R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2003, 02:48 PM   #4231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
What type of hybrid Xrays are some of you guys running? This is just a question to fuel my need to mix and match parts.
T1R chassis / solid layshaft w-LR pullies / T1 bulkheads / composite c-hub kit / Lowered front foam tower / multi tune rear shock tower...I switched to the "tub" chassis due to damaging impacts to the servo on the T1 chassis...I have also noticed the composite chassis to be a bit more responsive to steering inputs...
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:06 PM   #4232
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Caddzilla Send a message via AIM to Caddzilla Send a message via Yahoo to Caddzilla

Original Xray T1, solid layshaft with low ratio pulley set, Evo 2 bulkheads, Evo 2 shock towers, "c" hub suspension and the 3mm rear belt.
Caddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 10:46 PM   #4233
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

just the good 'ol evo2 with PIVOT BALL suspension. Spring steel hex on all four corners, and solid upper deck.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 11:33 PM   #4234
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ernestf

Mine is pretty much Xray Evo2 + alu C-hub conversion front and rear alloy shocks body, Front oneway (the old type), 1.77 pulley set, belt tensioner, rear reinforce bridge, front/rear anti-roll bar (non Blade type) ..... and also the T1R tube chassis + front upper bumper holder.
ernestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 11:36 PM   #4235
Tech Regular

why did u put the tub chassis on ernestf??
Matt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 02:58 AM   #4236
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,

Where do you shop for X-Ray parts ?
I live in France and need a good shop that can deal with international and of course which has good stock, good price and above all which is very serious.

Thank you for your input,

Ralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:57 AM   #4237
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt04
does the evo 2 FOC have the same gear ratio as the T1R(2.125) and if they do does this mean that they would probly perform at the same level. and is there any other way to improve your accelaration other than the pulleys, and what hop ups would u think the T1R would really need to perform against the other top cars in 540(other shatf cars). thanks Matt
If you are after a good solid car to learn with PM me or come see me at the hill one night, i have a std T1R i run in v8 540, and have won or come second at every meet it has been run. For sale if your interested. Have not decided on a price, make an offer
Old 07-31-2003, 01:24 PM   #4238
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

If you want a rock solid car, then the XRay T1 Evo2 is bar none the most durable car on the market. I have abused my Evo2 to hell and back, two weeks ago at the FSEARA state race a turnmarshall actually stepped and fell onto my car, the ONLY damage suffered was a slightly cracked shock tower and one of the rear body mounts was bent, that's it! The chassis wasn't tweaked or anything, if this was a TC3 or another similar car, the whole rear end would have shattered or something, lol.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:56 PM   #4239
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

I agree, the xray is a very durable car. I had one incident where I tapped (or I mean full speed colided) with a PVC coupling coming off a straight with my front right wheel and it busted both the upper and lower arms plus the supports into the bulkhead on the front right. I couldn't believe it, but I was going full speed. I don't think that will happen now with the RBlove bumper...that bumper is trick and really protects the front end.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 02:41 PM   #4240
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Caddzilla Send a message via AIM to Caddzilla Send a message via Yahoo to Caddzilla

Accord, I have to agree with you. I had a turn marshal jump on the back of my car and all the happened was he snapped both rear body mounts and trashed the body. The last state race I broke the first part on my car. All that I broke was the right front "c" hub carrier. I can't say enough about the xray. I don't think I will get any other car .. well maybe the new xray when it comes out.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:06 PM   #4241
Tech Fanatic

Caddzilla, I see you live in Lake Worth, I live in Boca Raton. Where do you race at locally? I race every week at MDI in West Palm Beach. Also, were you at the last FSEARA state race at TQ hobbies?

John
Old 08-02-2003, 06:55 PM   #4242
Regional Moderator

bump
volav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 11:22 AM   #4243
Tech Regular

Default T1R

Wow! First time race this car yesterday, and boy that car is really great. I was at the track putting that car together in between of races, first qualifed I raced the Evo 2, then I was putting the T1R together, race the 2nd qualifed with the T1R and got 2 more laps with the car.......the car is a bit faster. Racenut123 witness my car on the track, and he even said in my main, "Quote" You have the fastest car in this main.

Racenut123, Thanks for your help.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 05:37 PM   #4244
Tech Adept

Accord .. yes I was at the last state race at TQ hobbies. I was in the MDI tent with all the other guys from down here. I was the guy with the flourescent orange car. I go to the carpet track from time to time but with my schedule I don't get much time to race. I do plan on racing the next trophy race and the next state race at MDI Racing's carpet track later on this month.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:45 PM   #4245
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Caddzilla
Accord .. yes I was at the last state race at TQ hobbies. I was in the MDI tent with all the other guys from down here. I was the guy with the flourescent orange car. I go to the carpet track from time to time but with my schedule I don't get much time to race. I do plan on racing the next trophy race and the next state race at MDI Racing's carpet track later on this month.
Haha, it's a small world! I'm John Gordon, with the XRay with yellow to orange fade and was in the MDI tent too!