to stiffen it up. Only option that I think you really need for the T1R on carpet might be the Sloid Graphite Top Plate but I am going to have to test that.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:06 AM   #4252
Tech Regular

Plastic tub stiffer than Carbon Fibre You sure about that??

My EVO 2 is stiff as a brick.......I've heard of people running the tub chassis to enduce flex on ashphalt (parking lot)

Cheers
Old 08-04-2003, 07:13 AM   #4253
Tech Elite

From what I was told down at Snowbirds last year the Tub Chassis with the Plastic Brace is Flexible. Add that little Piece that goes from the Chassis to the Top deck and it is very stiff. Add the Graphite Top plate and the Piece that goes to the Top Plate and Chassis and it will be very very stiff.

There was about 5 of us up here in VA that ran the X-Ray last year on Carpet and all but one of us ran the T1 Chassis as opposed to the EV02 Chaissis becuase there was major flex in it compared to the T1. The Other Driver was running the Pillow Ball while the rest of use were running the C-Hub.

You do not want Flex when racing on Carpet..... You want flex when running on asphalt.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:45 AM   #4254
Tech Regular

Quote:
You do not want Flex when racing on Carpet..... You want flex when running on asphalt.
Agreed... thats why people here have been running the T1R chassis on parking lots.

Wouldn't the C-Hubs also give you more flex then the pillow balls?
Old 08-04-2003, 09:34 AM   #4255

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Hey Guys its been awhile since i have been here but i just got the xray ready to go and got those screws out finally lol.

I am getting the tub for carpet. It will be stiffer than the carbon fiber plates. U still run the hard top deck too but because the tub chassis has ribs it will make it torsionally stiffer. Plastic or not.

Question I have- For people who run mod with this car, are belts ever an issue of breakage? I have almost every part except belts lol.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:51 AM   #4256
Tech Elite

The C Hubs will give some Flex... but I think that evey car their c-Hubs give flex..Of Course with the X-Ray you have the Soft/Med and Hard C-Hubs and Arms to choose from. I will start with Medium and maybe go to hard.

In Mod the belts are fine as long as you do not tighten your diff to much or lock the Diff up in the rear.... you will snap the rear belt.

Mike Webb
Old 08-04-2003, 10:20 AM   #4257

Thanks for the info Mike
Old 08-04-2003, 11:28 AM   #4258
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
In Mod the belts are fine as long as you do not tighten your diff to much or lock the Diff up in the rear.... you will snap the rear belt.

Mike Webb
Mike, have you snapped the rear belt? I find that difficult to do. If you did, how did you do it? Conditions?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:15 PM   #4259
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
I think the T1R Chassis will be the ticket for Carpet Racers. Right now I am getting the T1R for carpet becuase it is stiffer then the EVO2 Chassis. Last year I ran a EVO2 with the T1 Chassis to stiffen it up. Only option that I think you really need for the T1R on carpet might be the Sloid Graphite Top Plate but I am going to have to test that.
Alex Lopez (XRay Factory Team Driver) runs the Evo2 chassis on carpet.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #4260

I have run the evo 2 chassis on carpet and it works dont get me wrong but it rolls too much in the corner and its being caused by chassis flex. This is especially seen in national events. The tub chassis such as losi and assoc have a tendency to have more corned speed because the chassis' dont flex alot. Ne thing can be setup to roll thru the corners fast eventually but isnt it better to get there the quickest route possible? just stiffen it up